Timothy Burns is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Burns participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Burns has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC.
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS Technologies & Logistics, LLC (d/b/a ITS ConGlobal).
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. in its acquisition of TruHearing, Inc.
- GPSi Holdings, LLC (a/k/a GPS Industries, LLC) (a portfolio company of Falconhead Capital, LLC) in its sale to Ingersoll-Rand plc.
- OMERS Private Equity in multiple matters, including in its acquisition, with management, of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners and in its pending acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in multiple matters, including in the sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC.
- Perella Weinberg Partners in its combination with Tudor, Pickering, Holt & Co.
- Reorg Research, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to Warburg Pincus.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Soros Fund Management in its acquisition via a plan of reorganization of Violin Memory, Inc.
Mr. Burns received his J.D. from Queen’s University and his B.Comm. from the University of Alberta.