Harvey Eisenberg is a partner in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Since he began his career in 1985, Mr. Eisenberg's practice has focused on representing alternative asset managers, particularly private equity firms and their portfolio companies. He has been recognized by IFLR1000 as a “highly regarded” lawyer and by International Who's Who as one of the leading lawyers in his field.
Mr. Eisenberg's recent professional experience includes:
- Asset Management M&A/Strategic Transactions: Control and minority investments in asset management firms, public offerings of financial firms, joint ventures, corporate spinouts, and structured secondary transactions, including SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion going private acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC; Apollo Global Management, as a selling shareholder, in the $1.08 billion IPO of Athene Holding Ltd.; Perella Weinberg Partners’ combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.; the IPO of Apollo Global Management; Centricus Partners in its going private acquisition of CIFC; the formation of more than 30 start-ups of alternatives asset firms seeded by JPMorgan Partners; the formation, build-up and sale of Octagon Credit Investors; and the spin-outs of CCMP Capital and the former private equity arm of Bear Stearns from JP Morgan Chase.
- Private Equity Investments: Leveraged buy-outs, going-private transactions, distressed investments, growth investments, PIPES, mezzanine capital, and co-investments. Clients have included Apollo Global Management, Aqualine Capital Partners, CCMP Capital, Centricus Partners LP, Goldman Sachs PIA, Irving Place Capital, JPMorgan Partners, Magnetar Capital, Perella Weinberg Partners, and Softbank. Transactions range in size from the middle market to over $10B.
- Fund Formation: Formation of private equity funds, capital market funds, leveraged co-investment funds, employee securities companies, and joint ventures; and creation of internal carry, compensation, and governance agreements among fund sponsors. Representative past transactions include publicly traded multi-strategy and other private equity, debt, and capital market funds for Apollo Global Management; funds for JPMorgan Partners (including its $8B global fund); and CCMP Capital ($3.5B).
- Regulatory: Advise alternative asset managers on regulatory matters and compliance programs, including the Advisers Act, Bank Holding Company Act, and the Dodd-Frank Wall Street Reform & Consumer Protection Act.
- Counseling: Provide strategic counseling to the senior partners of alternative asset management firms.
Mr. Eisenberg received his JD, with highest honors, in 1985 and a BA in Economics (with significant quantitative analysis) in 1982, both from George Washington University.