Awards and Recognition
- Tier 1 for Private Equity, Investment Funds, Bank Lending, Structured Finance and Securitisation, and Restructuring and Insolvency — IFLR1000 2020
- Band 1 for Private Equity — Chambers UK 2020, Legal 500 UK 2020 and IFLR 1000 UK 2020
- Ranked Top 5 for global private equity for the last 8 years – Bloomberg and Mergermarket industry league tables
- Private Equity Team of the Year — Legal Business Awards 2020
- High Yield Deal of the Year — IFLR Europe Awards 2020
- Private Equity Deal of the Year — IFLR Europe Awards 2020
- Impact Deals of the Year — International Tax Review European Awards 2020
- Loans Deal of the Year — IFLR Europe Awards 2019
- Corporate Tax Team of the Year – Tolley’s Taxation Awards 2019
- Top 3 for Client Service in the UK – Legal 500 2019
- Innovation Award – Lord Mayor’s Dragon Awards 2019
- Top 10 Best Law Firms for Pro Bono – LegalWeek 2019
- European Private Equity Deal of the Year — International Tax Review European Awards 2018
- Highest-Placed Law Firm and Among Top 10 of the UK’s Most Philanthropic Businesses Through Volunteering and Charitable Giving — GivX Awards 2017 – 2019
- Best Charity Partnership – Business Charity Awards 2018
- Best CSR Programme – Legal Business Awards 2018
Corporate Responsibility & Inclusion (CR&I)
In London, Weil has developed an award-winning CR&I initiative which enables partners and employees to use their time and skills to tackle a range of social issues that impact the economic mobility of its clients, people and communities.
Our CR&I strategy is built on four components:
- Pro Bono – All Weil attorneys are expected to perform 50 hours of pro bono work per year, and in London, all pro bono work is counted as billable. In 2019, the London office performed more than 12,000 hours of pro bono at an average of 70 hours per lawyer. We work with a number of Law Centres and advise a range of leading charities, NGOs and social enterprises, with a particular focus on access to justice and social finance.
- Inclusion – For the past 30 years, Weil has been a leader in investing in formal initiatives to empower and engender an inclusive culture. We have a number of network groups, such as the Weil London Multicultural Network, WeilPride (LGBTQ+ association), Social Mobility@Weil and Women@Weil. We also partner with organizations at the forefront of inclusion issues, such as InterLaw, SEO London, Stonewall and Rare Recruitment.
- Community & Environment – All Weil partners and employees are encouraged to spend two days a year volunteering in the community, and we work with Benefacto to enable our people to volunteer at grass-roots community organizations across London. Under our five-year fundraising strategy “Improving Lives and Raising Aspirations,” we are supporting six charities — Dress For Success, Glass Door Homeless Shelter, Power2, School-Home Support, Social Mobility Foundation and Suited & Booted — until November 2023. We’ve committed to raising £500,000 during this time to help these charities expand their work in tackling homelessness, reducing poverty and improving social mobility. On the environmental side, we are a member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance and have achieved Gold Award status at the annual City of London Clean City Awards for a number of years. We have also been awarded the ISO50001 (Energy Management System) certification, an internationally recognized industry standard.
- Wellbeing & Social – To enable our people to perform at their best, everyone at Weil has access to a number of benefits, information and support that endorse our culture, and our social schedule aims to support our cohesive values by offering a broad range of annual activities.