Barbra Broudy is counsel in Weil’s Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Ms. Broudy advises both issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, and high yield and investment grade debt offerings. She also has experience in acquisition finance.
Ms. Broudy is recognized as a “Rising Star” for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated, in its $617 million follow-on offering of common shares to finance in part its up to $1.375 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of IO Data Centers LLC.
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. in five investment grade notes offerings totaling $3.2 billion.
- Mastercard Inc. in its $2 billion multi-tranche senior notes offering.
- Designated underwriters’ counsel in over $40 billion of investment grade notes and €4.0 billion investment grade senior notes offerings for Microsoft Corporation including, most recently, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, U.S. Bancorp and other major financial institutions, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $19.75 billion offering of investment grade senior notes by Microsoft Corporation to finance, among other uses, its pending acquisition of LinkedIn Corporation – Microsoft’s largest bond offering to date.
- C. R. Bard, Inc. in its $500 million investment grade notes offering.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp. (Cayman Islands), a SPAC that is an affiliate of Avista Acquisition Corporation, in its $310 million initial public offering and simultaneous $8 million offering of private placement warrants.
- WPX Energy, Inc., in its $670 million common stock offering to finance its acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in the Delaware Basin in Texas from Panther Energy Company II, LLC (a portfolio company of Kayne Anderson Energy Funds) and CP2 Operating, LLC (a portfolio company of Carrier Energy Partners, an industry partner of Riverstone Holdings).
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- WPX Energy in its $1 billion senior notes offering, $303 million common stock offering and $350 million mandatory convertible preferred stock offering to finance its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production.
- Lantheus Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Avista Capital Partners) in its $74 million initial public offering.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in its $575 million initial public offering and over $3.7 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including a simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
- the initial purchasers in the $250 million senior secured notes offering by Appvion, Inc.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- Ceridian Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $475 million senior exchangeable notes offering.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $500 million offering of senior notes.
- Generac Holdings (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $270 million initial public offering and over $1 billion of secondary offerings of common stock.
Ms. Broudy received her J.D. from Rutgers University and her B.A. from the University of Montana.