Mr. Machera’s clients include: Aterian Investment Partners; Canada Pension Plan Investment Board; CVC Capital Partners; Goldman Sachs PIA; Oak Hill Capital Partners; Snow Phipps Group and TPG Capital; and he has worked with many other private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies. Prior to joining the Firm, he served as an Associate General Counsel for Goldman Sachs. Mr. Machera started his career at Weil.
Mr. Machera has authored numerous articles and participated in speaking engagements addressing various trends and topics that affect the private equity industry, including an article that appeared in the New York Times DealBook. Mr. Machera is recognized as a “Rising Star” for Private Equity by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US, where he is noted as “up-and-coming.”
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in its acquisition of Edgewood Partners Insurance Center, Inc. (EPIC) and EPIC in its acquisition of Frenkel & Company
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of DecoPac, Inc.
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division, together with Eurazeo, in the $680 million acquisition of Dominion Web Solutions LLC (n/k/a Trader Interactive)
- TPG in connection with the business combination by Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion
- National Surgical Hospitals, Inc. (d/b/a National Surgical Healthcare) (a portfolio company of Irving Place Capital) in its $760 million sale to Surgery Partners, Inc.
- Kendra Scott Design in its sale of a significant minority stake to Berkshire Partners
- Aterian Investment Partners in its acquisition of Stewart Tubular Products, Inc.
- J.Crew Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners) in its $566.5 million private exchange with certain noteholders of its outstanding senior PIK toggle notes for $250 million of newly issued senior secured notes, shares of its 7% non-convertible perpetual preferred stock having an initial liquidation preference of up to $190 million, and shares of its common stock representing up to approximately 15% of its common equity
- Shoes for Crews (a portfolio company of CCMP) in its acquisition of the SureGrip Footwear division of Genesco Inc.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisition of Dave & Busters
- American Securities in its acquisition of Presidio
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of ArrMaz Custom Chemicals, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its take-private of Virtual Radiologic Corporation
- Providence Equity Partners in its take-private of NightHawk Radiology Services
- Providence Equity Partners in its bid to take-private Clear Channel Communications
- Lindsay Goldberg in its minority investment in Duff Capital Advisors
- Providence Equity Partners in its joint venture with NBCUniversal and Fox in connection with the creation of Hulu
- American Securities in its acquisition of Arizona Chemical
- Lee Equity in its take-private of Deb Shops, Inc.
- GE Capital in its minority investment in Bobcat Gas Storage
- Oak Hill Capital in its acquisition of Ability Resources
- GE Capital in its minority investment in Verified Identity Pass
- Univision Communications in its joint venture with Grupo Televisa, which involved a $1.2 billion investment by Grupo Televisa
- CVC in its proposed acquisition of ConvergEx
- DLJ Merchant Bank in its $600 million acquisition of United Site Services
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its real estate equity funds to management
- CCMP in its purchase of a majority interest in Octagon Credit Investors
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its merchant banking private equity funds to management and Reinet Investments
- Man Group in its purchase of interests in the general partner and management company entities of Ore Hill Capital Partners
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its real estate debt funds to Pacific Coast Capital Partners
- Man Group in its sale of 50% of its interests in Pemba Capital Partners
- Ospraie Management in its sale of interests in its general partner and management company entities to Credit Suisse First Boston Private Equity
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its limited partner and general partner interests in R3 Capital Partners to the principals of R3 Capital Partners