Niko Lane is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in Dallas. Niko participates in the representation of public and private companies, and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Niko has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisitions of ZingFit LLC and Mariana Tek Corporation and Transaction Services Group Limited in its acquisitions of TrueCoach, Inc., BrandBot LLC and Triib, Inc.
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- Chisholm Oil and Gas Operating LLC in the $480 million exchange of debt for equity, as part of a plan of reorganization under chapter 11
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc. and its $950 million sale to Olam Food Ingredients (a subsidiary of Olam International Limited)
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in 365 Retail Markets, LLC
- Providence Strategic Growth in its acquisition, together with Blue Star Innovation Partners, of PatientNOW and ThreatConnect, Inc. in its acquisition of Nehemiah Security LLP
Niko received his J.D., with honors, from The University of Texas School of Law and his B.S., summa cum laude, from Texas A&M University.