Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- Leveraged acquisition and recapitalization transactions
- Investment grade lending and acquisition finance
- Syndicated lending
- Cash flow lending
- Asset-based lending
- Loan restructurings
- Debtor-in-possession financings
- Exit financings
We work in tandem with lawyers from our global M&A and Private Equity practices to advise clients on all facets of acquisition and other event-driven financings. We also work closely with our preeminent bankruptcy & restructuring practice on debt restructurings and debtor-in-possession and exit financings, as well as to analyze insolvency and collateral risks on new money transactions.
Private Equity Finance
Weil's leveraged finance team routinely represents lenders, underwriters, issuers and borrowers on their most sophisticated, complex leveraged loans and high yield bond offerings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $860 million incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its $1.1 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc. which will, when consummated, create the largest chain of movie theatres in the United States and the world.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $1.3 billion incremental and bridge facilities to finance in part its approximately £921 million ($1.2 billion) acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited (United Kingdom), the owner and operator of multiplex cinemas in the United Kingdom, Ireland, Italy, Germany, Austria, Portugal and Spain.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in an amendment and restatement of its senior secured term facility to incrementally increase commitments by $500 million to finance in part its approximately £921 million acquisition of Odeon & UCI Cinemas Group Limited (United Kingdom), and its $1.2 billion acquisition of Carmike Cinemas, Inc.
- AMC Entertainment Holdings, Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in $675 million incremental term loan and $325 million bridge facility commitments to provide financing related to its $950 million acquisition of Nordic Cinema Group Holding AB (Sweden).
- Citi, as sole lead arranger and sole lead bookrunner in a $15.7 billion committed bridge facility, and as lead arranger and bookrunner in $4.5 billion term and revolving working capital facilities, for Becton, Dickinson and Company (BD), a medical technology company, to support BD's $24 billion acquisition of C. R. Bard Inc., a medical equipment maker specializing in the manufacture of vascular, urology, oncology, and surgical specialty products.
- Goldman Sachs in the fully committed $9.1 billion bridge facility for Becton, Dickinson and Company, to finance its $12.2 billion acquisition of CareFusion Corporation, a manufacturer of automated medication dispensing units and infusion products.
Focus Financial Partners, LLC (at the time, a portfolio company of Centerbridge Partners, Summit Partners and Polaris Partners), a partnership of independent wealth management firms and advisors, in $1.2 billion senior secured facilities to finance its approximately $2 billion pending acquisition by an investor group led by Stone Point Capital and KKR.
- General Electric Company in its $19.8 billion unsecured term and revolving credit facilities to refinance existing indebtedness.
- General Electric Company in a $3 billion revolving facility for Baker Hughes, a GE company, LLC.
- General Electric Company in financing matters related to its strategic plan to sell most of GE Capital’s assets.
HNA Group Co. Ltd. (China), a conglomerate focused on airport and travel services, transportation and logistics, in a senior secured term facility to finance in part its $6.5 billion acquisition of a 25% stake in Hilton Inc., Park Hotels & Resorts Inc. and Hilton Grand Vacations Inc. (collectively, f/k/a Hilton Worldwide Holdings Inc.) from affiliates of The Blackstone Group.
- Morgan Stanley in $4.5 billion committed bridge and $1.8 billion term acquisition-related facilities and a $1.5 billion revolving facility for Tyson Foods, Inc., a producer and distributor of chicken, beef, pork, prepared foods and related products, to finance, respectively, its pending $4.2 billion merger with AdvancePierre Foods Holdings, Inc., a producer and distributor of ready-to-eat sandwiches, sandwich components and other entrées and snacks, and its general corporate purposes.
- Morgan Stanley and J.P. Morgan in the fully committed bridge facility for Tyson Foods, Inc., to finance its $8.55 billion acquisition of The Hillshire Brands Company, a leader in branded, convenient foods.
Outstanding…very current with deal terms and market conditions, accessible and easy to work with. They are savvy negotiators.”
The [Banking & Finance] team is excellent…our go-to shop for legal support.”
Chambers USA 2018
[Weil’s] ‘user-friendly’ team has a ‘great grasp on market trends,’ both from a sponsor and lender perspective."
Chambers UK 2018
Their performance has been terrific, always providing consistent legal advice on every transaction. From their partners to the associates, they are all very strong.”
Chambers USA 2017
Won Global Finance Deal of the Year – Acquisition Finance
2017 AmLaw Global Legal Awards
Won Best Law Firm in Finance: Bank Lending
Legal 500 US Awards 2015
Recipient of “Loan Deal of the Year” Award
IFLR European Awards 2015