Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- High yield debt
- Investment grade debt
- Secondary offerings
- Follow-on offerings
- Shelf registrations
- Private placements
- Convertible/exchangeable securities
- Acquisition financing
- Tender/exchange offers
We have extensive experience advising clients across a wide range of industries, including financial services, technology, transportation, airlines, media, telecommunications, gaming, lodging, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and life sciences, and retail and consumer products.
Weil has substantial experience advising issuers and underwriters on all types of public and private debt securities transactions, including high yield debt, investment grade debt, acquisition financings and private placements.
We frequently collaborate with lawyers in our Banking & Finance, Private Equity and M&A practices to advise clients on bridge financings backed by bond offerings in the context of both leveraged and investment grade acquisition financings.
Weil has extensive experience advising issuers and underwriters on all types of public and private equity transactions including IPOs, secondary and follow-on equity offerings, equity-based acquisition financings and debt refinancings, equity-linked securities, PIPEs and private placements.
In conjunction with our Private Equity practice, we frequently advise portfolio companies of private equity firms on their IPOs and follow-on/secondary offerings.
Weil’s Leveraged Finance team routinely represents lenders, underwriters, issuers and borrowers on their most sophisticated, complex high yield bond offerings and leveraged loans.
Private Equity Finance
Weil’s Institutional Finance lawyers regularly advise leading global financial institutions as arrangers and underwriters on their most significant investment grade and leveraged financings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
Advent International and Goldman Sachs, as selling shareholders, in over $5.5 billion secondary sales of shares in TransUnion, a provider of credit information to banks and consumers.
Deutsche Bank, BNP Paribas, HSBC, Morgan Stanley and another major financial institution, as joint book-running managers, in a €2.7 billion senior notes offering by DH Europe Finance S.A., guaranteed by Danaher Corporation, a manufacturer of professional, medical, industrial, commercial and consumer products, to finance in part Danaher's $13.8 billion acquisition of Pall Corporation, a manufacturer of fluid filtration, separation, and purification products.
- General Electric Company and Synchrony Financial, one of the premier consumer financial services companies in the United States and the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables, in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE. This was, at the time, the largest equity exchange offer in history.
- General Electric and Synchrony Financial in Synchrony’s approximately $2.95 billion initial public offering.
The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, in $4.8 billion of offerings of investment grade senior notes.
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the technology, media or business service industries, in its $450 million initial public offering.
- TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the energy, or energy-related, industries, in its $650 million initial public offering.
Clients note that the firm is “extraordinarily broad and deep in their knowledge base,” adding that it provides an “exceptional service.”
Chambers USA 2017
They deliver absolute top-quality work and advice.”
Chambers UK 2018
[Weil] is praised for its ‘fast response times, strong business acumen, good industry knowledge and strong commercial advice’.”
The Legal 500 UK 2018
Weil “bring[s] a high level of experience and judgment to the most difficult and sensitive legal issues.”
Chambers USA 2017
The ‘extremely responsive’ group at Weil, Gotshal & Manges LLP impresses with its ‘strong ability to navigate complicated, lengthy negotiations’.”
The Legal 500 US 2018
Named Capital Markets “Practice Group of the Year”
Law360 2015 and 2014
Ranked #3 for U.S. Equity IPOs (advising issuers) for FY 2017
Bloomberg Global Capital Markets League Tables