Larissa Lucas is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Larissa participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Larissa has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of Acuren
- Amherst Holdings, LLC in the $600 million sale of Amherst Pierpont Securities LLC
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisitions of Allentown, LLC, Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC and Xpress Global Systems, LLC; Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC in its acquisitions of Electrochem Solutions, Inc., Indianhead Plating, Inc. and Pilkington Metal Finishing LLC; and Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. in its acquisition of substantially all of the assets of TMK Manufacturing, Inc.
- Avista Capital Partners and MPI Research, Inc. in the approximately $800 million sale of MPI Research to Charles River Laboratories International, Inc.
- Blackstone in its $130 million acquisition of a minority stake in PayCargo, LLC (a portfolio company of Insight Partners); its acquisitions of Certified Collectibles Group LLC and Sustana Group; and the sale of the US Claims business of DRB Financial Solutions to Further Global, and the related financing transaction of DRB Capital
- Blackstone and Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in their $1.9 billion sale of Ipreo Holdings LLC to IHS Markit Ltd.
- CPP Investments as a member of a consortium led by EQT in that consortium's $2.7 billion acquisition of Waystar, Inc.
- EQT Partners in its strategic investment in United Talent Agency; Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited; and WS Audiology A/S in its acquisition of the assets of My Hearing Centers, LLC
- EQT Private Equity in its acquisition of Billtrust, in a transaction that valued Billtrust at $1.7 billion
- Goldman Sachs in its acquisition of NextCapital Group, Inc.
- Kantar Group (a portfolio company of Bain Capital Private Equity) in its acquisition of Numerator
- Kantar Health, LLC in its $375 million sale by The Kantar Group Limited (a portfolio company of Bain Capital)
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vantage Elevator Solutions
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of KPA Services, LLC
- PSP Investments in connection with the merger of Loral Space & Communications and Telesat Canada to form a new publicly-traded Telesat Corporation and together with Lightyear Capital in their sale of Advisor Group Inc. (f/k/a AIG Advisor Group Inc.)
- Snow Phipps Group (n/k/a TruArc Partners) in its acquisition of DecoPac, Inc.
- TPG Inc. in its pending approximately $2.7 billion acquisition of Angelo, Gordon & Co., L.P.
- WPEngine, Inc. in the $250 million sale of a majority stake to Silver Lake Partners
Larissa received her J.D. from Osgoode Hall Law School, where she graduated in the top 3% of her class and was a senior editor of the Osgoode Hall Law Journal. She also served as a research assistant to Professor Stephanie Ben-Ishai in connection with her work on corporate and commercial law. Larissa received her Honors Business Administration, with distinction, from the Ivey School of Business – Western University.
Firm News & Announcements
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises TPG in its $2.7B Acquisition of Angelo Gordon Deal Brief — May 15, 2023
- Weil Advises EQT Private Equity in its $1.7B Acquisition of Billtrust Deal Brief — September 28, 2022
- Weil Advises Blackstone in its $130M Acquisition of a Minority Stake in PayCargo, LLC Deal Brief — June 15, 2022
- Weil Advised Aterian Investment Partners in its Acquisition of Allentown, LLC Deal Brief — May 11, 2022
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its Acquisition of Sustana Group Deal Brief — December 01, 2021
- Weil Advised Blackstone in its Acquisition of a Majority Stake in Certified Collectibles Group Deal Brief — July 30, 2021