Niko Lane is an associate in Weil’s Corporate Department and is based in Dallas. Mr. Lane participates in the representation of public and private companies, and private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
Mr. Lane has been part of the teams advising:
- Advent International in its acquisitions of ZingFit LLC and Mariana Tek Corporation
- Basic Energy Services, Inc. in its acquisition of C&J Well Services, in a transaction funded in large part by senior secured notes contributed by Ascribe Capital in exchange for a majority stake in Basic Energy
- Main Event Entertainment, Inc., a subsidiary of Ardent Leisure Group Limited, in Ardent's sale of a 24.2% stake in Main Event to RedBird Capital Partners together with an option for Redbird to acquire a controlling stake within a defined period
- Olde Thompson LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Gel Spice Company Inc.
- Providence Equity Partners in its acquisition of a majority stake in 365 Retail Markets, LLC
- Providence Strategic Growth in its acquisition, together with Blue Star Innovation Partners, of PatientNOW
- ThreatConnect, Inc. (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners) in its acquisition of Nehemiah Security LLP
- Transaction Services Group Limited (a portfolio company of Advent International) in its acquisitions of TrueCoach, Inc., BrandBot LLC and Triib, Inc.
Mr. Lane received his J.D., with honors, from The University of Texas School of Law and his B.S., summa cum laude, from Texas A&M University.