Mr. Adas has been recognized as a leading lawyer in both M&A and private equity by Chambers USA, with sources noting his “very pragmatic approach to transactions” as well as his ability to “take into account not just legal issues but also business issues.” He has also been recognized in Legal 500 in the field of Mergers & Acquisitions. In 2017, The Recorder named Mr. Adas a “Trusted Advisor” for Mergers & Acquisitions. He was also named to the Daily Journal’s most recent list of Top Private Equity Lawyers.
- Boyd Corporation in its acquisitions of Action Fabricators and Aavid Thermalloy.
- Conversica, a portfolio company of Kennet Partners, Toba Capital and Providence Equity in its acquisition of substantially all the assets of Intelligens and various pricings.
- Core-Mark Holding Company in various acquisitions including Farner-Bocken Co., Pine State Convenience, Forrest City Grocery Co., Finkle Distributors and J.T. Davenport & Sons.
- CPU Technology, a Carlyle portfolio company, in its sale to The Boeing Company.
- Dell in various growth equity investments.
- Evercore in connection with Tesla’s acquisition of SolarCity; the sale of HTC’s smartphone business; and Palo Alto Networks’ acquisition of Demisto.
- Genstar Capital:
- as principal selling stockholder, in a $282 million secondary offering of 5.75 million shares of Palomar Holdings, Inc. and in a $220 million secondary offering of 6 million shares of Palomar Holdings, Inc.
- in its sale of Boyd Corporation to affiliates of Goldman Sachs, the Global Marine and Mobile Business of Power Products Holdings to Brunswick Corporation, Tecomet to Charlesbank Capital and Evolution1 to WEX.
- in its acquisition of Boyd, Infinite RF Holdings, L-Com, Ohio Transmission Corporation, Pretium Packaging, Power Products Holdings and Tecomet.
- in its sale of Pretium Packaging, LLC to Clearlake Capital.
- Getty Images in its “go-private” transaction and its subsequent sale by Hellman & Freidman to The Carlyle Group.
- HCL Technologies Limited and Sumeru Equity Partners in the acquisition of Actian Corporation.
- Infinite Electronics, Inc., a portfolio company of Genstar Capital, in is acquisition of Smiths Interconnect’s Microwave Telecoms Business from Smiths Group plc.
- Macquarie Capital in its joint venture with Dickey Publishing to acquire Modern Luxury Media.
- Maxim Integrated Products in various acquisitions including Scintera Networks, Mobilygen Corp., Innova Card and the Wireless Central and Secured Transactions business lines of ZILOG.
- Micron in its acquisition of Tidal Systems, Limited.
- Sequoia Capital in various growth equity investments.
- Silver Lake in various acquisitions including Velocity Technology Enterprises, ForeFlight LLC and Titan Technology Partners Ltd.
- Silver Lake Sumeru in its sale of Foreflight, LLC to The Boeing Company.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- Symantec Corp. in various acquisitions including LiveOffice LLC and GuardianEdge Technologies.
- Velocity Technology Solutions, Inc., a portfolio company of Silver Lake Sumeru in its acquisition of Mercury Technology Group, Inc.
- Vonage in various acquisitions including Nexmo, Telesphere Networks Ltd., Vocalocity, Inc., SimpleSignal, Inc. and iCore Networks.
- Yahoo in various acquisitions including Flurry, Inc., MSKYNET, ThumbsUp Labs and Tomfoolery.