Tim Burns is a partner in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Tim advises private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- American Securities in multiple matters, including in its $1.6 billion sale of Royal Adhesives & Sealants, LLC.
- AMP Capital Investors in its acquisition of ITS ConGlobal.
- CPP Investments in multiple matters, including (i) together with Oak Hill Capital Partners in the recapitalization of Berlin Packaging L.L.C.; (ii) as a member of a consortium with Advent International and Permira Advisers, among others, in the consortium's pending approximately $14 billion take-private of McAfee Corporation; (iii) in a consortium that also includes Hellman & Friedman, Blackstone and GIC, in the consortium's $11 billion take-private of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc.; (iv) the merger of The Ultimate Software Group, Inc. with Kronos Incorporated in a deal that values the combined company at $22 billion on an enterprise value basis; (v) together as co-investor with Permira and GIC in the acquisition of a majority stake in Lytx, Inc., in a transaction that valued Lytx at more than $2.5 billion; and (vi) its co-investment, with Insight Venture Partners, in Veeam Software.
- EQT Partners and its portfolio company Sivantos Pte. Ltd. (n/k/a WS Audiology A/S) in (i) its acquisition of TruHearing, Inc. and (ii) its acquisition of Clearwater Clinical Limited.
- Falconhead Capital, LLC and its portfolio company GPSi Holdings, LLC (a/k/a GPS Industries, LLC) in its sale to Ingersoll-Rand plc.
- Goldman Sachs and Eurazeo in their $624 million sale of a 49% stake in Trader Interactive, LLC to carsales.com Ltd., in a transaction that valued Trader at $1.6 billion.
- Goldman Sachs Merchant Banking Division in various confidential transactions.
- Hayfin Capital Management LLP in the up to $300 million sale of Paradigm Spine, LLC.
- iContracts, Inc. (at the time a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to RLDatix Ltd.
- KIK Custom Products, Inc. (a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners) in its sale of its KIK Personal Care business.
- The Kroger Company in its joint venture with Lindsay Goldberg to form PearlRock Partners.
- OMERS Private Equity in multiple matters, including (i) its acquisition of Inmar, Inc. from ABRY Partners; (ii) its acquisition of Paradigm Outcomes; and (iii) its acquisition of TurnPoint Services.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan Board in multiple matters, including (i) its sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC; (ii) its participation in an investment in Space Exploration Technologies Corp. (SpaceX); and (iii) BroadStreet Partners, Inc. in recapitalization transactions involving a new equity investment by affiliates of Century Equity Partners and a $100 million second lien debt and equity investment by affiliates of Penfund Partners.
- PSP Investments in multiple matters, including (i) its investment in Alliant Insurance Services; (ii) its sale of Advisor Group Inc. (f/k/a AIG Advisor Group Inc.); and (iii) in connection with the merger of Loral Space & Communications and Telesat Canada to form a new publicly-traded Telesat Corporation.
- Reorg Research, Inc. (at the time, a portfolio company of Susquehanna Growth Equity) in its sale to Warburg Pincus.
- SoftBank Group Corp. in its $3.3 billion acquisition of Fortress Investment Group LLC.
- Soros Fund Management in its acquisition via a plan of reorganization of Violin Memory, Inc.
Tim received his J.D. from Queen’s University and his B.Comm. from the University of Alberta.