Brittany Butwin is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Brittany participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Brittany has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisitions of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation and Henry Company LLC and in the sale of its majority stake in Aspen Dental Management Inc.
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS ConGlobal
- The Apax Digital Fund, as lead investor, in a Series D funding round for Guesty, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- The Blackstone Group in its acquisition of a majority stake in ZO Skin Health, Inc.
- Blackstone in the acquisitions by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Concert Golf Partners and Aqua Finance, Inc.
- CPP Investments as a member of a consortium led by EQT in that consortium's $2.7 billion acquisition of Waystar, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs, the founding and largest shareholder of Global Atlantic Financial Group Limited, in KKR’s acquisition of a controlling interest in Global Atlantic in a transaction valued at approximately $4.7 billion
- EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants (a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its acquisition of Prime Risk Partners Inc.
- Guggenheim Partners in its convertible preferred stock investment in Safe Harbor Marinas, LLC (a portfolio company of American Infrastructure Funds)
- Intermedix Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $460 million sale to R1 RCM Inc.
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of K-MAC Holdings Corp.
- Lindsay Goldberg in the $800 million sale of Crane Currency
- National Surgical Healthcare (a portfolio company of Irving Place Capital) in its $760 million sale to Surgery Partners, Inc.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Oak Hill Capital and its portfolio company EPIC Insurance Brokers and Consultants (EPIC) in the merger of EPIC and JenCap Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of The Carlyle Group); and EPIC’s acquisition of Prime Risk Partners Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority interest in DoubleVerify, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Electric Guard Dog, LLC; in Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc.’s acquisition of ZSI-Foster, LLC; and in its sale of Kele, Inc.
- TPG Global in its agreement with Sixth Street Partners, to become independent, unaffiliated businesses, with TPG retaining a passive minority economic stake in Sixth Street
Brittany received her J.D. from Fordham University School of Law and her B.S. from Cornell University.