Ashley Butler is an associate in Weil's Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Ms. Butler advises issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in public and private issuances of securities and other capital markets transactions. Her work includes initial public offerings, secondary and follow-on equity offerings and investment grade and high yield debt offerings. Ms. Butler is also involved in advising companies with respect to SEC filing and reporting obligations, corporate governance and other corporate matters.
Recently, she has participated on Weil deal teams representing:
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $531 million initial public offering and concurrent $100 million private placement of shares of common stock
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (a publicly traded company backed by affiliates of Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. (THL) and Cannae Holdings, LLC) as selling shareholders, THL and Cannae, in a $531 million underwritten secondary offering via block trade of 10 million shares of Ceridian common stock.
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (an indirect partially owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and a portfolio company investment of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $507 million initial public offering and in a $222 million secondary offering and block trade of common stock
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as representatives of the underwriters in the $260 million initial public offering of Camping World Holdings, Inc. and in approximately $564 million of follow-on offerings of common stock of the company
- TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the energy, or energy-related, industries, in its $650 million initial public offering
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the technology, media or business services industries, in its $450 million initial public offering
- Advent International and Goldman Sachs as selling stockholders in a $1.2 billion secondary offering of common shares of TransUnion
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $1 billion senior notes offering, $303 million common stock offering and $350 million mandatory convertible preferred stock offering to finance its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production and in its $670 million common stock offering to finance its acquisition of Panther Energy Company II, LLC and CP2 Operating LLC
- Designated underwriters’ counsel in over $24 billion of investment grade notes offerings for Microsoft Corporation
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in high grade commitment letters
Ms. Butler maintains an active pro bono practice, and currently assists a nonprofit organization in corporate matters.
Ms. Butler received her J.D. cum laude from University of Michigan Law School, where she edited the Michigan Law Review. She received her B.A. from Brown University.