Mr. Colao is widely recognized as a market leader in structuring and negotiating financings. In Chambers USA, clients note that he is a “true expert in leveraged finance” who is “commercial, practical and knows exactly where the market is.”
- American Securities and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Air Methods Corporation, Blue Bird Corporation, Chromaflo Technologies Corporation, CPM Holdings, Inc., FleetPride, Inc., Henry Company LLC, MW Industries, Inc., NAPA Management Services Corporation, NN, Inc. and Royal Adhesives
- Aterian Investment Partners and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Hain Pure Protein, Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC, Stewart Tubular Products, Inc. and Vander-Bend Manufacturing, LLC
- CCMP Capital Advisors and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Jamieson Laboratories, Ltd., Medpace, Inc., Milacron, LLC, Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc., Shoes For Crews LLC and The Hillman Group, Inc.
- Cornell Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Knowlton Development Corporation Inc. and PureStar Linen Group LLC
- Dave & Buster’s, Inc. (a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital Partners) in $800 million senior secured facilities
- Focus Financial Partners, LLC in $1.2 billion senior secured facilities
- Lindsay Goldberg and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Ambulatory Services of America, Inc., Big Ass Solutions, Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC, The Brock Group, Inc. and Remedial Construction Services, L.P.
- Mudrick Capital Management in an $825 million secured term facility for its portfolio company, (n/k/a Thryv)
- Oak Hill Capital Partners and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Edgewood Partners Insurance Center, Inc. and Southern Air Holdings, Inc
- OMERS Private Equity and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Accelerated Rehabilitation Centers, Document Technologies Inc., Epiq Systems, Inc., Inmar, Inc., Golf Town Canada Inc., Great Expressions Dental Centers, Inc., The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc., Paradigm Outcomes, Premise Health, United States Infrastructure Corporation and V.Group Limited
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and its portfolio companies in transactions involving APCO Holdings, Inc., Arterra Wines Canada, Inc., BroadStreet Partners, Inc., Flexera Software LLC, Flynn Restaurant Group, LP, Heartland Dental Care, LLC, PhyMed Management LLC, PhyNet Dermatology LLC and Trivium Packaging
- Snow Phipps Group and its portfolio companies in transactions involving Arr-Maz Custom Chemicals, Inc., Brook and Whittle Holdings, Corp., Cascade Environmental, LLC, DecoPac, Inc., Efficient Collaborative Retail Marketing Company, LLC, Electric Guard Dog, LLC, Familia Foods, Inc., FeraDyne Outdoors, LLC, HCTec Corporation, Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc., Kele, Inc., Teasdale Latin Foods and ZeroChaos, Inc.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in $1.5 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC
- Westinghouse Electric Company, LLC (a portfolio company of Brookfield Business Partners) in a $3 billion amended senior secured term facility to reprice existing indebtedness
Mr. Colao is recognized as a “Market Leader” for Banking in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and as a leading lawyer for Banking & Finance by Chambers USA and Chambers Global. He also has been recognized by Super Lawyers for Banking.
Mr. Colao has also advised in numerous restructurings including Fairway Group Holdings Corporation, The Brock Group, Seventy Seven Energy and Halcón Resources.
Mr. Colao has served on Weil’s Governance Committee, Investment Committee and Professional Relations Committee. He is active in a number of pro bono and community activities, including as general counsel of New Heights Youth.
Before joining Weil, Mr. Colao practiced in the New York office of another global law firm and clerked for Judge Lawrence M. McKenna in the U.S. District Court for the Southern District of New York.