Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- High yield debt
- Investment grade debt
- Secondary offerings
- Follow-on offerings
- Shelf registrations
- Private placements
- Convertible/exchangeable securities
- Acquisition financing
- Tender/exchange offers
Our practice and its lawyers are consistently recognized as market leaders by Chambers & Partners, IFLR1000 and Legal 500.
Weil has substantial experience advising issuers and underwriters on all types of public and private debt securities transactions, including high yield debt, investment grade debt, acquisition financings and private placements.
We frequently collaborate with lawyers in our Banking & Finance, Private Equity and M&A practices to advise clients on bridge financings backed by bond offerings in the context of both leveraged and investment grade acquisition financings.
In conjunction with our market-leading Private Equity practice, we are one of the premier firms advising portfolio companies of private equity firms on their IPOs and follow-on/secondary offerings.
Private Equity Finance
Weil’s Institutional Finance lawyers regularly advise leading global financial institutions as arrangers and underwriters on their most significant investment grade and leveraged financings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
- General Electric Company and Synchrony Financial, one of the premier consumer financial services companies in the United States and the largest provider of private label credit cards in the United States based on purchase volume and receivables, in GE’s $20.4 billion offer to exchange Synchrony common stock for GE common stock, completing the separation of Synchrony from GE. This was, at the time, the largest equity exchange offer in history.
- General Electric and Synchrony Financial in Synchrony’s approximately $2.95 billion initial public offering.
The Estée Lauder Companies, Inc., one of the world’s leading manufacturers and marketers of quality skin care, makeup, fragrance and hair care products, in $4.8 billion of offerings of investment grade senior notes.
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the technology, media or business service industries, in its $450 million initial public offering.
- TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the energy, or energy-related, industries, in its $650 million initial public offering.
Weil is highly regarded for ‘taking the time to understand its clients’ businesses’. Furthermore, the firm’s ‘deep bench allows it to handle strategic transactions alongside everyday matters’.”
The Legal 500 US
Clients note that the firm is “extraordinarily broad and deep in their knowledge base,” adding that it provides an “exceptional service.”
Named a Capital Markets Practice Group of the Year
This team is highly regarded for its representation of issuers, sponsors and underwriters in all types of debt and equity transactions.”
[Weil] continues to be amongst the top choices for banks, issuers and financial sponsors seeking legal advice in debt and equity matters.”
Weil “bring[s] a high level of experience and judgment to the most difficult and sensitive legal issues.”
They have a deep substantive knowledge plus a healthy dose of practical business judgment and risk assessment.”
Ranked #3 for U.S. Equity IPOs (advising issuers) for FY 2017
Bloomberg Global Capital Markets League Tables