Alex is experienced in debt products across the spectrum, including syndicated loans, high-yield bonds, unitranche facilities, second liens, mezzanine debt and holdco PIK.
Alex previously worked as an investment consultant on secondment to Bain Capital’s private equity team, where he was responsible for leveraged finance and capital markets activities across their European portfolio. Alex also previously spent time on secondment to Oaktree Capital’s private equity team and to Weil’s Hong Kong office.
As Co-Chair of the London Innovation Taskforce, Alex takes a leading role in developing the firm’s innovation strategy, working alongside the firm’s executive leadership team to drive positive change and to implement new technologies for the benefit of our clients.
Representative experience includes advising:
- Bain Capital on its senior and second lien facilities for the acquisition of Valeo Foods
- Advent International on the financing for its merger of TSG and Clearent into Xplor
- Lone Star on the financing for its take-private of McCarthy & Stone plc
- Bain Capital on its $3 billion financing package for the acquisition of a 60% stake in Kantar from WPP Group (and the financing of Kantar’s subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Numerator)
- The Ritz Hotel (London) Limited on its senior and mezzanine facilities
- Concardis (an Advent International and Bain Capital portfolio company) on its senior facilities
- Elementis plc on its senior facilities to fund the acquisition of SummitReheis