Jakub A. Wronski is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Boston. Mr. Wronski participates in the representation of financial sponsors and public and private companies in domestic and cross-border transactions, including mergers, acquisitions, minority investments, divestitures and recapitalizations. He also has experience advising portfolio companies of private equity funds on general corporate matters.
Mr. Wronski has played a significant role on the teams advising:
- Advent International Corporation, CDIB Capital International Corporation and Mirae Asset Global Investments Co., Ltd. in their acquisition of The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf.
- Advent International Corporation in its acquisition of a majority stake in AOT Bedding Super Holdings; its acquisitions of Clearent Corp. and FieldEdge and the simultaneous merger of the two companies; in the acquisition by Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (n/k/a Cotiviti Holdings, Inc.) of iHealth Technologies, Inc.; and Culligan International Company in its $1.1 billion take-private acquisition of AquaVenture Holdings Limited and its acquisitions of TWH Filtration Industries, Inc. including its principal subsidiary Paragon Water Systems Inc. and OASIS Corporation and in its sale of Seven Seas Water Corporation.
- American Securities LLC in its acquisition of Tekni-Plex, Inc.
- Berkshire Partners in its acquisitions of Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd and CrossFit, Inc.; its investment in The Portillo Restaurant Group; its investment in and sale of Farm Boy Inc.; and its sales of Grocery Outlet, Inc., National Vision Inc., SRS Distribution, Inc. and Enardo LLC.
- Charlesbank Capital Partners, together with Robert Long and Blair Ramey of Sanofi’s North American Consumer Healthcare division, in the formation of Bridges Consumer Healthcare LLC and in Bridges' acquisition of the North American rights to ThermaCare® HeatWraps.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in its acquisition via tender offer of all of the stock it did not already own of O'Charley's.
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- IDI Gazeley (n/k/a IDI Logistics Realty), at the time a part of Brookfield Logistics Properties, in its $302 million sale of its entire Mexican industrial portfolio to FINSA and Walton Street Capital.
- Kantar Health, LLC in its $375 million sale by The Kantar Group Limited (a portfolio company of Bain Capital).
- Kinder Morgan, Inc., the parent of El Paso Corporation, in El Paso's $7.15 billion sale of EP Energy Corporation.
- North Bridge Growth Equity (n/k/a Guidepost Growth Equity) in its acquisition and sale of a minority equity stake in Ingenious Med, Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of TimeClock Plus; in its acquisition of a majority stake in n2y, LLC; in its acquisition of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.; and in its sales of Vector Solutions and the Professional Association of Diving Instructors.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its acquisitions of BirdDogHR and ExakTime Innovations, Inc.; in its acquisition of a majority stake in VendorSafe Technologies, LLC; in its minority investment in and subsequent sale of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc.; in Boston Logic Technology Partners, Inc.’s acquisition of BackAgent; and in its sale of its controlling interest in Tribute Technology Holdings, LLC.
- Summit Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Parts Town LLC.
- TCV in its minority investment in AppNexus, Inc.
- Thomas H. Lee Partners in its $400 million acquisition of Fogo de Chão Churrascaria.
Mr. Wronski is actively involved in the Firm’s pro bono efforts, providing advice to a variety of local not-for-profits.
Mr. Wronski received his J.D. from Harvard Law School, where he was a Symposium Editor of the Harvard Journal of Law and Technology and a research assistant at the Berkman Centre for Internet and Society. Prior to his legal career, he studied mechanical engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, where his research focused on multi-objective optimization algorithms with applications in computer-aided design and product development.