Mr. Meyer has worked with domestic and international clients across a broad range of industries, including semiconductors, software and technology, pharmaceuticals, medical devices, oil and gas, chemicals, and consumer goods and retail.
During Law School, Mr. Meyer worked as a law school intern at the Federal Trade Commission in the Bureau of Competition’s Health Care Division, where he assisted on active litigation and investigations related to alleged pay-for-delay agreements in the pharmaceutical industry.
Mr. Meyer has been involved in a variety of pro bono matters, including working with the Legal Aid Society to assist families facing eviction in landlord/tenant disputes, as well as assisting in matters with the Innocence Project.
Mr. Meyer received his J.D. from the University of California, Davis School of Law, where he was involved in moot court and won the award for top oral advocate. He received his B.A. in economics and psychology from Northwestern University. Mr. Meyer is a member of the American Bar Association’s Section of Antitrust Law.
- Represented Blackstone Capital Partners and its portfolio company, PSAV, a global AV and event technology services provider, in its acquisition of Encore Event Technologies. Weil obtained unconditional clearance from the FTC.
- Represented Bridgestone Americas in securing antitrust clearance from the FTC for its joint venture with Goodyear to form a national tire distributor.
- Represented Bluegrass Materials Company and its controlling shareholder, private equity firm Lindsay Goldberg, in its $1.625 billion sale to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc. Following an in-depth review of the deal, the U.S. Department of Justice granted clearance after the parties agreed to a consent order that resolved the DOJ’s competition concerns.
- Represented Dex Media, Inc. in its acquisition of YP Holdings, a leading marketing solutions and search platform provider and publisher of the Real Yellow Pages® and YP.com.
- Represented The Sherwin-Williams Company in its $11.3 billion acquisition of The Valspar Corporation, a leading manufacturer of paint and coatings.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories, a global, broad-based health care company, in its acquisition of Alere Inc., a global leader in point of care diagnostics, in a deal valued at approximately $5.3 billion, successfully securing clearance from the FTC.
- Represented Kinder Morgan in securing antitrust clearance for its sale of a 50% interest in its Southern Natural Gas pipeline to Southern Company for approximately $1.47 billion.
- Represented JAB Holdings, a privately held investment group with various investments in coffee and other consumer goods companies, in its $13.9 billion buyout of Keurig Green Mountain, securing clearance from the FTC without the issuance of a Second Request.
- Represented Progressive Waste Solutions Ltd., a provider of non-hazardous solid waste collection and landfill disposal services for commercial, industrial and residential customers in the United States and Canada, in its $2.67 billion merger with Waste Connections, Inc., a provider of solid waste collection, transfer, disposal, and recycling services in secondary markets of the western United States. Antitrust clearance was obtained without issuance of a Second Request
- Represented Iron Mountain in its $2.6 billion acquisition of Recall Holdings, successfully securing regulatory approval from the U.S. Department of Justice.
- Represented Abbott Laboratories in its $225 million acquisition of Tendyne Holdings Inc., a clinical stage medical device company. Antitrust clearance was obtained without issuance of a Second Request.
- Represented The Sherwin-Williams Company in its acquisition of the U.S. business of Comex, a paint manufacturer headquartered in Mexico with a significant presence in the U.S. and Canada.