Michael Chenkin is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Mr. Chenkin participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Chenkin has been part of the teams advising:
- Black Knight, Inc. in its acquisition of Optimal Blue LLC, in a transaction that implied an enterprise value of $1.8 billion.
- Brookfield Principal Credit LLC, as administrative agent and collateral agent for the lenders, in the $928 million 363 asset sale of the North American assets of Bumble Bee Foods, LLC.
- H&R Block, Inc. in its $405 million acquisition of Wave Financial Inc.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. (a subsidiary of Univar Inc.) in its $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners.
- NPC International Inc. in its pending $801 million 363 asset sale in a chapter 11 bankruptcy proceeding of substantially all of its assets to Flynn Restaurant Group and Wendy’s International LLC.
- Sanofi in its approximately $13 billion sale of nearly all of its 20.6% stake in Regeneron Pharmaceuticals, Inc. through a registered public offering and related share repurchase by Regeneron.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- Software Luxembourg Holding S.A. in its $1.3 billion merger with and into Churchill Capital Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by the Churchill Capital Group.
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its $1.3 billion acquisition of TRANZACT from Clayton, Dubilier & Rice.
Mr. Chenkin received his J.D. from New York University School of Law, his M.A. from Harvard University and his B.A. from Duke University.