Christopher focuses his practice on representing private investment funds and SEC-registered, state registered and exempt advisers. He advises clients in connection with:
- Private fund formation, structuring and fundraising, including the preparation of fund offering documents and other materials;
- Regulatory and compliance matters (including registering advisers with the SEC, developing compliance programs and codes of ethics for investment advisers, assisting with ongoing compliance obligations and advising investment advisers undergoing SEC examinations);
- Reviewing and negotiating separately managed account agreements;
- Reviewing investor communications and marketing materials;
- Drafting operating agreements for investment advisers;
- Preparing regulatory filings (e.g., filings required by the Securities Exchange Act of 1934);
- Negotiating third-party contracts with service providers; and
- Negotiating seed arrangements.
Prior to joining Weil, Christopher was a partner at another international law firm.
Christopher received his J.D. from Albany Law School and his B.S. from Boston College.