Mr. Miachika has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition and sale of Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P. and its sale of Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Angelica Corporation in its $150 million 363 bankruptcy sale of substantially all of its assets as a going concern to an affiliate of KKR & Co.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a subsidiary of Bohai Financial Investment Holding Co., Ltd.) in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company, CraftWorks Restaurants & Breweries, Inc., in CraftWorks’ acquisition of Logan’s Roadhouse
- FirstLight Fiber (a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners) in its acquisition of Maine Fiber Company
- InfraRed Capital Partners in its $396 million sale of a majority stake to Sun Life Financial Inc.
- Irving Place Capital in its sale of Caribbean Financial Group Holdings, L.P.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. and together with Berkshire Partners in their $3.85 billion sale of Husky IMS International Ltd.
- SiriusXM in its acquisition of a minority stake in SoundCloud Ltd.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Sun Life Financial Inc. in its acquisition of a majority stake in Bentall GreenOak
- TPG Global in its agreement with Sixth Street Partners, to become independent, unaffiliated businesses, with TPG retaining a passive minority economic stake in Sixth Street
Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Miachika was a corporate associate at an international law firm. He received his J.D., cum laude, from Fordham University School of Law, where he was Associate Editor of the Fordham Journal of Corporate & Financial Law and competed on the Arbitration Team of the Fordham Dispute Resolution Society, and his B.S., magna cum laude, from The Honors College at Arizona State University.