James Pierre-Louis is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Mr. Pierre-Louis participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Pierre-Louis has been part of the teams advising:
- Apollo Infrastructure in its acquisition of Lendlease (US) Telecom Holdings LLC (n/k/a Parallel Infrastructure)
- Aterian Investment Partners, in the acquisition by its portfolio company, Vander-Bend Manufacturing, Inc. of J.L. Haley Enterprises, Inc.
- The Blackstone Group in the sale of the US Claims business of DRB Financial Solutions to Further Global, and the related financing transaction of DRB Capital
- Centerbridge Partners in its sale of P.F. Chang's China Bistro, Inc.
- Cornell Capital in its acquisition of PureStar
- FirstLight Fiber (a portfolio company of Antin Infrastructure Partners) in its acquisition of Maine Fiber Company
- General Atlantic in its sale of MeteoGroup Limited
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. (f/k/a Universal Hospital Services, Inc.) in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC), a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan (OTPP) in the sale of a substantial minority stake in its portfolio company, Flexera Software LLC; and OTPP and TA Associates in the sale of a majority stake in Flexera Software LLC to Thoma Bravo, with OTPP and TA retaining minority stakes
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan in, together with Wind Point Partners and Teachers Insurance and Annuity Association of America, the acquisition of Aurora Plastics Group, Inc.
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of NTI Connect and Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- OMERS Private Equity in its acquisition of TurnPoint Services and Oxford Properties Group as an investor in the $1.6 billion capital raise for Lineage Logistics
- TCV in its acquisition of a minority stake in Sojern Inc.
- The NORDAM Group, Inc. in its receipt of a minority investment from The Carlyle Group to finance in part NORDAM’s exit from chapter 11 bankruptcy proceedings
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company, True Food Kitchen, in True Foods' receipt of a minority investment by Ms. Oprah Winfrey
- TPG Global in the acquisition by TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, of the stock of Accel Entertainment, Inc., with the resulting entity having an initial enterprise value of approximately $884 million
Mr. Pierre-Louis received his J.D. from New York Law School and his B.S. from Elon University.