Trey is recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Private Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and has been recommended for M&A by Legal 500 US. Trey was identified by Crain’s New York Business in its inaugural class of Notable Diverse Leaders in Law. He was previously named Private Practice Leader of the Year” by the Metropolitan Black Bar Association and named among the CUP Catalysts: Change Agents” in the area of law by the Council of Urban Professionals. Trey actively lectures on various topics relating to private equity matters, including for organizations and publications such as Practicing Law Institute, the New York City Bar Association, Buyouts, Private Equity International and Secondaries Investor.
Corporate & Private Equity Transactions
- Archaea Energy LLC in its acquisition of PEI Power LLC
- Brightwood Capital in connection with the acquisition of the following companies by financial sponsors
- BioVectra, EzShield, InHealth MD, Jenny Craig and Hojeij Branded Foods
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in Luminex Corporation
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company True Food Kitchen in connection with a structured equity investment by HumanCo and MannaTree Partners
- CIIG Merger Corp. in connection with its merger with Arrival Group
- CIIG Merger Corp II in connection with its merger with Zapp Electric Vehicles
- Cognizant Domestic Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of Bolder Healthcare Solutions, LLC
- Cyrus Capital in its investments in Virgin America Airlines
- Cyrus Capital in the sale of its equity interest in CM Finance LLC to an affiliate of Investcorp
- Durational Capital Management, GIC and The Jordan Company in their acquisition of Bojangles’, Inc.
- Farol Capital in the sale of Delphon Industries LLC
- Intermediate Capital Australia Pty Limited in the sale of a controlling interest in American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC
- JPMorgan Chase in connection with its acquisition of The Infatuation, Inc. and its investment in AutoFi.
- Lineage Logistics, LLC in its acquisition of Turvo Inc.
- Management team of Organix Recycling in the sale of the business to Denali Water Solutions
- Mubadala Development Company/Mubadala Capital in its equity investments in:
- D.E. Master Blenders, Silver Lake Partners, The Carlyle Group, L.P., The Raine Group LLC, The Related Companies and The Viceroy Hotel Group
- Northleaf Capital in its investments in:
- Seapine Investments, Material Sciences Corporation and Meridian Waste Corporation
- New York Yankees in its joint venture with ManCity to launch New York City Football Club
- PSP Investments in its take private of Radius Global Infrastructure, Inc.
- Siemens Corporation in the acquisition of Russelectric
- Siemens Financial Services in its co-investment in the acquisition of DataBank
- Siemens Government Technologies in the divestiture of the Dresser-Rand
- Solar Capital Ltd. in its acquisitions of:
- Crystal Financial LLC, Gemino Healthcare, North Mill Capital LLC, NEF Holdings LLC and Kingsbridge Holdings LLC
- Vivial Corporation in the sale of its carve out of mGage Holdings
- Vivial Media Holdings, Inc. in its sale to Thryv Holdings, Inc.
- Warburg Pincus in the formation of Eco Material Technologies Inc. and the business combination of Green Cement Inc. and Boral Resources LLC
Asset Manager Transactions
- Apollo in a single asset transaction sponsored by Alpine Investors
- Enhanced Healthcare Partners in connection a confidential single asset transaction
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in multiple portfolio companies to Whitehorse Capital Partners
- ICG Strategic Equity in the following single and multi-asset secondary transactions:
- Acon Partners, Aretex Capital Partners, Class Appraisal LLC, Creative Artists Agency, Datavant, Diamond Castle Partners, DigiCert, EdgeStone Capital Partners, Gateway Services, Ivanti, Inc. Monitor Clipper Partners, Planet, PineBridge New European Partners, Precisely Holdings Southern Cross Group, The Execu|Search Group. Third Avenue Credit, Quadriga Capital, VSS Communications, Wheels Pro Holdings, and Zips Car Wash
- Northleaf Capital in the following single asset secondary transactions:
- Accurus Aerospace Corporation, Capa International Education Limited Partnership, Culture Experiences Abroad, Inc., DFW Capital Partners, The LaSalle Network Inc., and SSP Innovation Holdings
- Affiliates of Novacap Management Company in its single asset transaction of Syntax Systems
- Halcyon Capital Management, LLC in the sale of a minority stake to TPG Sixth Street Partners and Dyal Capital Partners
- Octavian Advisors, Octavian Global Partners and their affiliates in the sale of control to TPG Special Situations Partners
- Pharmakon Advisors, an affiliate of Royalty Pharma, in its fund restructuring and initial public offering of BioPharma Credit PLC
Trey is also active member of the New York City and State community. Trey serves as Chair of the Corporation Law Committee of the New York City Bar. He also serves as a Board Member and Member of the Executive Committee of the Berkshire Taconic Community Foundation, the Chairman of the Board of The Dance Theatre of Harlem, a Board Member of the National Archives Foundation and a Board Member of The Friends of the High Line.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.