David Gail is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Gail advises both public companies and private equity sponsors in a wide variety of transactions, including leveraged buyouts, mergers and acquisitions, strategic investments, restructurings, financings and dispositions. Mr. Gail also has been a member of teams advising clients on general corporate and commercial matters, including securities laws, corporate governance issues and other strategic considerations.
Mr. Gail has played a significant role on the Weil teams advising:
- Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC in its acquisition of TMI Hospitality
- AMR Corporation, the parent company of American Airlines in its $18 billion merger with US Airways Group, Inc.
- Bermudan reinsurer and its private equity sponsor in a $1.1 billion equity private placement
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of General Electric Railcar Services LLC to Wells Fargo and sale of its tank car fleet assets and railcar repair facilities to Marmon Holdings, Inc.
- General Electric Company in its acquisition of Lineage Power
- General Growth Properties, Inc. in its $8 billion recapitalization by affiliates of Brookfield and Pershing Square, and in its spinoff of The Howard Hughes Corporation and Rouse Properties, Inc.
- Kainos Capital in its sale of Trilliant Food and Nutrition, LLC
- Lindsay Goldberg LLC in its investment in Dealer Tire, LLC; as a major shareholder of Aviv REIT, Inc., in Aviv’s $3 billion merger with Omega Healthcare Investors, Inc.; and Golden West Packaging Group LLC in its acquisitions of Heritage Solutions, Inc., Capital Corrugated, Inc., PackageOne, Inc., Packaging Innovators Corporation and their co-owned captive sheet feeder, Cal Sheets, LLC
- Private equity sponsor in a $500 million tank terminalling joint venture with a publicly traded Norwegian company
- Private equity sponsor in its acquisition of a controlling stake in a national hotel chain
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Abacus Data Systems, Inc., SignUpGenius, Inc., Pineapple Payments, and Blue Star Sports; in Blue Star’s subsequent acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; and in the sale of a majority stake in Blue Star to Genstar Capital
- TA Associates in its acquisition of Professional Datasolutions, Inc. (PDI); PDI in its acquisitions of DataMax Consulting Corp., LOMOSOFT GmbH, and enterprise resource planning assets from The Pinnacle Corporation; and in its sale of a majority stake in PDI to Genstar Capital
- TargetSolutions Learning, LLC (a subsidiary of RedVector.com, LLC and a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners) in its acquisition of Scenario Learning, LLC
- Tower Three Partners in its take-private of NTS, Inc.
Mr. Gail was named among the 2017 “Lawyers on the Rise” award honorees by Texas Lawyer and was recognized as a 2016 and 2017 “Rising Star” in Texas for corporate M&A by Super Lawyers. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Gail was the Colet Fellow at St. Paul’s School in London, England. Mr. Gail is active in national politics and served on President Barack Obama’s National Finance Committee during the 2008 and 2012 election cycles. He also serves as a tournament chair for Weil’s “Dodge for a Cause” charity dodgeball tournament held at the American Airlines Center benefitting Vogel Alcove.