James Pierre-Louis is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. James participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
James has been part of the teams advising:
- American Securities in its acquisition of LaserShip, Inc.
- Apollo in a single asset transaction sponsored by Alpine Investors involving Ingenio LLC for $340 million of additional equity capital as part of a broader $462 million single asset secondary market transaction to fund future growth for Ingenio
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aterian Investment Partners in the acquisition by its portfolio company Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- Blackstone in the sale of the U.S. Claims business of DRB Financial Solutions to Further Global, and the related financing transaction of DRB Capital
- CBAM in the sale of a portfolio of its assets to The Carlyle Group, in a transaction valued at approximately $800 million
- Centerbridge Partners in its sale of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc. and True Food Kitchen in True Foods’ receipt of a minority investment by Ms. Oprah Winfrey
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar and the acquisition by INW Manufacturing LLC of Capstone Nutrition
- FirstLight Fiber (a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners) in its acquisition of Maine Fiber Company
- General Atlantic in its sale of MeteoGroup Limited
- GHK Capital Partners in its sale of a substantial interest in Brown & Settle, Inc.
- ICG Strategic Equity, together with Clearlake Capital and TA Associates, in a single asset transaction sponsored by Clearlake Capital involving Precisely Holdings, LLC (f/k/a Syncsort Incorporated)
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc. (n/k/a Agiliti, Inc.), having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- Lee Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in Unlimited Technology, Inc. and, together with Twin Point Capital, in the acquisition of Alliance Corporation
- Mudrick Capital Management and its portfolio company Thryv Holdings, Inc. in Thryv’s $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services and Oxford Properties Group, as an investor, in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP) in the sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC; and OTPP and TA Associates in the sale of a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC to Thoma Bravo, with OTPP and TA retaining minority stakes
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan, together with Wind Point Partners and Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America, in the acquisition of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- TCV in its acquisition of a minority stake in Sojern Inc.
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
James received his J.D. from New York Law School and his B.S. from Elon University.