He is consistently recognised as a premier private equity lawyer with a distinguished reputation as the go-to adviser for private equity clients on their complex, high-value and cross-border matters across the deal spectrum, and was recently cited as one of Europe’s top 10 busiest private equity lawyers.
Marco is ranked in Band 1 by Chambers UK 2020, as a ‘Leading Individual’ and in the ‘Hall of Fame’ in Legal 500 UK 2020, and as a ‘Market Leader’ in IFLR1000 UK 2020 for Private Equity. Chambers states that “his celebrated practice is informed by a deep understanding of a vast spectrum of domestic and cross-border transactions” where a client comments that “he combines extraordinary energy and client care with huge experience, technical knowledge and problem-solving skills. If anyone can make a difficult deal happen, Marco is the man." IFLR1000 states that Marco is a “top drawer lawyer who is super-responsive, technically excellent and who delivers for his clients.”
Marco has led his team to win “Private Equity Team of the Year” at the Legal Business Awards and “Corporate Firm of the Year” for Private Equity at the Legal 500 Awards.
- Advent International and Bain Capital on their European payments investments including the: carve out acquisition of WorldPay and subsequent IPO; acquisition of ICBPI, and acquisition by Mercury Holdco of Setefi Processing and ISP Card; and acquisition of Concardis and subsequent merger with NETS
- Advent International on: the acquisition of Transaction Services Group; the sale of KMD along with other selling shareholders; and the acquisition of Williams Lea Tag
- Bain Capital on the acquisition of a stake in Kantar from WPP plc and on the take-private of esure Group plc
- VINCI on the acquisition of Gatwick Airport
- PSP on the: acquisitions of Keter Plastics and Azelis, sale of Sky Aviation Leasing; and on its consortium acquisition of Nestlé Skin Healthcare
- OMERS Private Equity on the: acquisition and sales of V.Group and Civica; and on the acquisition of Alexander Mann Solutions
- Providence Equity Partners on the: take-private of Chime Communications; acquisitions of CloserStill Media, TES Global Group and Ambassador Theatre Group; and on the sale of Clarion Events and Study Group UK
- Selling shareholders on the sale of ONO to Vodafone
- Access Industries, Alfa and Renova Consortium on the sale of a 50% stake in TNK-BP International to Rosneft Oil Company