Thomas Forman is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Thomas participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Thomas has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition and pending $1.575 billion sale of Henry Company LLC; its sale of a majority stake in Ulterra Drilling Technologies, L.P.; Emerald Kalama Chemical, LLC in its pending $1.1 billion sale to LANXESS AG; and Emerald Performance Materials LLC in its $300 million sale of CVC Thermoset Specialties
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Blackstone in its investment in Hotwire Communications
- CPP Investments in a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, together with Thomson Reuters Corporation, in the $27 billion sale of Refinitiv (f/k/a Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business) and in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium's $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs and Eurazeo in their sale of a 49% stake in Trader Interactive, LLC to carsales.com Ltd., in a transaction that valued Trader at $1.6 billion
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of a majority stake in iLendingDIRECT
- Knowlton Development Corporation (KDC/ONE) (a portfolio company of Cornell Capital) in its acquisitions of Benchmark Cosmetic Laboratories, Inc. and Zobele Holding S.p.A. and in the business combination of KDC/ONE and HCT Group Holdings Limited
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of its equity interest in Aptitude Investment Management LP
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
Thomas received his J.D. from Georgetown University, where he was a Global Law Scholar, and his B.A. from the University of Virginia, where he graduated Phi Beta Kappa with High Distinction.