Mr. Adas has been recognized as a leading lawyer in both M&A and private equity by Chambers USA, with sources noting his “very pragmatic approach to transactions” as well as his ability to “take into account not just legal issues but also business issues.” He has also been recognized in Legal 500 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions. In 2017, The Recorder named Mr. Adas a “Trusted Advisor” for Mergers & Acquisitions. He was also named to the Daily Journal’s most recent list of Top Private Equity Lawyers.
- Genstar Capital in its sale of Tecomet to Charlesbank Capital.
- Genstar Capital and Infinite RF Holdings, Inc., a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in its acquisition of L-Com, Inc.
- Genstar Capital and Boyd Corporation in the acquisition of Aavid Thermalloy.
- Genstar Capital in its acquisition of Power Products Holdings, LLC.
- Micron in its acquisition of Tidal Systems, Limited.
- Yahoo in various acquisitions including Flurry, Inc., MSKYNET, ThumbsUp Labs and Tomfoolery.
- Vonage in various acquisitions including Nexmo, Telesphere Networks Ltd., Vocalocity, Inc., SimpleSignal, Inc. and iCore Networks.
- Maxim Integrated Products in various acquisitions including Scintera Networks, Mobilygen Corp., Innova Card and the Wireless Central and Secured Transactions business lines of ZILOG.
- Symantec Corp. in various acquisitions including LiveOffice LLC and GuardianEdge Technologies.
- Getty Images in its “go-private” transaction and its subsequent sale by Hellman & Freidman to The Carlyle Group.
- Silver Lake in various acquisitions including Velocity Technology Enterprises, ForeFlight LLC and Titan Technology Partners Ltd.
- Genstar Capital in various leveraged buyouts including:
- Boyd Corporation, a provider of precision-engineered, specialty material-based energy management and environmental sealing solutions, from Snow Phipps Group.
- Pretium Packaging, LLC, a plastics packaging company.
- Tecomet, Inc., a precision contract manufacturer supporting the medical device and aerospace and defense industries, from Charlesbank Capital Partners, LLC.
- CPU Technology, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its sale to The Boeing Company.
- Core-Mark Holding Company, Inc. in various acquisitions including Farner-Bocken Co., Pine State Convenience, Forrest City Grocery Co., Finkle Distributors and J.T. Davenport & Sons.
- Macquarie Capital in its joint venture with Dickey Publishing to acquire Modern Luxury Media.
- Sequoia Capital in various growth equity investments.
- Evercore in connection with Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity.