Doug Warner is Co-Head of Weil’s global Private Equity practice and is based in New York. He represents private equity sponsors and hedge funds in connection with acquisitions, dispositions and financings. He also has extensive experience in leveraged buyouts and dispositions of both public and private U.S. and European companies as well as minority investments and infrastructure investments.
Doug’s clients include: Blackstone; Canada Pension Plan Investment Board; Centerbridge; Credit Suisse; CVC; EQT; J.C. Flowers; Lee Equity; Oak Hill Capital; OMERS; the Public Sector Pension Investment Board, Snow Phipps Group and TPG.
Mr. Warner is recognized as a leading lawyer for Private Equity: Buyouts by Legal 500 US, where he is described as “easy to work with,” “constructive” and “smart.” Chambers USA consistently recognizes Doug as a leading private equity lawyer, where he is described as being sought after by clients for his “tremendous knowledge of the marketplace and straightforward approach,” and for being “very responsive and proactive” and “a very commercial lawyer with creative solutions to sticky situations.” He was named a 2015 Private Equity “MVP” by Law360.
- Avolon Holdings Limited (at the time a portfolio company of Cinven, CVC Capital and Oak Hill Capital) in its $7.6 billion sale to Bohai Leasing Co., Ltd. and subsequently its $10 billion acquisition of the aircraft leasing business of CIT Group Inc.
- Funds affiliated with Blackstone Tactical Opportunities (an affiliate of The Blackstone Group L.P.) in a strategic investment in The PMI Group, Inc. together with a commitment to provide working capital financing in exchange for warrants and certain other rights
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc., its $1.2 billion acquisition of Senvion SE, its $1.2 billion acquisition of IPC Systems, its $1.1 billion take-private of P.F. Chang’s, its acquisitions of Rock Bottom Restaurants and Gordon Biersch Brewery Group, its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited and its investment in Capmark to fund the acquisition of Bluestem Brands
- CVC, as leader of an investor group, in its $1.05 billion commitment to fund Endurance Specialty Holdings’ bid to acquire Aspen Insurance Holdings, in its acquisition of Cunningham Lindsey and its proposed acquisition of ConvergEx
- EQT Infrastructure in its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. to a group of investors led by Aurora Capital Group and in its acquisitions of WASH Multifamily Laundry Systems from CHS Capital and Direct ChassisLink Inc. from Littlejohn & Co.
- J.C. Flowers & Co., as co-leader of an investment group, in that group's acquisition of CitiFinancial Canada Inc. (n/k/a Fairstone Financial Inc.), in its acquisition of a controlling interest in ELMC Group, LLC and in a Series C financing for Kreditech Holding SSL GmbH
- Kendra Scott Design in its sale of a significant minority stake to Berkshire Partners
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisitions of K-MAC Investors LLC (n/k/a K-MAC Enterprises, Inc.), Papa Murphy's, Captive Resources, Skopos Financial, Cross MediaWorks and Jason Wu, and in its sale of PDR Network, LLC
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisitions of Edgewood Partners Insurance Center, Inc. (EPIC), Southern Air, Ability Resources and Dave & Busters and its $4.2 billion sale of RSC Holdings
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in the approximately $1 billion take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with Document Technologies Inc.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in a PIPE investment in Virtu Financial, Inc. to finance in part Virtu's $1.4 billion acquisition of KCG Holdings, Inc.; as part of a global investor group in the acquisition of ownership stakes in AlixPartners; in a Blackstone-led $6.1 billion take-private of Team Health Holdings, Inc.; in its investments in XPO Logistics, Telesat Canada and Noodles & Company; its equity participation in the $6.3 billion take private of Kinetic Concepts; and its acquisition with Lightyear Capital of AIG Advisor Group Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its equity participation in the $3.8 billion take-private of Laureate Education, its acquisitions of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, Electric Guard Dog, FeraDyne Outdoors, ZeroChaos, WorkForce Logic, Velvet and HCTec, its acquisition and disposition of ArrMaz Chemicals, and its acquisition of Mesa Foods by its portfolio company Teasdale Foods
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in their acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A. and Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, in its business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
Doug was one of the group of partners that founded the Firm’s London office in 1996 and was based in London from 1996 to 2001.
Doug is consistently recognized in private equity by Chambers USA, Chambers Global, Legal 500 US, IFLR1000, Practical Law Company, and Best Lawyers in America.