Jason Klig is an associate in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Jason participates in the representation of public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Jason has been part of the teams advising:
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- AltC Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its pending $850 million merger with Oklo Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of RealManage, LLC
- Arcade Beauty, a leading global beauty company providing both retail and sampling solutions, in connection with its out-of-court recapitalization
- Brooks Brothers Group, Inc. in its $325 million sale to SPARC Group LLC
- ChargePoint, Inc. in its $295 million acquisition of has-to-be GmbH
- Dermira, Inc. (a subsidiary of Eli Lilly and Company) in its sale of QBREXZA
- Digital Realty Trust, Inc. in definitive agreements with Brookfield Infrastructure Partners L.P. and its institutional partners, Cyxtera Technologies and Digital Core REIT, that successfully resolve the relationships with Cyxtera, including its (i) $459 million sale of four data centers located in California and New Jersey, (ii) $44 million purchase and termination of three of Cyxtera’s leases in Germany and Singapore, (iii) assignment to Brookfield of three leases in Los Angeles and New Jersey and (iv) purchase option to acquire from Brookfield one colocation center outside of London
- Healogics, Inc. in its debt for equity exchange and $240 million common and preferred equity investments by an investor consortium led by Clayton Dubilier & Rice, Partners Group and Northwestern Mutual, and Marathon Asset Management
- Howden Group Holdings Limited (an investee company of General Atlantic, CDPQ and Hg) in its acquisition of TigerRisk Partners, LLC
- Legg Mason, Inc. in its $6.5 billion sale to Franklin Templeton Investments
- Magellan Health, Inc. in its $2.2 billion merger with Centene Corporation
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. in its acquisition of MuniBrokers, LLC
- Micron Technology, Inc. in the sale of its Lehi, UT fab for $900 million in cash
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vantage Elevator Solutions
- Thea Pharma Inc. (a subsidiary of Laboratoires Théa SAS) in its acquisition of a portfolio of seven ophthalmic products from Akorn Pharmaceuticals
- Trebia Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of Trasimene Capital Management and Bridgeport Partners, in its $1.4 billion business combination with System1, LLC
- Wex Health (a subsidiary of Wex Inc.) in its $180 million acquisition of an Ascensus Health & Benefits line of business from Ascensus, LLC
Jason received his J.D. from Georgetown University Law Center and his B.S. from Cornell University.