Craig has been named a “California Trailblazer” for his work in Private Equity and M&A by The Recorder. He has also been recognized as a leading lawyer in both M&A and private equity by Chambers USA, with sources noting his “very pragmatic approach to transactions” as well as his ability to “take into account not just legal issues but also business issues.” Craig is “Highly Regarded” for Private Equity and M&A in California by IFLR1000 and has been recognized in Legal 500 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions. He was also named to the Daily Journal’s most recent list of Top Private Equity Lawyers and in 2017, The Recorder named Craig a “Trusted Advisor” for Mergers & Acquisitions.
- Boyd Corporation in its acquisitions of Action Fabricators and Aavid Thermalloy.
- Conversica, a portfolio company of Kennet Partners, Toba Capital and Providence Equity in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of Intelligens and various equity financings.
- Core-Mark Holding Company in various acquisitions including Farner-Bocken Co., Pine State Convenience, Forrest City Grocery Co., Finkle Distributors and J.T. Davenport & Sons.
- CPU Technology, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its sale to The Boeing Company.
- Dell in various growth equity investments.
- Evercore in connection with Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity; the sale of HTC’s smartphone business; and Palo Alto Networks’ acquisition of Demisto.
- Genstar Capital:
- in, together with TA Associates, the acquisition of Orion Advisor Solutions, following the merger of Orion and Brinker Capital.
- as principal selling stockholder, in a $282 million secondary offering of 5.75 million shares of Palomar Holdings, Inc. and in a $220 million secondary offering of 6 million shares of Palomar Holdings, Inc.
- in its acquisitions of Truck-Lite Company (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC), Boyd, Infinite RF Holdings, L-Com, Ohio Transmission Corporation, Pretium Packaging, Power Products Holdings and Tecomet.
- in its sales of Infinite Electronics, Inc., Boyd Corporation, the Global Marine and Mobile Business of Power Products Holdings, Tecomet, Evolution1, Pretium Packaging, LLC, ECM Industries, LLC and of its remaining shares of Palomar Holdings, Inc.
- Getty Images in its “go-private” transaction and its subsequent sale by Hellman & Freidman to The Carlyle Group.
- HCL Technologies Limited and Sumeru Equity Partners in the acquisition of Actian Corporation.
- Infinite Electronics, Inc., a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in is acquisition of Smiths Interconnect’s Microwave Telecoms Business from Smiths Group plc and in the sale of its Kaelus Brands subsidiary.
- Macquarie Capital in its joint venture with Dickey Publishing to acquire Modern Luxury Media.
- Maxim Integrated Products in various acquisitions including Scintera Networks, Mobilygen Corp., Innova Card and the Wireless Central and Secured Transactions business lines of ZILOG and in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- Micron in its acquisition of Tidal Systems, Limited and the sale of Lexar.
- Sequoia Capital in various growth equity investments.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in various acquisitions including Velocity Technology Enterprises (n/k/a Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc.), ForeFlight LLC and Titan Technology Partners Ltd. and in its sales of Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc. and Foreflight, LLC.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- Sumeru Equity Partners in its $100 million acquisition of SocialChorus, Inc.
- Symantec Corp. in various acquisitions including LiveOffice LLC and GuardianEdge Technologies.
- Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc., a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru in its acquisition of Mercury Technology Group, Inc.
- Vonage in various acquisitions including Nexmo, Telesphere Networks Ltd., Vocalocity, Inc., SimpleSignal, Inc. and iCore Networks.
- Yahoo in various acquisitions including Flurry, Inc., MSKYNET, ThumbsUp Labs and Tomfoolery.