Weil’s London transaction specialist lawyers provide cutting-edge transactional and advisory support across all legal specialisms. The majority of our work in London involves multidisciplinary teams across the specialist fields of competition, corporate governance and compliance, employment, intellectual property, management incentives, pensions, real estate, tax and technology, who play a crucial role in ensuring that transactions, restructurings and disputes reach a successful completion. We advise clients on a broad range of significant contentious and non-contentious matters, including recent landmark cases before the English and European courts. Our team of in-house transaction specialists leverage the expertise of our full-service capabilities, and provide a further distinctive aspect of our comprehensive client offering.
Awards and Recognition
- Tier 1 for Private Equity, Investment Funds, Bank Lending, Structured Finance and Securitisation, and Restructuring and Insolvency — IFLR1000 2018
- Band 1 for Private Equity — Chambers UK 2018, Legal 500 UK 2018 and IFLR 1000 UK 2018
- Only firm in Legal 500 UK 2018 to have both top tier ranked Private Equity and Private Funds practices
- Best CSR Programme — Legal Business Awards 2018
- Best Charity Partnership — Business Charity Awards 2018
- Highest-Placed Law Firm and Among Top 10 of the UK’s Most Philanthropic Businesses Through Volunteering and Charitable Giving — GivX Awards 2018 and 2017
- Asset and Investment Management Team of the Year — Legal Services Awards Europe 2017
- Global Finance Deal of the Year: Insolvency and Restructuring (UK), Insolvency and Restructuring (Africa), Acquisition Finance; and Global M&A Deal of the Year: United States — The American Lawyer 2017
- Pan-European Legal Adviser of the Year — Private Equity Awards 2017
- European Private Equity Tax Deal of the Year; European Financial Services Tax Deal of the Year — International Tax Review’s European Tax Awards 2017
- TrustLaw Innovation Award — Thomson Reuters Foundation 2017
Pro Bono and Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR)
In London, Weil has developed an award-winning CSR programme which encourages partners and employees to donate their time, energy, skills and expertise to pro bono and CSR projects. All lawyers are expected to perform 50 hours a year of pro bono work and all staff have two days a year to volunteer in the community.
Our CSR strategy is built on five pillars:
- Pro Bono – in 2016, the London office devoted more than 10,900 hours to pro bono, an average of 65 hours per lawyer. We advise a range of leading charities, NGOs and social enterprises at the cutting edge of social innovation
- Social Mobility & Education – encouraging our people to actively support young people and schools through work experience schemes, career insight days, mock trials, employability workshops and by taking up school governor roles
- Philanthropy – we support The Sick Children’s Trust as our office charity 2015/17. We are aiming to raise £100,000 and provide 3,571 nights of accommodation for families with a seriously ill child in hospital
- Diversity & Inclusion – we work with leading players in the D&I field such as SEO London and Stonewall to ensure we recruit, retain and progress brilliant people from a cross-section of society
- Sustainability – we are a member of the Legal Sustainability Alliance (LSA) and have achieved Gold Award status at the annual City of London Clean City Awards for a number of years. Read more on the Energy Policy of Weil’s London office here.