Heather Emmel is a partner in Weil’s Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Ms. Emmel primarily represents private equity and corporate clients globally in debt offerings (including high-yield debt, mezzanine debt and investment grade debt), equity offerings and other capital markets transactions in a variety of industries.
- Gores Holdings V, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $525 million initial public offering.
- Gores Holdings IV, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $425 million initial public offering.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Gores Holdings III, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in the $220 million private placement of common shares of Pacific Architects and Engineers, Inc. (PAE) to finance the business combination of Gores Holdings III and PAE.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc., in its $500 million offering of investment grade, senior unsecured notes.
- American Securities in a $500 million offering of senior 144A notes by Air Methods Corporation, to finance in part American Securities' $2.5 billion take-private acquisition of Air Methods.
- GameStop Corporation in its $415 million private senior secured notes exchange offer and related consent solicitation.
- Kronos Acquisition Holdings Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners), as the parent of KIK Custom Products, Inc. in its $390 million senior notes offering to finance in part its acquisition by Centerbridge, and KIK Custom Products, Inc. in $500 million of add-on senior secured notes offerings.
- Blackboard, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners LLC) in its $365 million senior notes offering; in its $378 million offering to exchange second lien senior secured notes for any and all senior notes of an earlier maturity; and in its $250 million offering of second lien 144A notes to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Ad Hoc Holders of 2019 Notes Issued by Cobalt International Energy, in Cobalt's $617 million exchange of convertible senior notes for new second lien senior secured notes and common stock and its $500 million issuance of new first lien senior secured notes.
- PQ Corporation (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in a $625 million senior secured 144A offering in connection with the reorganization and combination of PQ and Eco Group Services Holdings LLC (also a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors).
- OMERS Private Equity in a $405 million offering of senior notes to finance its acquisition of The Kenan Advantage Group, Inc.
- Milacron Holdings Corp. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $286 million initial public offering.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its initial public offering.
- INC Research, LLC (n/k/a Syneos Health, Inc.) (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan) in its $173 million initial public offering, and Avista Capital Partners and Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, as selling shareholders, in aggregate $1.1 billion secondary offerings and buybacks of common shares of INC.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $200 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Eco Services.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $330 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of The Hillman Group
- Centerbridge Partners in a $225 million senior notes offering to finance its substantial minority investment in syncreon Holdings Limited.
- American International Group, Inc. in its $1.4 billion secondary offering of common shares of Springleaf Holdings, Inc. (n/k/a OneMain Holdings, Inc.) (a subsidiary of Fortress Investment Group).
- Milacron (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors), in a $465 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of Mold-Masters Limited.
- CCMP Capital Advisors in a $275 million senior secured notes offering to finance its acquisition of Milacron.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in a $700 million senior notes offering to finance its acquisition of a majority stake in Party City.
- General Growth Properties (n/k/a GGP, Inc.) and its subsidiary, Rouse Properties, Inc., in its spinoff to its shareholders of 100% of the voting stock of Rouse. Rouse Properties, a newly formed REIT that held a portfolio of retail properties previously owned by GGP, became an independent corporation listed on the New York Stock Exchange.
- Berkshire Partners and OMERS Private Equity in a $570 million senior unsecured notes offering to finance the acquisition of Husky Injection Molding Systems (n/k/a Husky IMS International Ltd.).
- General Growth Properties (n/k/a GGP, Inc.) in its historic $2.3 billion equity offering to fund its emergence from bankruptcy, one of the largest equity offerings by a REIT and the only such offering effectively undertaken while the issuer was in chapter 11.
Ms. Emmel is shortlisted in the “Best in Capital Markets: Equity” category for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards for 2020. She is recognized as a “Highly Regarded” lawyer for Capital Markets: Debt, Equity and High-Yield Debt in the U.S. by IFLR1000 and has been recommended for Capital Markets: Debt by Legal 500 US.
Ms. Emmel received her J.D., magna cum laude, from Southern Methodist University Dedman School of Law where she was an articles editor for the Southern Methodist University Law Review, an M.S.T. from San Jose State University, and a B.A. from the University of California - Santa Barbara. Prior to law school, Ms. Emmel was a Certified Public Accountant in the State of California.