Jakub Wronski is a partner in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Jakub advises financial sponsors and public and private companies in domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, minority investments, divestitures and recapitalizations. He also has experience advising portfolio companies of private equity funds on general corporate matters.
- Advent International Corporation, CDIB Capital International Corporation and Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. in their acquisition of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf
- Advent International Corporation in:
- the $3 billion merger of its portfolio companies Clearent LLC and Transaction Services Group Limited to form Xplor Technologies
- its acquisition of a majority stake in AOT Bedding Super Holdings
- its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies
- Connolly LLC’s (n/k/a Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.) acquisition of iHealth Technologies, Inc.
- Culligan International Company’s $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited
- Culligan International Company’s acquisition of OASIS Corporation
- Culligan International Company’s acquisition of TWH Filtration Industries, Inc. including its principal subsidiary Paragon Water Systems Inc.
- Culligan International Company’s sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation
- American Securities LLC in its acquisition of Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in:
- its acquisition of CrossFit, Inc.
- its acquisition of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd.
- its investment in The Portillo Restaurant Group
- its investment in and sale of Farm Boy Inc.
- its sale of Enardo LLC
- its sale of Grocery Outlet, Inc.
- its sale of National Vision Inc.
- its sale of SRS Distribution, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners and Permira Advisers in their sale of a majority stake in Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd., in a transaction that would value Teraco at approximately $3.5 billion
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in:
- the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC
- Bridges' acquisition of Clarion Brands, LLC
- Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- Kantar Health, LLC in its $375 million sale by The Kantar Group Limited (a portfolio company of Bain Capital)
- North Bridge Growth Equity (n/k/a Guidepost Growth Equity) in its acquisition and sale of a minority equity stake in Ingenious Med, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners and PSG, as part of a consortium led by CVC Capital Partners and that also included Ridgemont Equity Partners, in the business combination of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. with Worldwide Express, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in:
- its acquisition of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.
- its acquisition of TimeClock Plus
- its acquisition of a majority stake in n2y, LLC
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Tenstreet, LLC
- its investment in Sweetwater Sound, Inc.
- its sale of the Professional Association of Diving Instructors
- its sale of Vector Solutions
- TCP Software’s acquisition of Aladtec, Inc.
- TimeClock Plus, LLC’s acquisition of Humanity.com Inc. (n/k/a Humanity.com LLC)
- Blackboard Inc.’s sale to Anthology (a portfolio company of Veritas Capital and Leeds Equity Partners)
- PSG in:
- its acquisition of BirdDogHR
- its acquisition of ExakTime Innovations, Inc.
- its acquisition of a majority stake in Singlewire Software, LLC
- its acquisition of a majority stake in VendorSafe Technologies, LLC
- a $100 million investment in Introhive, Inc.
- its minority investment in and subsequent sale of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.
- its sale of its controlling interest in Tribute Technology Holdings, LLC
- Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc.’s acquisition of BackAgent
- Formstack, LLC’s receipt of $425 million in new investments in a transaction led by Silversmith Capital Partners and PSG
- Summit Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Parts Town LLC
- TCV in its minority investment in AppNexus, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $400 million acquisition of Fogo de Chão Churrascaria
Mergers & Acquisitions
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its acquisition via tender offer of all of the stock it did not already own of O'Charley's
- IDI Gazeley (n/k/a IDI Logistics Realty), at the time a part of Brookfield Logistics Properties, in its $302 million sale of its entire Mexican industrial portfolio to FINSA and Walton Street Capital
- Kinder Morgan, Inc., the parent of El Paso Corporation, in El Paso's $7.15 billion sale of EP Energy Corporation
Jakub is actively involved in the Firm’s pro bono efforts, providing advice to a variety of local not-for-profits.
Jakub received his J.D. from Harvard Law School, where he was a Symposium Editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology and a research assistant at the Berkman Centre for Internet and Society. Prior to his legal career, he studied mechanical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where his research focused on multi-objective optimization algorithms with applications in computer-aided design and product development.