Ashley Butler is an associate in Weil's Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Ashley advises issuers, private equity sponsors and underwriters in public and private issuances of securities and other capital markets transactions. Her work includes initial public offerings, secondary and follow-on equity offerings and investment grade and high yield debt offerings. Ashley is also involved in advising companies with respect to SEC filing and reporting obligations, corporate governance and other corporate matters.
Recently, Ashley has participated on Weil deal teams representing:
- Citi, as representative of the underwriters, in a $2 billion offering of senior unsecured notes by Occidental Petroleum Corporation (OXY), and OXY's simultaneous $2 billion tender offer for, and consent solicitations relating to, certain outstanding fixed and floating rate notes of multiple series
- Iron Mountain Incorporated in its $2.4 billion private placement of senior unsecured notes to repay existing indebtedness
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $531 million initial public offering and concurrent $100 million private placement of shares of common stock
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (a publicly traded company backed by affiliates of Thomas H. Lee Partners, L.P. (THL) and Cannae Holdings, LLC) as selling shareholders, THL and Cannae, in a $531 million Rule 144A sale of 10 million shares of Ceridian common stock.
- Black Knight Financial Services, Inc. (an indirect partially owned subsidiary of Fidelity National Financial, Inc. and a portfolio company investment of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $507 million initial public offering and in a $222 million secondary offering and block trade of common stock
- Goldman Sachs and JP Morgan as representatives of the underwriters in the $260 million initial public offering of Camping World Holdings, Inc. and in approximately $564 million of follow-on offerings of common stock of the company
- TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the energy, or energy-related, industries, in its $650 million initial public offering
- Morgan Stanley and the other managers in a $500 million Rule 144A private offering of senior unsecured notes by Great-West Lifeco Inc. to finance in part the $1 billion acquisition of Personal Capital Corporation by its subsidiary, Empower Retirement LLC
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the technology, media or business services industries, in its $450 million initial public offering
- Advent International and Goldman Sachs as selling stockholders in a $1.2 billion secondary offering of common shares of TransUnion
- WPX Energy, Inc. in its $1 billion senior notes offering, $303 million common stock offering and $350 million mandatory convertible preferred stock offering to finance its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production and in its $670 million common stock offering to finance its acquisition of Panther Energy Company II, LLC and CP2 Operating LLC
- Designated underwriters’ counsel in over $24 billion of investment grade notes offerings for Microsoft Corporation
- Morgan Stanley and Goldman Sachs in high grade commitment letters
Ashley maintains an active pro bono practice, and currently assists a nonprofit organization in corporate matters.
Ashley received her J.D. cum laude from University of Michigan Law School, where she edited the Michigan Law Review. She received her B.A. from Brown University.