Matt’s practice covers both creditor-side and debtor-side mandates across a number of industries and sectors, including mining, energy and resources, manufacturing, agriculture, financial services, retail and education as well as sovereign debt. He also handles stressed, distressed and special situation financings. Matt’s clients include leading international funds and intermediaries and he has worked on a range of complex multi-jurisdictional restructuring transactions.
Before joining Weil, Matt was part of the restructuring practice of another major international law firm.
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of the Galapagos Group, a German industrials business, involving a distressed disposal of the group implemented through an enforcement sale in Luxembourg*
- Advised the global group of bondholders on the restructuring of The Republic of Mozambique’s Eurobonds*
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of the Norske Skog group, a paper manufacturer with global operations*
- Advised an ad hoc group of senior creditors of Noble, a Singapore listed commodities trader, on the group's new financing and debt for equity swap, involving parallel schemes of arrangement in the United Kingdom and Bermuda, and a "light touch" Bermuda provisional liquidation*
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders on the restructuring of Frigoglass, a Greek-listed glass and refrigeration business, involving a new capital injection and debt-for-equity swap implemented through a scheme of arrangement in the U.K.*
- Advised an ad hoc group of bondholders on various aspects of the restructuring and asset disposal program in respect of Norwegian law bonds issued by OSX 3 Leasing BV, a Dutch E&P company with key assets located in Brazil*