James Pierre-Louis is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. James participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
James has been part of the teams advising:
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aterian Investment Partners, in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- The Blackstone Group in the sale of the US Claims business of DRB Financial Solutions to Further Global, and the related financing transaction of DRB Capital
- Centerbridge Partners in its sale of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar
- FirstLight Fiber (a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners) in its acquisition of Maine Fiber Company
- General Atlantic in its sale of MeteoGroup Limited
- GHK Capital Partners in its sale of a substantial interest in Brown & Settle, Inc.
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- Mudrick Capital Management and its portfolio company Thryv Holdings, Inc. in Thryv’s $200 million acquisition of Sensis Pty Ltd.
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP) in the sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC; and OTPP and TA Associates in the sale of a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC to Thoma Bravo, with OTPP and TA retaining minority stakes
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in, together with Wind Point Partners and Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America, the acquisition of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services and Oxford Properties Group as an investor in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- TCV in its acquisition of a minority stake in Sojern Inc.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company, True Food Kitchen, in True Foods' receipt of a minority investment by Ms. Oprah Winfrey
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Pace Group, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
James received his J.D. from New York Law School and his B.S. from Elon University.