Prior to joining Weil, Trey was the partner in charge of the New York office of another international law firm and a member of its global Corporate Steering Committee.
Trey has been recommended for M&A by Legal 500 US. He was named 2015 “Private Practitioner of the Year” by the Metropolitan Black Bar Association and named among the 2013 “CUP Catalysts: Change Agents” in the area of law by the Council of Urban Professionals.
Trey is Chair of the Corporation Law Committee of the New York City Bar, whose mission is to promote the development of New York laws and jurisprudence governing business entities to make the city an attractive jurisdiction for the formation of new businesses.
Corporate & Private Equity Transactions
- Brightwood Capital in connection with the acquisition of the following companies by financial sponsors
- InHealth MD
- Jenny Craig
- Hojeij Branded Foods
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in Luminex Corporation
- CIIG Merger Corp. in connection with its merger with Arrival Group
- Cognizant Domestic Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of Bolder Healthcare Solutions, LLC
- Cyrus Capital in debt and equity investments in Virgin America
- Cyrus Capital in the sale of its equity interest in CM Finance LLC to an affiliate of Investcorp
- Durational Capital Management, GIC and The Jordan Company in their acquisition of Bojangles’, Inc.
- Farol Capital in the sale of Delphon Industries LLC to Perella Weinberg Partners
- Management team of Organix Recycling in its recapitalization transaction involving Pegasus Capital and A&M Capital
- Management team of Organix Recycling in the pending sale of the business to Denali Water Solutions, a portfolio company of TPG Growth
- Mubadala Development Company in its equity investments in:
- D.E. Master Blenders
- The Carlyle Group, L.P.
- The Raine Group LLC
- The Related Companies
- The Viceroy Hotel Group
- Mubadala Capital in its liquidity transactions involving:
- The Related Companies
- Silver Lake Partners
- Northleaf Capital in its investments in:
- Seapine Investments
- Material Sciences Corporation
- Meridian Waste Corporation
- New York Yankees in their joint venture with ManCity to launch New York City Football Club
- Siemens Corporation in the acquisition of Russelectric
- Siemens Financial Services in its co-investment in the acquisition by Colony Capital sponsored DataBank of data center assets from Zayo Group Holdings
- Siemens Government Technologies in the divestiture of the Dresser-Rand Government Business to Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Solar Capital Ltd. in its acquisitions of:
- Crystal Financial LLC
- Gemino Healthcare
- North Mill Capital LLC
- NEF Holdings LLC
- Kingsbridge Holdings LLC
- Vivial Corporation in connection with its recapitalization by Kennedy Lewis Investment Partners
- Vivial Media LLC (a portfolio company of Blackstone Credit) and its subsidiary mGage in the $215 million sale of mGage to Kaleyra, Inc.
Asset Manager Transactions
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in multiple portfolio companies to Whitehorse Capital Partners
- ICG Strategic Equity in the fund recapitalizations of:
- Acon Partners
- Aretex Capital Partners
- Diamond Castle Partners
- EdgeStone Capital Partners
- The Execu|Search Group
- Monitor Clipper Partners
- PineBridge New European Partners
- Southern Cross Group
- Third Avenue Credit
- VSS Communications
- Quadriga Capital
- ICG Strategic Equity in single asset transactions involving:
- Class Appraisal LLC
- Creative Artists Agency
- Ivanti, Inc.
- Precisely Holdings, LLC (f/k/a Syncsort Incorporated)
- Northleaf Capital in single asset transactions involving:
- Capa International Education Limited Partnership
- Culture Experiences Abroad, Inc.
- SSP Innovation Holdings
- Northleaf Capital in the fund recapitalization of:
- DFW Capital Partners
- Halcyon Capital Management, LLC in the sale of a minority stake to TPG Sixth Street Partners and Dyal Capital Partners
- Octavian Advisors, Octavian Global Partners and their affiliates in the sale of control to TPG Special Situations Partners
- Pharmakon Advisors, an affiliate of Royalty Pharma, in its fund restructuring and initial public offering of BioPharma Credit PLC
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.