Alex is experienced in debt products across the spectrum, including syndicated loans, high-yield bonds, unitranche facilities, second liens, mezzanine debt and holdco PIK.
Alex has twice worked on secondment at Bain Capital Private Equity, most recently as maternity cover for their Head of European Capital Markets, with responsibility for leveraged finance and capital markets activities across their European portfolio (including raising financing commitments for their public takeover bid for Caverion, syndicating financings for Inetum, House of HR and Fedrigoni, and implementing a refinancing exchange offer for Stada). Alex also previously spent time on secondment to Oaktree Capital’s private equity team and to Weil’s Hong Kong office.
Representative experience at Weil includes advising:
- A&M Capital Europe on its financing for the acquisition of IB Group
- PSP on the financial restructuring of Keter
- Bain Capital on its syndicated financing for the acquisition of Inetum
- Bain Capital on its financing for the acquisition of Deltatre
- Advent International on the financing for its merger of TSG and Clearent into Xplor
- Bain Capital on its senior and second lien facilities for the acquisition of Valeo Foods
- Lone Star on the financing for its take-private of McCarthy & Stone plc
- Bain Capital on its $3 billion financing package for the acquisition of a 60% stake in Kantar from WPP Group (and the financing of Kantar’s subsequent bolt-on acquisition of Numerator)
- The Ritz Hotel (London) Limited on its senior and mezzanine facilities
- Concardis (an Advent International and Bain Capital portfolio company) on its senior facilities
- Elementis plc on its senior facilities to fund the acquisition of SummitReheis