Notable Representations, Key Contacts
- High yield debt
- Investment grade debt
- Secondary offerings
- Follow-on offerings
- Shelf registrations
- Private placements
- Convertible/exchangeable securities
- Acquisition financing
- Tender/exchange offers
We have extensive experience advising clients across a wide range of industries, including financial services, technology, transportation, airlines, media, telecommunications, gaming, lodging, manufacturing, energy, healthcare and life sciences, and retail and consumer products.
Weil has substantial experience advising issuers and underwriters on all types of public and private debt securities transactions, including high yield debt, investment grade debt, acquisition financings and private placements.
We frequently collaborate with lawyers in our Banking & Finance, Private Equity and M&A practices to advise clients on bridge financings backed by bond offerings in the context of both leveraged and investment grade acquisition financings.
Weil has extensive experience advising issuers and underwriters on all types of public and private equity transactions including IPOs, secondary and follow-on equity offerings, equity-based acquisition financings and debt refinancings, equity-linked securities, PIPEs and private placements.
In conjunction with our Private Equity practice, we frequently advise portfolio companies of private equity firms on their IPOs and follow-on/secondary offerings.
Weil’s Leveraged Finance team routinely represents lenders, underwriters, issuers and borrowers on their most sophisticated, complex high yield bond offerings and leveraged loans.
Private Equity Finance
Weil’s Institutional Finance lawyers regularly advise leading global financial institutions as arrangers and underwriters on their most significant investment grade and leveraged financings.
Investment Grade Finance
In particular, we frequently utilize the combined strength of our New York and London platforms to advise corporate borrowers and financial institutions on cross-border transactions.
See list of lawyers globally
Shortlisted for Capital Markets: Equity “Team of the Year”
IFLR1000 United States Awards 2021
Clients note that the entire team is “incredibly strong.”
Chambers USA 2021
Weil always brings the right resources to bear, quickly and efficiently.”
Legal 500 2021
Named “Law Firm of the Year” for Securities/Capital Markets Law
U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Survey 2021 (Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners)
Named Capital Markets “Practice Group of the Year”
Law360 2015 and 2014
Awards and Recognition, Firm News & Announcements, Latest Thinking
Awards and Recognition
- Weil Named “Law Firm of the Year” for Securities/Capital Markets Law Award Brief — U.S. News – Best Lawyers “Best Law Firms” Survey 2021 (Best Lawyers (in America) is by Levine Leichtman Capital Partners)
- Weil Named a “Leading” Firm for Capital Markets: Equity: Issuer Counsel in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers Global 2022
- Weil Named a “Leading” Firm for Capital Markets: Equity: Issuer Counsel, Nationwide Award Brief — Chambers USA 2021
- Weil Named a “Leading” Firm for Capital Markets in the U.S. Award Brief — IFLR1000 2022
- Weil Named a "Leading" Firm for Capital Markets: High-Yield Offerings Award Brief — Legal 500 US 2021
- Weil Named a "Leading" Firm for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity Offerings Award Brief — Legal 500 US 2021
- Weil Shortlisted for Capital Markets: Equity “Team of the Year” Award Brief — IFLR1000 United States Awards 2021
- Weil Named a “Leading” Firm for Capital Markets: High Yield Products in London Award Brief — Chambers UK 2022
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil to Add High Yield Partners Andy Hagan and Gilles Teerlinck in London Press Release — January 18, 2023
- Weil Advises Advent International on its $6.4B Acquisition of Dual-Listed Maxar Technologies Deal Brief — December 16, 2022
- Weil Advises The Kroger Company in its Pending $24.6B Merger with Albertsons Deal Brief — October 17, 2022
- Weil Advised NEOGEN Corporation in its $5.3B Combination with the Food Safety Business of 3M Deal Brief — September 01, 2022
- Weil Advises Bondholders on Restructuring of Ukraine’s Sovereign Debt Deal Brief — August 12, 2022
- Weil Advised Getty Images in its $4.8B Business Combination with CC Neuberger Principal Holdings II Deal Brief — July 22, 2022
- Weil Advised Vonage Holdings Corp. in its $6.2B Sale to Ericsson Deal Brief — July 21, 2022
- Market Effectiveness Update: Changes to the UK Listing, Prospectus and Secondary Capital Raising Regimes Publication — By Michael Francies, David Avery-Gee, Murray Cox, Ian Hamilton, Alexander D. Lynch and Merritt S. Johnson — Spring 2023
- Form 8-K Triggering Events Alert — PDF — November 2022