Claudia Lai is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Ms. Lai participates in the representation of public and private companies, private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Ms. Lai has been part of the teams advising:
- ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its $2.5 billion business combination with Fortress Value Acquisition Corp. II, a SPAC sponsored by Fortress Investment Group
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (a portfolio company of Platinum Equity) with an initial enterprise value of approximately $1.55 billion
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its $16.1 billion business combination with United Wholesale Mortgage, LLC (UWM)
- Gores Metropoulos, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Metropoulos & Co., in its $3.4 billion merger with Luminar Technologies, Inc.
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners, Dundon Capital Partners and WestRiver Group) in its $2 billion merger of equals with Callaway Golf Company
- TPG in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., for an enterprise value of approximately $884 million
Prior to joining Weil, Ms. Lai was an associate in the New York and Tokyo offices of another international law firm.
Ms. Lai received her J.D. from the University of Chicago Law School and her B.S., cum laude, from Duke University.