- Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners and General Atlantic) in its acquisitions of TMI Hospitality and of certain assets of ONE Lodging Management, Inc.
- AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines in its $18 billion merger with US Airways Group, Inc.
- Bermudan reinsurer and its private equity sponsor in a $1.1 billion equity private placement
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of General Electric Railcar Services LLC to Wells Fargo and sale of its tank car fleet assets and railcar repair facilities to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- General Electric Company in its acquisition of Lineage Power
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its $8 billion recapitalization by affiliates of Brookfield and Pershing Square, and in its spinoff of The Howard Hughes Corporation and Rouse Properties, Inc.
- Kainos Capital in its sale of Trilliant Food and Nutrition, LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg LLC in its investment in Dealer Tire, LLC; in its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions; as a major shareholder of Aviv REIT, Inc., in Aviv’s $3 billion merger with Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc.; in the $800 million sale of Crane & Co. (d/b/a Crane Currency); and Golden West Packaging Group LLC in its acquisitions of Heritage Solutions, Inc., Capital Corrugated, Inc., PackageOne, Inc., Packaging Innovators Corporation and their co-owned captive sheet feeder, Cal Sheets, LLC
- Private equity sponsor in a $500 million tank terminalling joint venture with a publicly traded Norwegian company
- Private equity sponsor in its acquisition of a controlling stake in a national hotel chain
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Abacus Data Systems, Inc., SignUpGenius, Inc., Pineapple Payments and Blue Star Sports; in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; in Pineapple Payments’ acquisition of Payline Data Services LLC; in Government Brands Holdings, LLC’s acquisitions of nCourt, LLC and Value Payment Systems, LLC; in its acquisition, along with Greater Sum Ventures, of a majority stake in eGovernment Solutions, LLC; and in the sale of a majority stake in Blue Star to Genstar Capital
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Professional Datasolutions, Inc. (PDI); PDI in its acquisitions of DataMax Consulting Corp., LOMOSOFT GmbH, and enterprise resource planning assets from The Pinnacle Corporation; and in its sale of a majority stake in PDI to Genstar Capital
- TargetSolutions Learning, LLC (a subsidiary of RedVector.com, LLC and a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners) in its acquisition of Scenario Learning, LLC
- Tower Three Partners in its take-private of NTS, Inc.
- Woodspring Hotels Holdings LLC (a portfolio company of Lindsay Goldberg) in its $231 million sale of WoodSpring Hotels Franchise Services LLC to Choice Hotels International, Inc. and in its sale of more than 100 company-owned hotel properties to funds affiliated with Brookfield Strategic Real Estate Partners II
Mr. Gail was named among the 2017 “Lawyers on the Rise” award honorees by Texas Lawyer and has been recognized as a “Rising Star” in Texas for corporate M&A by Super Lawyers since 2016. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Gail was the Colet Fellow at St. Paul’s School in London, England. Mr. Gail is active in national politics and served on President Barack Obama’s National Finance Committee during the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. He also serves as a tournament chair for Weil’s “Dodge for a Cause” charity dodgeball tournament held at the American Airlines Center benefitting Vogel Alcove.