Stephanie Epstein Srulowitz is a partner in Weil’s U.S. Private Funds practice and is based in New York. Stephanie has worked on a variety of transactions, primarily representing private investment fund sponsors in connection with the formation, structuring and negotiation of their investment funds, as well as providing sophisticated advice regarding carried interest sharing and other economic and governance issues. She has also represented certain institutional investors in connection with their private fund investments, including private equity, real estate and other closed-end funds. In addition, Stephanie advises sponsors in connection with complex secondary transactions, including fund restructurings, continuation funds and purchases of portfolios of fund interests. She advises regularly with respect to co-investment structures and terms for her private equity clients, which include American Securities, Ascribe Capital, Berkshire Partners, CPP Investments, Crow Holdings, Graycliff Partners LP, IFM Management, Lee Equity Partners, Quad Partners, Strattam Capital, TPG, Tritium Partners and WindRose Health Investors.
Stephanie is recognized as a leading lawyer for Fund Formation by Chambers Global and Chambers USA, where clients note “she is strong on substance and has a commercial mindset, she's talented” and “her fund knowledge is encyclopedic and she is an excellent resource.” She is recognized as an expert in Investment Funds by Expert Guides’ “Women in Business Law.” Stephanie is also recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Private Equity Funds in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Private Equity Funds by Legal 500 US. She was shortlisted as “Private Equity Lawyer of the Year” for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards for 2022. Stephanie wasrecognized as a 2018 “Rising Star” for Asset Management by Law360 and the same year named “Best in Investment Funds” by Euromoney Legal Media Group in its inaugural Americas Rising Stars Awards.
Stephanie is actively involved with the Firm’s diversity and pro bono efforts and is Co-Chair of the Firm’s Taskforce on Women’s Engagement and Retention (TOWER).
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Stephanie Srulowitz Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Fund Formation in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Stephanie Srulowitz Named a "Leading" Lawyer for Fund Formation in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers Global
- Stephanie Srulowitz Recognized as a “Highly Regarded” Lawyer for Private Equity Funds in the U.S. Award Brief — IFLR1000
- Stephanie Srulowitz Recognized as an Investment Funds “Expert” Award Brief — Expert Guides’ “Women in Business Law”
- Stephanie Srulowitz Recommended for Private Equity Funds Award Brief — Legal 500 US
- Stephanie Srulowitz Shortlisted for 2022 “Private Equity Lawyer of the Year” Award Brief — Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Women in Business Law Awards
- Stephanie Srulowitz Named “Best in Investment Funds” Award Brief — Euromoney Legal Media Group Americas Rising Stars Awards 2018
Sahar Global Summit’s 3rd Annual Gender Equity in Private Equity Summit
Stephanie Epstein Srulowitz
October 13, 2022 — West Palm Beach, FL — Weil Private Funds partner Stephanie Epstein Srulowitz moderated a panel titled “Mentorship & Stewardship” as part of Sahar Global Summits’ 3rd Annual Gender Equity in Private Equity Summit.
PLI’s Twenty-Third Annual Private Equity Forum
Stephanie Epstein Srulowitz
April 28, 2022 — New York, NY — Weil Private Funds partner Stephanie Epstein Srulowitz spoke on a panel titled “Continuation Funds & GP-Led Secondaries” as part of PLI’s Twenty-Third Annual Private Equity Forum.
Firm News & Announcements
- Twenty-One Partners Named 2022 Top Women in Business Law by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — October 05, 2022
- Twenty Weil Partners Shortlisted for Euromoney's 2022 Americas Women in Business Law Awards Firm Announcement — April 20, 2022
- Seventeen Partners Named 2021 Top Women in Business Law by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — September 16, 2021
- Twenty Partners Named 2020 Top Women in Business Law by Expert Guides Firm Announcement — September 11, 2020
- Nineteen Weil Partners Shortlisted for Euromoney's 2020 Americas Women in Business Law Awards Firm Announcement — July 23, 2020
- Weil Advised CPP Investments in the $11B Take-Private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. Deal Brief — May 03, 2019
- Weil Advised WindRose Health Investors in Formation of $705M Growth Equity Fund Deal Brief — January 08, 2019