Mr. Machera has been recognized by myriad publications. Most recently, Mr. Machera was named among the M&A Advisor’s 2018 Emerging Leaders, and he also has been identified as a “Rising Star” for Private Equity by IFLR1000 and is recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US, where he is noted as “up-and-coming”. He has authored numerous articles and participated in speaking engagements addressing various trends and topics that affect the private equity industry, including an article that appeared in the New York Times DealBook.
Mr. Machera’s relevant experience includes the following representations:
- Goldman Sachs & Co. in (i) its acquisition of Restaurant Technologies, Inc. from Aurora Management Partners, (ii) its acquisition of Trader Interactive from Landmark Media, (iii) its sale of Drayer Physical Therapy Institute to Upstream Rehabilitation, and (iv) its sale of Ipreo Holdings to IHS Markit.
- Cornell Capital in various proposed acquisitions, and its acquisition of PureStar from A&M Capital Partners.
- The Blackstone Group in (i) the sale by Blackstone Capital Partners of Ipreo Holdings to IHS Markit and (ii) the acquisition by Blackstone Tactical Opportunities of Aqua Finance.
- Oak Hill Capital Partners in (i) its acquisition of Dave & Buster’s from Wellspring Capital Management, (ii) its acquisition of EPIC Insurance from The Carlyle Group, (iii) its acquisition of Ability Reinsurance Holdings, and (iv) the acquisition by EPIC Insurance (a portfolio company of Oak Hill Capital) of Frenkel & Company.
- CPPIB in various completed and proposed acquisitions, including in the acquisition by a consortium that also includes Blackstone and GIC, of a majority stake in Thomson Reuters’ Financial & Risk business (n/k/a Refinitiv).
- CVC Capital Partners in various completed and proposed acquisitions, including its sale of Cunningham Lindsey to Sedgwick Claims Management Services (a portfolio company of KKR).
- Aterian Investment Partners in (i) its acquisition of Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc., (ii) its acquisition of Pioneer Metal Finishing, LLC, and (iii) its acquisition of Stewart Tubular Products.
- Snow Phipps Group in (i) its acquisition of Ideal Tridon from American Industrial Partners, (ii) its acquisition of DecoPac, and (iii) its acquisition of Arr-Maz Custom Chemicals.
- TPG in various proposed and completed acquisitions, including (i) the acquisition by a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., a transaction valued at approximately $1.75 billion, and (ii) the refinancing of J.Crew Group, Inc. (a portfolio company of TPG Capital and Leonard Green & Partners).
In addition, Mr. Machera has represented private equity sponsors, their portfolio companies, and companies into which private equity sponsors have invested, with respect to the following transactions:
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. in its acquisition of TruHearing, Inc.
- WPEngine, Inc. in the $250 million sale of a majority stake to Silver Lake Partners.
- Kendra Scott Design in its sale of a significant minority stake to Berkshire Partners.
- National Surgical Hospitals (a portfolio company of Irving Place Capital) in its $760 million sale to Surgery Partners, Inc.
- Shoes for Crews (a portfolio company of CCMP) in its acquisition of the SureGrip Footwear division of Genesco Inc.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Presidio.
- American Securities in its acquisition of Arizona Chemical from Rhone Capital.
- Providence Equity Partners in its take-private of Virtual Radiologic Corporation.
- Providence Equity Partners in its take-private of NightHawk Radiology Services.
- Providence Equity Partners in its joint venture with NBCUniversal and Fox in connection with the creation of Hulu.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its minority investment in Duff Capital Advisors.
- Lee Equity in its take-private of Deb Shops, Inc.
- GE Capital in its minority investment in Bobcat Gas Storage.
- GE Capital in its minority investment in Verified Identity Pass.
- Univision Communications in its joint venture with Grupo Televisa.
- DLJ Merchant Bank in its $600 million acquisition of United Site Services.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its real estate equity funds to management.
- CCMP in its purchase of a majority interest in Octagon Credit Investors.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its merchant banking private equity funds to management and Reinet Investments.
- Man Group in its purchase of interests in the general partner and management company entities of Ore Hill Capital Partners.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its interests in its real estate debt funds to Pacific Coast Capital Partners.
- Man Group in its sale of 50% of its interests in Pemba Capital Partners.
- Ospraie Management in its sale of interests in its general partner and management company entities to Credit Suisse First Boston Private Equity.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings in the sale of its limited partner and general partner interests in R3 Capital Partners to the principals of R3 Capital Partners.