Ms. Marcus has extensive experience with leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions, bridge and mezzanine financing, cash flow and asset-based lending, debtor-in-possession financing and loan restructurings and workouts. Ms. Marcus’ experience extends to such industries as energy (including E&P, midstream and energy service companies), sports franchises, manufacturing, retail, healthcare, business services and consumer products.
Recent Private Equity Finance Representations
- The Sterling Group in senior secured term, revolving and mezzanine facilities to finance the acquisition of Time Manufacturing Company, from O'Flaherty Holdings Limited.
- Centerbridge Partners in secured term and asset-backed revolving facilities to finance in part its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc.
- The Sterling Group in senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Process Equipment, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in $925 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc. and in senior secured multicurrency facilities to finance IPC Systems, Inc.’s acquisition of Etrali Trading Solutions.
- Lindsay Goldberg in a $715 million senior secured credit facility to finance its acquisition of Dealer Tire, LLC.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in $555 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Eco Services.
- Montagu Private Equity in first and second lien, senior secured multicurrency credit facilities to finance its acquisition the healthcare devices and prescription retail business divisions of Rexam PLC in the United States, Germany and France.
- Dexter Axle Company (a portfolio company of The Sterling Group) in more than $600 million of senior term, revolving and mezzanine facilities to finance its acquisitions of Alois Kober GmbH and Quality/Century Holdings Corp.
- Southcross Holdings LP in senior secured credit facilities to finance the investment in Southcross by EIG Global Energy Partners and Tailwater Capital.
- Ennis-Flint Traffic Safety Solutions (at the time, a portfolio company of Brazos Investment Partners) in its $635 million first and second lien credit facilities.
Recent Corporate Borrower Representations
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co.) in $860 million incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its $1.2 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc.; in $1.3 billion incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of ODEON & UCI Cinemas Group Limited; in an amendment and restatement of its senior secured term facility to incrementally increase commitments by $500 million to finance in part its acquisitions of ODEON & UCI Cinemas and Carmike Cinemas, Inc.; and in $675 million incremental term loan and $325 million bridge facility commitments to provide financing related to its $964 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB.
- Chicago Bridge & Iron Company NV in connection with the negotiation of a new $500 million term loan, the amendment and increase of its $800 million revolving credit facility and the amendment of its existing $1 billion term loan and $1.35 billion revolving credit facility, which are all investment grade facilities.
- DXP Enterprises, Inc. in a new $85 million senior secured multicurrency asset-based revolving facility.
- inVentiv Health, Inc. and INC Research Holdings, Inc. in the $3.1 billion refinancing of their existing secured credit facilities in connection with their $4.6 billion merger of equals and the resulting entry of the combined company, n/k/a Syneos Health, Inc., into new $3.1 billion term loan and revolving credit facilities.
- Polychem Corporation in senior secured and mezzanine facilities to finance its acquisition by The Sterling Group.
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $2 billion bridge and $250 million incremental facilities to finance in part its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production, LLC and in an amendment and restatement of its asset-based revolving facility.
- Willis Group Holdings plc in a $400 million and $588 million delayed draw term facility to repay existing third party debt of Towers Watson & Co. in connection with its merger therewith, and to fund its acquisition of the remaining equity interests of Gras Savoye S.A.
Recent Restructuring Representations
- Southeastern Grocers, LLC in its $1.1 billion term, ABL revolving and FILO facilities to finance operations upon its exit from bankruptcy proceedings.
- Fieldwood Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Riverstone) in its $60 million senior secured debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its prepackaged chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings and in $1.8 billion amended and restated first and second lien facilities to finance operations upon its exit from bankruptcy proceedings.
- Breitburn Energy Partners LP in the continuation of its $390 million prepetition revolving facility and its $10 million reserve-based term loan to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Citi, as administrative agent, lead arranger and bookrunner, in $975 million first lien term and revolving exit facilities for Vanguard Natural Gas, LLC (n/k/a Vanguard Natural Resources, Inc.), to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Paragon Offshore PLC in its $85 million secured term exit facility to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Strack & Van Til Super Market, Inc. (a subsidiary of Central Grocers, Inc.) in its $205 million senior secured revolving debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its proposed sale of assets as part of its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Amplify Energy Corp. (f/k/a Memorial Production Partners LP) in an up to $1 billion amended and restated senior secured reserve-based revolving exit facility, with an initial borrowing base of $490 million, to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- CHC Group Ltd (n/k/a CHC Group LLC) in $383 million first and second lien multicurrency exit facilities to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its $164 million senior secured exit facility to exchange its pre-petition term loans for term loans under its amended and restated credit agreement following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- American Gilsonite Company (a portfolio company of Palladium Equity Partners) in a $30 million senior secured debtor-in-possession facility to provide liquidity during its bankruptcy proceedings and in a $30 million secured exit facility to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Vantage Drilling International (f/k/a Offshore Group Investment Limited) in senior secured letter of credit and term facilities to finance its exit from bankruptcy.
Ms. Marcus was named one of D Magazine’s Best Lawyers in Dallas for Banking & Finance 2019 and 2018, named an honoree for the Dallas Business Journal’s 2018 Women in Business awards and named to Dallas Business Journal’s 2017 Dealmakers list. She was also named among the 2016 Women in Energy award honorees by Texas Lawyer. Ms. Marcus has been recognized as a leading lawyer for Banking & Finance in Texas by Chambers USA from 2005 to 2019, where she is described as "one of the great finance lawyers in Texas." (Chambers USA 2019) She is also recognized as a "Highly Regarded" lawyer for Banking in the U.S. by IFLR1000 2019, recommended for Commercial Lending by Legal 500 US 2018 and was named one of Dallas Business Journal’s 40 Under 40 in 2009. She is also a member of the International Women’s Forum—Dallas, The Dallas Assembly and the Dallas Regional Chamber’s Board of Advisors.