Chris’ experience encompasses a broad range of industries, including telecommunications, media, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, energy, transport, consumer goods, and industrial/manufacturing sectors. Chris also has particular experience advising clients on the interface between competition law and sectoral regulation.
Representative experience from his previous firm includes:
- Telefónica SA on the £31 billion merger of O2 and Virgin Media with Liberty Global plc, including the CMA Phase 2 investigation
- A number of CMA investigations under the Competition Act 1998 in relation to alleged excessive and unfair pricing and anti-competitive agreements in the pharmaceutical sector
- A crematoria operator on the CMA market investigation under the Enterprise Act 2002 into funeral markets
- An intervenor in Case T-399/16 - CK Telecoms UK Investments v Commission
- Appeal processes before the Competition Appeal Tribunal relating to Ofcom regulatory decisions and CMA investigations
- EE in obtaining unconditional Phase 2 clearance of the £12.5 billion acquisition by BT Group plc