Notable Representations, Key Contacts
Our clients benefit from our:
Fully integrated offering
In addition to providing best-in-class transactional advice, we also provide our private equity clients with market leading expertise across a range of disciplines including the ability to:
- Execute across all financing structures in coordination with our private equity finance team
- Help clients raise funds in time critical situations and efficiently through our fund formation team
- Provide clients tax and executive compensation and employee benefits advice
- In addition, we provide a full service to our private equity clients encompassing restructuring, governance, antitrust, employment, litigation, and intellectual property.
Ability to execute private equity transactions for new types of buyers
Strong partnering skills
Deep bench of private equity lawyers
With more than 200 lawyers worldwide, Weil has a strong and deep bench of lawyers dedicated exclusively to private equity. Having been steeped in the industry from the start of their legal careers, our clients benefit from our sophisticated market knowledge of our team and their ability to provide insight that goes beyond just transactional advice.
- Advent International and Bain Capital, together with Clessidra, in their €2.15 billion acquisition of Istituto Centrale delle Banche Popolari Italiane, and subsequently €1.1 billion acquisition of Setefi Services and Intesa Sanpaolo Card
- Avolon Holdings Limited (a portfolio company of Cinven Partners, CVC Capital Partners and Oak Hill Capital Partners) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd.
- Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in their $1.9 billion sale of Ipreo Holdings LLC to IHS Markit Ltd.
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, Inc., €1 billion acquisition of Senvion SE and sale of A.T.U. Group
- EQT Infrastructure in its acquisition of Direct ChassisLink Inc.
- inVentiv Health, Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Advent International) in its $4.6 billion merger with INC Research Holdings, Inc. creating Syneos Health, Inc.
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc., (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- Lindsay Goldberg and Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC in the $1.625 billion sale of Bluegrass to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners
- PAI Partners in its €1.8 billion sale of its majority stake in Cerba HealthCare to Partners Group and Public Sector Pension Investment Board
- Technology Crossover Ventures in its $1 billion sale of Dollar Shave Club, Inc. and sales of Merkle Group Inc. and Sitecore Corporation A/S
- Advent International and Bain Capital in their acquisition of WorldPay, the global merchant services division of Royal Bank of Scotland
- Avolon Holdings Limited in its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- Blackstone Group and Lion Capital in their acquisition and subsequent sale of the European soft drinks business of Orangina Schwepps
- Montagu Private Equity in its acquisition and subsequent sale of the Healthcare Devices and Prescription Retail business division of Rexam PLC (n/k/a Centor US)
- Advent International and Bain Capital in a dual track process leading to the IPO of Worldpay on the London Stock Exchange
- Grupo ONO in the dual-track process culminating in the €7.2 billion sale of Spanish telecoms company ONO to Vodafone
- Thomas H. Lee Partners and inVentiv Health, Inc. in THL’s sale of a 50% interest in inVentiv to Advent International, valuing inVentiv at $3.8 billion.
- TPG Capital, L.P. and DLJ Merchant Banking Funds in their €3.06 billion sale of an 87.5% share in Grohe Group S.à r.l. to LIXIL Group Corporation
- Advent International Corporation in its approximately $845 million acquisition of an approximately 14% stake in lululemon athletica, inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited
- North Bridge Growth Equity (n/k/a Guidepost Growth Equity) in its minority investment in OutSystems S.A.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its minority investments in Anju Software, GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. and LogicMonitor Inc.
- TCV in its minority investments in Avalara, Inc., NewVoiceMedia Limited, OneSource Virtual, Inc., Vice Media, Inc. and WorldRemit
- TPG Capital Asia, TPG Growth and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in their acquisition of an up to 35% equity stake in Dream Cruises Holding Limited, having an enterprise value based on the transaction of up to $3.7 billion
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
- Advent International Corporation in its take-private of Brammer plc
- American Securities in its $2.5 billion take-private of Air Methods Corporation
- Baring Private Equity Asia in the take-privates of Noah Education Holdings Ltd. and Giant Interactive Group
- Boyu Capital Management Ltd., as a member of a consortium, in the approximately $3.3 billion take-private of WuXi PharmaTech Inc.
- Caisse des dépôts et consignations (CDC), together with Vinci Airports SAS and Predica Prevoyance Dialogue du Credit Agricole S.A. in the €535 million take-private of a 60% stake in Aéroports de Lyon from Agence des participations de l État
- Centerbridge Partners in its $1.2 billion take-private of P.F. Chang’s China Bistro Inc.
- F.A.B. Partners LP in its $333 million take-private of CIFC LLC
- JAB Holding Company, as leader of an investment group, in that group’s $13.9 billion take-private of Keurig Green Mountain, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in a Blackstone-led $6.1 billion take-private of Team Health Holdings, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners, together with WPP Group plc, in the take-private of Chime Communications plc by way of U.K. scheme of arrangement
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Avista Capital Holdings, in its proposed $924 million merger with Envigo International Holdings, Inc.
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its transaction with Verra Mobility Corporation, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion
- Gores Holdings, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its acquisition of Hostess Brands, LLC, a transaction valued at approximately $2.3 billion
- Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, in its business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
- Silver Run Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by Riverstone Holdings, in its $1.7 billion acquisition of a controlling stake in Centennial Resource Production, LLC
Weil advises 8 out of the 10 largest global private equity funds
PEI 300 2019
Band 1 for Private Equity Globally
Chambers Global 2019
Ranked Tier 1 for Private Equity in the U.S., U.K., France, China and Hong Kong
Named Private Equity “Practice Group of the Year”
Law360 2017, 2016, 2014 & 2012
Band 1 for Private Equity – UK
Chambers UK 2019, Legal 500 UK 2018 and IFLR1000 UK 2019
Tier 1 for Private Equity – Hong Kong
Legal 500 Asia Pacific 2019 and IFLR1000 2019
Harvey Eisenberg Named “Private Equity Dealmaker of the Year”
The Deal 2019
Private Equity Client Program and Global Private Equity Watch blog named among the most “Innovative” Business of Law Initiatives of the Year
FT North America Innovative Lawyers Report 2015