The Houston office has both a national reputation for excellence in restructuring, and private equity/M&A with a focus on energy – and a significant Texas presence. Our attorneys served as lead counsel on two of the largest chapter 11 bankruptcy cases ever filed, have advised clients in multibillion-dollar deals in oil and gas, and obtained a significant summary judgment victory defeating a non-compete provision in Texas state court.
Awards and Recognition
- Managing Partner of the Houston office Alfredo Pérez recognized for Bankruptcy/Restructuring in 2023 by both Chambers USA and Lawdragon, and named among the “Best of the Best USA” in 2022 by Legal Media Group’s Expert Guides.
- Energy partner Chris Bennett named an “Up and Coming” lawyer for Energy: Oil & Gas by Chambers USA in 2023 and is recognized as a “Texas Rising Star” by Super Lawyers.
- Energy partner Cody Carper recognized for Energy: Oil & Gas in the U.S. by Chambers USA in 2023, as a “Next Generation Partner” for Energy Transactions: Oil And Gas by The Legal 500 2023 and as a “Notable Practitioner” for M&A in the U.S. by IFLR1000 in 2023.
- Energy partner Omar Samji recognized for Energy: Oil & Gas in the U.S. by Chambers USA in 2023, for Renewable/Alternative Power by The Legal 500 in 2023 and as a “Notable Practitioner” for M&A and Project Development in the U.S. by IFLR1000 in 2023.
- Private Equity partner Jeffrey Malonson recognized for Corporate/M&A in Texas by Chambers USA in 2023, for Energy Transactions: Oil & Gas by Legal 500 US in 2023, and for M&A and Capital Markets in the U.S. by IFLR1000 in 2023.
- Restructuring partner Gabe Morgan named an “Outstanding Restructuring Lawyer” by Turnarounds & Workouts in 2020 and an “Emerging Leader” by The M&A Advisor in 2019.