Tim Burns is counsel in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Tim participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Tim has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in multiple matters, including in its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC.
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS ConGlobal.
- CPP Investments in multiple matters, including (i) in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium's $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc., (ii) in the merger of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. with Kronos Incorporated in a deal that values the combined company at $22 billion on an enterprise value basis, (iii) in, together as co-investor with Permira and GIC, the acquisition of a majority stake in Lytx, Inc., in a transaction that valued Lytx at more than $2.5 billion and (iv) in its co-investment, with Insight Venture Partners, in Veeam Software.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in (i) its acquisition of TruHearing, Inc. and (ii) its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited.
- Falconhead Capital, LLC and its portfolio company GPSi Holdings, LLC (a/k/a GPS Industries, LLC) in its sale to Ingersoll-Rand plc.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in various confidential transactions.
- Hayfin Capital Management LLP in the up to $300 million sale of Paradigm Spine, LLC.
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its sale of its KIK Personal Care business.
- The Kroger Company in its joint venture with Lindsay Goldberg to form PearlRock Partners.
- OMERS Private Equity in multiple matters, including in (i) its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners, (ii) its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes and (iii) in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in multiple matters, including (i) its sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC., (ii) in its participation in a Series L preferred funding round for Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX) and (iii) BroadStreet Partners, Inc. in recapitalization transactions involving a new equity investment by affiliates of Century Equity Partners and a US$100 million second lien debt and equity investment by affiliates of Penfund Partners.
- PSP Investments in multiple matters, including (i) its investment in Alliant Insurance Services, (ii) in its sale of Advisor Group Inc. (f/k/a AIG Advisor Group Inc.) and (iii) in connection with the merger of Loral Space & Communications and Telesat Canada to form a new publicly-traded Telesat Corporation.
- Reorg Research, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to Warburg Pincus.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Soros Fund Management in its acquisition via a plan of reorganization of Violin Memory, Inc.
Tim received his J.D. from Queen’s University and his B.Comm. from the University of Alberta.