Benton Lewis is a partner in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is resident in the Firm’s Dallas office. His practice focuses on financing transactions of all types, including acquisition financings, asset-based working capital financings, debtor in possession financings, exit financings and workouts and debt restructurings.
Mr. Lewis was named a 2016 and 2017 “Rising Star” in Banking by Texas Super Lawyers.
During his time at Weil, Mr. Lewis has been a member of teams advising leading private equity sponsors, including Advent International Corporation, Berkshire Partners, Centerbridge Partners, CVC Capital Partners, Genstar Capital Partners, Providence Equity Partners, Summit Partners and Thomas H. Lee Partners.
- Culligan International Company (a portfolio company of Advent International), in $430 million first and second lien term facilities to finance its acquisition of ZIP Industries (Aust.) Pty Limited.
- inVentiv Health, INC Research, and certain of their related companies in the $3.1 billion refinancing of their existing secured credit facilities in connection with their $4.6 billion merger of equals and the resulting combined company's entry into new $3.1 billion term loan and revolving credit facilities
- J.Crew Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners) in an amendment to its existing credit facility and an incremental facility provided by new lenders as part of its recapitalization
- CHC Group Ltd (n/k/a CHC Group LLC) in $383 million first and second lien multicurrency exit facilities to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings
- Advent International in $600 million first and second lien multicurrency facilities to finance its acquisition of Culligan International Company
- Topgolf International, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners), in $275 million senior secured facilities
- Advent International in first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC
- Centerbridge Partners in secured term and asset-based revolving facilities to finance in part its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc. (Canada)
- EQT Infrastructure in first and second lien, senior secured multicurrency facilities to finance its acquisition of WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems, LLC, and its subsidiary, Coinamatic Canada Inc.
- Ceridian HCM Holding, Inc. (a portfolio company investment of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Fidelity National Financial, Inc.), in $832 million standalone multicurrency credit facilities, following the sale of its subsidiary, Comdata Inc.
- Advent International in $376 million first lien credit facility and CAD$140 million second lien term loan to finance its acquisition of RGL Reservoir Management Inc. (Canada) (formerly RGL Reservoir Operations, Ltd.) and in $1.5 billion term and ABL revolving facilities to finance its acquisition of Serta Simmons Bedding LLC
- Connolly Corporation (n/k/a Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.) (a portfolio company of Advent International), in its $1.15 billion first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of iHealth Technologies, Inc.
- Acosta, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners), in a $340 million term loan facility to finance its acquisition of Anderson Daymon Worldwide, LLC
- Providence Equity Partners in $330 million first and second lien credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Learfield Communications, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in $305 million first lien term and $75 million revolving facilities to finance its take-private of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. in financing matters related to its sale to Dalian Wanda Group Co. Ltd. (China).