Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- Leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions
- Investment grade lending and acquisition finance
- Syndicated lending
- Cash flow lending
- Asset-based lending
- Loan restructurings
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Exit financings
We work in tandem with lawyers from our global M&A and Private Equity practices to advise clients on all facets of acquisition and other event-driven financings. We also work closely with our preeminent bankruptcy & restructuring practice on debt restructurings and debtor-in-possession and exit financings, as well as to analyze insolvency and collateral risks on new money transactions.
Private Equity Finance
Weil's leveraged finance team routinely represents lenders, underwriters, issuers and borrowers on their most sophisticated, complex leveraged loans and high yield bond offerings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co.) in $860 million incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its $1.1 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc. which created the largest chain of movie theatres in the United States and the world.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co.) in $1.3 billion incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its approximately $1.2 billion acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited, the owner and operator of multiplex cinemas in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal and Spain.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co.) in an amendment and restatement of its senior secured term facility to incrementally increase commitments by $500 million to finance in part its approximately £921 million acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited, and its $1.2 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co.) in $675 million incremental term loan and $325 million bridge facility commitments to provide financing related to its $964 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB.
Focus Financial Partners, LLC (at the time a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners, Summit Partners and Polaris Partners), a partnership of independent wealth management firms and advisors, in $1.2 billion senior secured facilities to finance its approximately $2 billion acquisition by an investor group led by Stone Point Capital and KKR.
- General Electric Company in its $19.8 billion unsecured term and revolving credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness.
- General Electric Company in a $3 billion revolving facility for Baker Hughes, a GE company, LLC.
- General Electric Company in financing matters related to its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets.
- Citi, as sole lead arranger and sole lead bookrunner in a $15.7 billion committed bridge facility, and as lead arranger and bookrunner in $4.5 billion term and revolving working capital facilities, for Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), a medical technology company, to support BD's $24 billion acquisition of C. R. Bard Inc., a medical equipment maker specializing in the manufacture of vascular, urology, oncology, and surgical specialty products.
Goldman Sachs Credit Partners in a $4.2 billion committed bridge facility to finance the proposed cash and stock acquisition by Lam Research Corporation, a supplier of wafer fabrication equipment and services to the semiconductor industry, of KLA-Tencor Corporation, a provider of process control and yield management solutions.
Goldman Sachs in an $8 billion committed bridge facility to finance the approximately $15 billion cash and stock acquisition by Great Plains Energy Incorporated, a provider of electricity in the Midwest United States, of Westar Energy Inc., at the time the largest electric utility in Kansas.
HNA Group Co. Ltd., a conglomerate focused on airport and travel services, transportation and logistics, in a senior secured term facility to finance in part its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group.
Shortlisted for Banking “Team of the Year”
IFLR1000 United States Awards 2021
Named a “Leading” Firm for Banking & Finance
Chambers USA 2021; Chambers Global 2021; Legal 500 US 2021; IFLR1000 2022
Overall they are a very strong team and are exceptional in terms of market trends and creative thinking.”
Chambers USA 2021
They are on the short list of the most reliable, professional and knowledgeable counsel.”
Chambers Global 2021
They provide a great balance between business savvy and legal advice.”
Chambers USA 2021
They are considered thought leaders both on the lender and borrower side.”
Chambers UK 2021
Responsive and agile – the team is able to digest and provide guidance and advice on complex structures and security issues efficiently and in a way that can be understood by the client.”
Legal 500 US 2021
Named Banking “Practice Group of the Year”
Ranked Tier 1 Nationwide for Banking and Finance Law
U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” 2021*
*Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners