Jenine has represented multinational corporations, private equity investors and financial institutions before the European Commission, European Court of Justice, Competition and Markets Authority (CMA), national competition authorities, regulators and appeal courts. An accomplished antitrust advocate, she has acted on some of the most complex merger and competition investigations, securing unconditional clearances in Phase 2 investigations before the European Commission and UK competition authorities. A former secondee to the UK telecommunications regulator, she is a trusted adviser on regulation, foreign investment and national security issues.
Jenine is recognised as a “Leading Individual” in competition by Chambers UK, included in the “Hall of Fame” in competition in Legal 500 UK and was listed as one of the leading “Women in Antitrust 2021” by Global Competition Review. She is a member of the City of London Law Society Competition Law Committee. Described by clients in Legal 500 as “a star performer” and a “lawyer of extraordinary versatility – equally at home in a complex Phase 2 merger case as she is in heavy competition litigation”, Jenine is noted for combining “deep technical expertise with wonderful strategic and tactical sense” In Chambers, clients state that Jenine is “our go-to lawyer for complex merger control filings" with another adding, "she always has the bigger picture in mind but can zoom in to the detail when required. There is a reassuring sense that she has considered all the angles in her advice."
Representative experience at Weil and from her previous firm includes:
- Microsoft on its $68.7 billion acquisition of Activision Blizzard, Inc.
- Brookfield Business Partners on its $16 billion acquisition of Nielsen Holdings
- Liberty Global and Telefonica on a joint venture with InfraVia
- Eutelsat on its proposed combination with OneWeb
- Advent on a proposed cash offer for Sobi
- Telefónica SA on the £31 billion merger of O2 and Virgin Media with Liberty Global plc, including the CMA Phase 2 investigation
- A number of CMA investigations under the Competition Act 1998 in relation to alleged excessive and unfair pricing and anti-competitive agreements in the pharmaceutical sector
- An intervenor in Case T-399/16 - CK Telecoms UK Investments v Commission
- The CMA market investigation under the Enterprise Act 2002 into funeral markets
- Inmarsat on its acquisition by Triton Bidco for £2.6 billion, including the public interest intervention investigation under the Enterprise Act 2002
- Tele 2 on the unconditional EU Phase 2 clearance of the merger between Tele2 Netherlands with T-Mobile Netherlands
- A European Commission investigation into cross-border access to pay TV
- EE in obtaining unconditional Phase 2 clearance of the GBP£12.5 billion acquisition by BT Group plc
- EDF on obtaining State aid clearance for Hinkley Point C, including the subsequent appeals
- Imagination Technologies Group PLC on its takeover offer by Canyon Bridge
- Sainsbury's on securing unconditional Phase 1 clearance for the acquisition of Argos
Firm News & Announcements, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Advent International on the Sale of Tag to Dentsu Deal Brief — March 08, 2023
- Twenty-One Partners Named 2022 Top Women in Business Law by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — October 05, 2022