Prior to joining Weil, Trey was the partner in charge of the New York office of another international law firm and a member of its global Corporate Steering Committee.
Trey has been recommended for M&A by Legal 500 US. He was named 2015 “Private Practice Leader of the Year” by the Metropolitan Black Bar Association and named among the 2013 “CUP Catalysts: Change Agents” in the area of law by the Council of Urban Professionals. Trey was recently identified by Crain’s New York Business in its inaugural class of Notable Diverse Leaders in Law 2022.
Trey actively lectures on various topics relating to private equity matters, including for organizations and publications such as PLI, the New York City Bar Association, Buyouts, Private Equity International and Secondaries Investor.
Trey is also active member of the New York City and State community. Trey serves as Chair of the Corporation Law Committee of the New York City Bar, whose mission is to promote the development of New York laws and jurisprudence governing business entities to make the city an attractive jurisdiction for the formation of new businesses. He also serves as the Chairman of the Board of The Dance Theatre of Harlem, a Board Member of The Friends of the HighLine and a member of the Executive Committee of the Taconic Community Foundation.
Corporate & Private Equity Transactions
- Archaea Energy LLC in its acquisition of PEI Power LLC
- Brightwood Capital in connection with the acquisition of the following companies by financial sponsors
- InHealth MD
- Jenny Craig
- Hojeij Branded Foods
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in Luminex Corporation
- CIIG Merger Corp. in connection with its merger with Arrival Group
- Cognizant Domestic Holdings Corporation in its acquisition of Bolder Healthcare Solutions, LLC
- Cyrus Capital in debt and equity investments in Virgin America
- Cyrus Capital in the sale of its equity interest in CM Finance LLC to an affiliate of Investcorp
- Durational Capital Management, GIC and The Jordan Company in their acquisition of Bojangles’, Inc.
- Farol Capital in the sale of Delphon Industries LLC to Perella Weinberg Partners
- Intermediate Capital Australia Pty Limited in the sale of a controlling interest in parent company of American Stock Transfer & Trust Company, LLC to Siris Capital Group LLC
- JPMorgan Chase in connection with its acquisition of The Infatuation, Inc.
- Lineage Logistics, LLC in its acquisition of Turvo Inc.
- Management team of Organix Recycling in its recapitalization transaction involving Pegasus Capital and A&M Capital
- Management team of Organix Recycling in the sale of the business to Denali Water Solutions, a portfolio company of TPG Growth
- Mubadala Development Company/Mubadala Capital in its equity investments in:
- D.E. Master Blenders
- Silver Lake Partners
- The Carlyle Group, L.P.
- The Raine Group LLC
- The Related Companies
- The Viceroy Hotel Group
- Northleaf Capital in its investments in:
- Seapine Investments
- Material Sciences Corporation
- Meridian Waste Corporation
- New York Yankees in their joint venture with ManCity to launch New York City Football Club
- Siemens Corporation in the acquisition of Russelectric
- Siemens Financial Services in its co-investment in the acquisition by Colony Capital sponsored DataBank of data center assets from Zayo Group Holdings
- Siemens Government Technologies in the divestiture of the Dresser-Rand Government Business to Curtiss-Wright Corporation
- Solar Capital Ltd. in its acquisitions of:
- Crystal Financial LLC
- Gemino Healthcare
- North Mill Capital LLC
- NEF Holdings LLC
- Kingsbridge Holdings LLC
- Vivial Corporation in the sale of its subsidiary mGage Holdings to Kaleyra, Inc.
- Vivial Media Holdings, Inc. in its sale to Thryv Holdings, Inc.
- Warburg Pincus, as a co-investor with One Equity Partners, in the formation of Eco Material Technologies Inc. through a business combination with Green Cement Inc. and the acquisition of Boral Resources LLC
Asset Manager Transactions
- Apollo in a single asset transaction sponsored by Alpine Investors
- Enhanced Healthcare Partners in connection a confidential single asset transaction
- Carlyle U.S. Equity Opportunity Fund L.P. in the sale of interests in multiple portfolio companies to Whitehorse Capital Partners
- ICG Strategic Equity in the fund recapitalizations of:
- Acon Partners
- Aretex Capital Partners
- Diamond Castle Partners
- EdgeStone Capital Partners
- Monitor Clipper Partners
- PineBridge New European Partners
- Southern Cross Group
- Third Avenue Credit
- VSS Communications
- Quadriga Capital
- ICG Strategic Equity in single asset transactions involving:
- Class Appraisal LLC
- Creative Artists Agency
- The Execu|Search Group
- Ivanti, Inc.
- Precisely Holdings, LLC (f/k/a Syncsort Incorporated)
- Wheels Pro Holdings, LLC
- Zip Car Wash
- Northleaf Capital in single asset transactions involving:
- Accurus Aerospace Corporation
- Capa International Education Limited Partnership
- Culture Experiences Abroad, Inc
- DFW Capital Partners
- SSP Innovation Holdings
- Affiliates of Novacap Management Company in its single asset transaction of Syntax Systems
- Halcyon Capital Management, LLC in the sale of a minority stake to TPG Sixth Street Partners and Dyal Capital Partners
- Octavian Advisors, Octavian Global Partners and their affiliates in the sale of control to TPG Special Situations Partners
- Pharmakon Advisors, an affiliate of Royalty Pharma, in its fund restructuring and initial public offering of BioPharma Credit PLC
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.