Approximately 45 attorneys are currently based in the Dallas office.
Weil’s Dallas office brings the best of Wall Street quality legal services to Dallas and the Southwest in five primary practice areas: Private Equity and Mergers & Acquisitions, Banking and Finance, Business Finance & Restructuring, Tax, and High Stakes Commercial Litigation. In addition, the Dallas office serves as an integrated gateway to our worldwide network of offices, providing our clients with access to a global platform of legal expertise.
The transactional lawyers in our Dallas office are ranked among the very best in the world for their work on M&A and Private Equity deals and have led some of the largest and most complex transactions handled by Weil. We advise a significant number of large market cap public companies as well as private equity firms based in the region and the portfolio companies owned and controlled by private equity owners. We are highly skilled advisors in connection with the relationships and issues that arise between ownership and management within the private equity industry. Our market-leading Finance and Tax lawyers work seamlessly with our M&A and private equity teams on transactions, both in Texas and nationally.
Weil also has preeminent Litigation lawyers in Dallas who advise clients on a range of high-profile matters. Our Dallas Litigation team advises clients based in and out of Texas on a range of disputes in Texas and other state and federal courts, before arbitration panels, and in mediations. Mirroring the capabilities of the Firm’s broader, 350-attorney Litigation Department, our Dallas litigators handle all aspects of our clients’ litigation engagements, including pre-dispute counseling, filing complaints and engaging in motion practice, discovery, trial, and appeals. We specialize in high-stakes financial disputes, antitrust litigation, investigations, large-scale class actions, shareholder disputes, bankruptcy, restructuring, and creditor litigation, and other complex matters.
The Dallas office’s Business Finance & Restructuring attorneys operate as an integral part of our global restructuring practice. Weil’s premier U.S. Restructuring practice has been involved in countless international and U.S. restructurings over many decades, with representations ranging from top global corporations in mega-restructurings to middle-market debtors.
In addition, Weil has been involved in the oil and gas business since it opened its offices in Texas more than 30 years ago, and few law firms in the world can boast Weil's collective experience and knowledge of the industry, which involves nearly every practice group at the Firm.
Awards and Recognition
- Four partners named “Best Lawyer” by D Magazine in 2017 including: Private Equity partner Glenn D. West for Corporate Law: Mergers & Acquisitions; Litigation partner Ray Guy for Business & Commercial Litigation; Litigation partner Paul Genender for Business & Commercial Litigation; and co-managing partner of the Dallas office Courtney Marcus for Banking & Finance.
- Three partners have been ranked by Chambers USA including: Glenn D. West as Band 1 for Corporate M&A: Texas; Courtney Marcus as a “Leading” lawyer for Banking & Finance: Texas; and Rodney Moore as a “Leading” lawyer for Energy & Natural Resources: Nationwide.
- Glenn D. West was named 2018 “Lawyer of the Year” for Mergers & Acquisitions Law and 2017 “Lawyer of the Year” for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law in Dallas by Best Lawyers in America.
- Glenn D. West and James Griffin were named to D CEO Magazine’s 2018 Dallas 500 list as two of the Dallas area’s most powerful and influential business leaders for the Law – Mergers & Acquisitions category. This is the first time Mr. Griffin has been honored, and marks the third consecutive year that Mr. West has been honored.
- Corporate partners James Griffin, Courtney Marcus and John Quattrocchi were named to the inaugural Dallas Business Journal “Dealmakers” list in 2017.
- Tax partner Jonathan Macke was named a 2017 Dallas Business Journal 40 Under 40 honoree.
- Courtney Marcus named a “Women in Energy” honoree by Texas Lawyer in 2016.
- Co-Managing partner of the Dallas office Rodney Moore profiled as a 2015 Law360 “MVP” in Energy.
- Four partners ranked by Best Lawyers in America including: Glenn D. West for Leveraged Buyouts and Private Equity Law; Ray Guy for Commercial Litigation, Litigation - Banking & Finance, and Litigation – Securities; Paul Genender for Commercial Litigation; Business Finance & Restructuring partner Stephen Youngman for Bankruptcy & Creditor Debtor Rights/Insolvency & Reorganization Law.
Pro Bono Initiatives and Community Service
The Dallas office has repeatedly won DVAP Gold and Silver Awards recognizing pro bono excellence and the W. Frank Newton Award, the State Bar of Texas’ top law firm pro bono honor. In addition, individual Weil attorneys have several times earned the State Bar’s Frank J. Scurlock Award for Pro Bono Service and DVAP’s Pro Bono Lawyer of the Year Award. Most recently, individual Weil attorneys were honored by the Texas Civil Rights Project with its 2015 Kristi Couvillon Pro Bono Award. The office has also received the 2014 Dallas Rotary Club’s Corporate Citizen of the Year Award, recognizing its outstanding community commitment, and the 2014 Lisa Blue & Fred Baron Access to Justice Award, which recognizes outstanding commitment to pro bono work.
The Firm’s Dallas office is also widely recognized for creating a diverse workplace that values teamwork and tolerance. For seven consecutive years, it has been ranked #1 for diversity among major law firms in the Dallas Diversity Task Force (DDTF) annual report. In 2015, it was honored with the DDTF’s 10th anniversary “Frontrunner Award” for its longstanding work advancing the hiring, retention, and promotion of diverse attorneys. The firm’s Dallas, Houston and Miami offices together have twice earned the Minority Corporate Counsel Association’s coveted Thomas L. Sager Award, recognizing a law firm in the South/Southwest region for its outstanding commitment to workplace diversity.