Mr. Krpata was recently named a 2019 Technology Trailblazer by the National Law Journal and 2019 California Trailblazer by The Recorder. He is also ranked in Chambers USA, Legal 500 US, and is recognized as a "Highly Regarded” Lawyer for Mergers & Acquisitions and Private Equity by IFLR1000. In 2011, Mr. Krpata was selected by Investment Dealers' Digest (IDD) for its annual "40 Under 40" list of the top forty up-and-coming professionals in the finance industry.
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Alibaba in various transactions.
- Anvita Health in its sale to Humana.
- Chewy in its sale to PetSmart.
- Concur Technologies in its acquisitions of TRX and GDSX.
- CSL Behring, a subsidiary of CSL Limited, in its acquisition of Calimmune.
- eBay in its $925 million sale of eBay Enterprise to a consortium that includes Sterling Partners, Permira, Longview Asset Management and Innotrac, an e-commerce fulfillment company.
- Getty Images in numerous acquisitions, including its $3.3 billion sale to The Carlyle Group and its recent re-acquisition of control by the Getty family.
- Numonyx Holdings in its $1.27 billion sale to Micron Technology.
- Panasonic Avionics Corporation in various transactions, including its acquisition of ITC Global Holdings from Riverside Partners.
- StatSoft in its sale to Dell.
- Francisco Partners in its investment in Pet Circle.
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Verra Mobility, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.4 billion.
- Gores Holdings, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Gores Group, in its business combination with Hostess Brands, with an initial enterprise value of approximately $2.3 billion.
- Hellman & Friedman in connection with the issuance of approximately $273 million of convertible preferred stock by its portfolio company, Associated Materials Group.
- Oak Hill Capital in various acquisitions and investments.
- Pace Holdings, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of TPG, in its business combination with Playa Hotels & Resorts B.V., having an initial enterprise value of approximately $1.75 billion.
- Public Sector Pension Investment Board in its investment, along with other investors, in Collective Health.
- Sage Automotive Interiors, a portfolio company of The Gores Group, in its sale to Clearlake Capital.
- SoftBank Vision Fund in:
- Its approximately $175 million investment in Pollen, Inc. (d/b/a C2FO)
- Its Series E minority investment in GetYourGuide AG.
- Its $2.25 billion investment in GM Cruise Holdings LLC (Cruise), alongside a $1.1 billion investment in Cruise by General Motors.
- Its $500 million investment in Cambridge Mobile Telematics.
- Its investment in the Advanced Technologies Group of Uber Technologies Inc., together with Toyota Motor Corporation and DENSO Corporation.
- TCV in:
- A $250 million investment in Themis Solutions Inc. (d/b/a Clio) as lead investor, together with JMI Equity.
- A $550 million preferred stock financing for Peloton Interactive as lead investor.
- Its investment in Newsela, Inc.
- A $4 billion preferred stock financing for Bytedance, Ltd., together with SoftBank and KKR among others.
- Its investment in AxiomSL Group, Inc.
- Its investment in Payoneer Inc.
- Investments in Avalara, OneSource Virtual, Silver Peak, TOA Technologies and Venafi.
- TPG Growth in various investments including Reflektive and Calm.com and The Rise Fund’s investment in RefleXion Medical.
- The Gores Group in:
- Its sale of Elo Touch Solutions, Inc. to Crestview Partners.
- Its recapitalization and acquisition of US Farathane Corporation.
- Its acquisition, with management, of Sage Automotive Interiors, Inc. from Azalea Capital, LLC.
- Its investment in and eventual sale of Tiburon, Inc., as well as investments in Cosmo Specialty Fibers.
- United Road Services, a portfolio company of The Gores Group, in its sale to Charlesbank Capital Partners.
- US Farathane Corporation, a portfolio company of The Gores Group, in its acquisition of Tepso Plastics Mex, SA de CV.
Corporate Venture Capital
- Alibaba in various investments, including its investment in PlaceIQ.
- Concur Technologies in multiple investments including buuteeq, Nor1 and Trover.
- Dell in various strategic venture investments.
- Hydra Ventures, the Adidas venture fund, in various investments including Carbon.
- Panasonic Ventures in various strategic investments.