Thomas has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of FullBloom Education
- American Securities in its acquisition and $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC
- American Securities in its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.
- American Securities and Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in their $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG
- American Securities and Emerald Performance Materials LLC in their $300 million sale of CVC Thermoset Specialties
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Apollo Global Management and its portfolio company Parallel Infrastructure LLC in Parallel’s sale to Harmoni Towers (a portfolio company of Palistar Capital)
- Blackstone in its investment in Hotwire Communications
- Blackstone in its pending $1 billion sale of Aqua Finance, Inc.
- Brookfield Asset Management in the acquisition of DWS’ Private Equity Secondaries business
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of Advancing Eyecare
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, in the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business)
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium’s acquisition of a 55% stake in Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business (n/k/a Refinitiv), valued by the transaction at $20 billion
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium's $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.
- Dyal Capital, a division of Blue Owl, in Dyal’s minority investment in HPS Investment Partners and HPS Investment Partner’s strategic partnership with The Guardian Life Insurance Company of America
- Goldman Sachs and Eurazeo in their $624 million sale of a 49% stake in Trader Interactive, LLC to carsales.com Ltd., in a transaction that valued Trader at $1.6 billion
- Goldman Sachs and Eurazeo, in their sale of their remaining 51% stake in Trader Interactive, LLC to carsales.com Ltd. in a transaction that valued Trader at $1.9 billion
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a majority stake in iLendingDIRECT
- kdc/one Development Corporation, Inc. (kdc/one) (a portfolio company of Cornell Capital) in its acquisitions of Benchmark Cosmetic Laboratories, Inc. and Zobele Holding S.p.A. and in the business combination of kdc/one and HCT Group Holdings Limited
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of its equity interest in Aptitude Investment Management LP
- Northleaf Capital in a single asset transaction involving The LaSalle Network Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in its follow-on participation in two funding rounds for Space Exploration Technologies Corp
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
- York Holdings II Ltd and York Holdings III Ltd (owned by consortium CPP Investments, Blackstone, GIC Special Investments and Thomson Reuters) in its $2 billion sale of its minority stake in London Stock Exchange to Microsoft
Thomas received his J.D. from Georgetown University, where he was a Global Law Scholar, and his B.A. from the University of Virginia, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with High Distinction.