His practice focuses on advising financial institutions, private equity sponsors and portfolio companies on leveraged financings, including bridges and restructurings. He also acts for a broad range of debt funds, private credit investors and other alternative capital providers, advising them on all forms of senior and subordinated financing products, including direct lending and unitranche transactions.
Tom has worked for extended periods on secondment at Goldman Sachs and HSBC in their leveraged finance teams.
Tom is recognised as a Leading Individual for Banking & Finance by Chambers UK with clients describing him as “very effective” and being “able to influence the process and drive it forward” and one source stating: “He’s one of our absolute go-tos. He has the ability to be constructive, build consensus, and has good common sense and judgement.” Tom is also is listed as a Leading Lawyer for Banking in IFLR1000 UK.
Prior to joining Weil, Tom was a member of the banking team at a leading City firm where he also trained.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- Bain Capital and Advent International on the financing of their acquisition of Concardis
- Hellman & Friedman and Advent International on the financing of their bid for Allegro
- Advent International on the financing of various acquisitions as well as refinancings, recapitalisations and bids including Brammer plc, IPH, Sandvik Processing Systems, Oasis Dental, Parkdean Resorts, Priory Group, Mediq, Logoplaste, Allnex/Nuplex, Ammeraal Beltech, Crompton Greaves Electrical, DFS, Equiniti, KMD, Proserv, Prezzo, Synlab, and Cytec Industries
- Permira and Advent International on the financing of their bid for STADA Arzneimittel
- JC Flowers on the financing of their acquisition of UK General
- Ardian on the financing of its acquisition of Envision Pharma
- Goldman Sachs Principal Investments Area on various financings including Element Materials and Calypso Technologies
- Goldman Sachs and the other arrangers on the financing of PIA’s and Park Square’s acquisition (via a restructuring) of Northgate NGA Human Resources
- Goldman Sachs on the financing for CVC’s acquisition of Sky Bet from Sky plc
- Goldman Sachs and Deutsche Bank high yield and super senior RCF financing for PAI’s acquisition of DomusVi
- Arrangers on the financing of General Atlantic’s acquisition of Argus Media
- Ares Management Limited on the PIK financing for KKR’s Trainline and the take private of Daisy Group plc
- Ares Management Limited on the refinancing by TDR of David Lloyd
- Charterhouse on the financing of its acquisition of Armacell
- Oaktree on the financing of its acquisition of Evac