Justina Chen is counsel in Weil’s Banking & Finance practice and is based in Silicon Valley. Justina participates in advising corporate borrowers, leading private equity sponsors, banks and other financial institutions in a variety of financing transactions, including cross-border and domestic acquisition financings, direct and syndicated lending, investment grade lending, middle market and large cap financings and chapter 11 reorganizations and out-of-court restructurings.
Justina has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation and/or its portfolio companies in transactions involving:
- its $6.4 billion acquisition of Maxar Technologies;
- $225 million senior secured credit facilities to finance its acquisition of First Watch Restaurants, Inc.;
- $175 million senior secured facilities for First Watch Restaurants, Inc. to refinance existing indebtedness following its initial public offering; and
- Orveon (a portfolio company of Advent International) in a senior secured revolving facility to finance working capital needs.
- American Securities and/or its portfolio companies in transactions involving:
- its acquisition of NAPA Management Services Corporation; and
- $530 million multicurrency and multitranche first and second lien facilities to finance its acquisition of Chromaflo Technologies Corporation from Arsenal Capital Management and Nordic Capital.
- Ardian in revolving and first and second lien term facilities to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Florida Food Products, Inc. and to refinance existing FFP indebtedness.
- CHC Group Ltd (n/k/a CHC Group LLC), in $383 million first and second lien multicurrency exit facilities to finance operations following its bankruptcy proceedings.
- Flexera Software LLC (a portfolio company of Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in $700 million first and second lien facilities to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Genstar Capital and/or its portfolio companies in transactions involving:
- Arrowhead Engineered Products, Inc. in its acquisition of Bihr;
- senior secured term and revolving credit facilities to finance its acquisition of Truck-Lite Company LLC (n/k/a Clarience Technologies, LLC);
- its acquisition of Marcone Appliance Parts Center, Inc.; and
- together with TA Associates, $1.1 billion first and second lien facilities to finance their acquisitions of Orion Advisor Solutions and Brinker Capital.
- GI Partners in senior secured facilities to finance its acquisition of Vast Broadband.
- OMERS Private Equity, together with Harvest Partners, in $1.3 billion senior secured facilities to finance the take-private acquisition of Epiq Systems, Inc. and its combination with DTI (Document Technologies Inc.) and to refinance existing indebtedness.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in $1.5 billion senior secured facilities to finance in part its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- syncreon Group B.V. in (x) a senior secured term loan credit facility consisting of a $125.5 million first out tranche and a $225 million second out tranche and (y) a $135 million multicurrency senior secured ABL facility, each to finance operations upon its completion of a scheme process in the United Kingdom.
- Thrasio, Inc. (a company in which Advent International Corporation has a substantial minority investment) in $650 million incremental facilities, comprised of a $325 million funded term loan and a $325 million delayed draw term loan facility.
- TPG Global in $465 million senior secured term and revolving facilities and commitments for Accel Entertainment, Inc. in connection with its acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, and to refinance existing indebtedness.
Prior to rejoining Weil in 2019, Justina was an Assistant Vice President and a member of the Leveraged Finance Legal team for a leading global investment management and financial services firm.
Justina received her J.D. from University of Michigan Law School and her B.S. from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Speaking Engagements, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Leveraged Lending Market Update
Andrew J. Colao,
Justina Chen and
February 24, 2022 — Part of Weil’s 2022 Private Equity Webinar Series
- Leveraged Finance Market Update Alert — Banking & Finance — By Andrew J. Colao, Jacqueline Oveissi, Justina Chen and Kaitlin Bond — PDF — February 15, 2023
- Leveraged Finance Market Update Alert — Banking & Finance — By Andrew J. Colao, Jacqueline Oveissi, Justina Chen, Kaitlin Bond and Virginia Gordon — PDF — December 01, 2022
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises Advent International on its $6.4B Acquisition of Dual-Listed Maxar Technologies Deal Brief — December 16, 2022
- Weil Advised Advent International in the Acquisition by AI Beauty Holdings of bareMinerals, BUXOM and Laura Mercier Deal Brief — December 06, 2021