- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Kinder Morgan in its $76 billion acquisition of all the outstanding equity securities of Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, Kinder Morgan Management and El Paso Pipeline Partners
- DIRECTV in its $67.1 billion sale to AT&T
- Dow in its approximately $40 billion spin-off from DowDuPont Inc. as part of DowDuPont's separation into three independent, publicly traded companies, one each for its agriculture, materials science and specialty products businesses
- Kinder Morgan in its $38 billion acquisition of El Paso Corporation
- DIRECTV in its $28.5 billion stock-for-stock merger with Liberty Entertainment
- Intel Corporation in its $16.7 billion acquisition of Altera Corporation
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group's $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Health Management Associates in its $7.6 billion sale to Community Health Systems
- athenahealth, Inc. in its evaluation of an unsolicited takeover bid by Elliott Management Corporation and its subsequent $5.7 billion sale to Veritas Capital and Evergreen Coast Capital (an affiliate of Elliott Management Corporation) and planned combination with Virence Health
- MGM Resorts International (MGM) in its $4.25 billion sale of the Bellagio to a joint venture MGM formed with Blackstone Real Estate Income Trust and its planned leaseback of the Bellagio
- Belmond Ltd. in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Kinder Morgan Energy Partners, L.P. in its $5 billion acquisition of Copano Energy LLC
- inVentiv Health, Inc. in its $4.6 billion merger with INC Research Holdings, Inc. creating Syneos Health, Inc.
- Lincare Holdings Inc. in its $4.6 billion acquisition by Linde Group
- Media General Inc. in its $4.6 billion sale to Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and inVentiv Health, Inc. (n/k/a Syneos Health, Inc.), in THL’s sale of a 50% interest in inVentiv to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion
- NBC Universal in, together with The Blackstone Group LLC and Bain Capital LLC, its $3.5 billion acquisition of The Weather Channel, LLC
- Special Committee of McMoRan Exploration in the $3.4 billion sale of the company as part of three-way merger with Freeport-McMoRan and Plains Exploration & Production Company – a deal with total transaction value of approximately $20 billion
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as a member of a consortium that also includes BC Partners and Beamer Investment (GIC) and that is the sponsor of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc., in GFL's $2.8 billion merger with Waste Industries, Inc.
- Nexeo Solutions, Inc. in its $2 billion sale to Univar Inc. and its $640 million sale of Nexeo Solutions Plastics to One Rock Capital Partners.
- Fidelity National Financial (FNF) in its redemption of all tracking stock shares of Fidelity National Financial Ventures in exchange for shares of common stock of Cannae Holdings, Inc., following which Cannae became an independent, publicly traded company, and FNF ceased to have a tracking stock structure; and in its $2.9 billion acquisition of Lender Processing Services, Inc. (n/k/a Black Knight, Inc.)
- Verizon Communications in its $1.4 billion acquisition of Terremark Worldwide Inc.
- MGM Resorts International in its $1.175 billion sale of the real property of the Borgata Hotel Casino & Spa in Atlantic City, New Jersey to MGM Growth Properties LLC
- MGM Resorts International in its formation of MGM Growth Properties LLC (MGP) and on the corporate aspects of MGP’s $1.05 billion initial public offering
- Whirlpool Corporation in its $1 billion modified Dutch auction tender offer for its common stock
- Arca Contal in connection with the establishment of a Central and South American beverage bottling joint venture with Ecuador Bottling Company
- American Realty Capital Properties, Inc. in its proposed $9.7 billion offer to acquire Cole Credit Property Trust III, Inc.
- PSAV, Goldman Sachs and Olympus Partners (PSAV’s sponsors) in the sale of PSAV to Blackstone
- Goldman Sachs in its acquisition of PSAV Presentation Services
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTTP) in its acquisitions of Flynn Restaurant Group LP, Plano Molding Company and in Plano’s acquisition of Synergy Outdoor; in its minority investment in CSC ServiceWorks Holdings, Inc.; and in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- Morgan Stanley as financial advisor to EMC Corporation in EMC’s $67 billion sale to Dell, Inc.
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs as financial advisors to XL Group plc in XL Group’s $4.1 billion acquisition of Catlin Group Limited
- A major financial institution as financial advisor to Gentiva Health Services, Inc. in Gentiva's $1.8 billion sale to Kindred Healthcare, Inc.
Mr. Kohli is recognized as a “Rising Star” for M&A in the U.S. by IFLR1000. He was named a 2017 “Rising Star” for M&A by Law360 and named among The M&A Advisor’s 2017 “Emerging Leaders.” He was also named a “Rising Star” for M&A by Super Lawyers 2013-2017. Mr. Kohli previously served on the Corporations Law Committee of the New York City Bar.
Mr. Kohli received his J.D./M.B.A., magna cum laude, from the University at Buffalo, where he was Editor-in-Chief of the Buffalo Law Review.