His practice focuses on advising private equity sponsors and portfolio companies on leveraged financings, including bridges and restructurings. He also acts for a broad range of debt funds and other alternative capital providers, advising them on all forms of senior and subordinated financing products.
Tom has worked for extended periods on secondment at Goldman Sachs and HSBC in their leveraged finance teams.
Tom is recognised as a Leading Individual for Banking & Finance by Chambers UK with clients describing him as “very effective” and being “able to influence the process and drive it forward” and one source stating: “He’s one of our absolute go-tos. He has the ability to be constructive, build consensus, and has good common sense and judgement.” Tom is also listed as a Leading Lawyer for Banking in IFLR1000 UK and was highly commended in the Legal Business Finance awards 2018 for his work advising Advent International on the take private of Brammer plc and subsequent reverse bolt-on acquisition of IPH S.A.
Prior to joining Weil, Tom was a member of the banking team at a leading City firm where he also trained.
Representative experience includes acting for:
- Advent International on the financing of various acquisitions as well as refinancings, recapitalisations and bids including the take privates of Laird PLC and Brammer plc; acquisitions of GE Distributed Power, Circet, IPH, Williams Lea Tag, KMD, Allnex/Nuplex, Ammeraal Beltech and Crompton Greaves Electrical; IPO financings for DFS and Equiniti and bids including Sandvik Processing Systems, Oasis Dental, Parkdean Resorts, Priory Group and Logoplaste
- Bain Capital and Advent International on the financing of their acquisition of Concardis
- Bain Capital on the financing of its bid for Keraben
- Hellman & Friedman and Advent International on the financing of their bid for Allegro
- Permira and Advent International on the financing of their bid for STADA Arzneimittel
- JC Flowers on the financing of their acquisition of UK General
- Ardian on the financing of its acquisition of Envision Pharma
- Goldman Sachs Principal Investments Area on various financings including Element Materials and Calypso Technologies
- PSP on its participation in various financings including Onex’s acquisition of Parkdean Resorts, Leonard Green’s acquisition of CPA Global and Hg Capital’s and ICG’s acquisition of Iris Software
- Ares Management Limited on the PIK financing for KKR’s Trainline and the take private of Daisy Group plc
- Ares Management Limited on TDR’s refinancing of David Lloyd
- Charterhouse on the financing of its acquisition of Armacell
- Oaktree on the financing of its acquisition of Evac