Barbra Broudy is counsel in Weil’s Capital Markets practice and is based in New York. Ms. Broudy advises both issuers and underwriters in connection with public and private offerings of securities and other capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on and secondary equity offerings, and investment grade and high yield debt offerings. She also has experience in acquisition finance.
Ms. Broudy is recognized as a “Rising Star” for Capital Markets: Debt & Equity in the U.S. by IFLR1000.
- Dun & Bradstreet Holdings, Inc. (a public company backed by an investor consortium led by THL Partners, Cannae Holdings, Black Knight and CC Capital) in its $1.98 billion initial public offering and $400 million concurrent private placement.
- Irving Place Capital Management and Agiliti Holdco, Inc. in Agliti’s combination with Federal Street Acquisition Corp. (FSAC) in a new holding company formed by FSAC named Agiliti Health, Inc., having an implied enterprise value of approximately $1.74 billion.
- Goldman Sachs, as underwriter, in approximately $2.4 billion of secondary offerings via block trade of 85 million shares of Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. by Maple Holdings B.V.
- Morgan Stanley, as underwriter, in an approximately $1.1 billion secondary offering via block trade of 40 million shares of Keurig Dr Pepper Inc. by Maple Holdings B.V.
- Genstar Capital, as principal selling stockholder, in over $500 million of secondary offerings and Rule 144 sales of common stock of Palomar Holdings, Inc.
- Johnson & Johnson in its $7.5 billion multi-tranche senior notes offering.
- Financial institutions, as lead dealer managers, in offers by Microsoft Corporation to exchange an aggregate of $10 billion of certain series of investment grade notes for new notes plus a cash payment, to refinance existing indebtedness.
- Goldman Sachs, J.P. Morgan and another financial institution, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $1.5 billion offering of senior unsecured notes by Keurig Dr Pepper Inc.
- Goldman Sachs, Citi, Credit Suisse, RBC and Tudor, Pickering, as underwriters, in the $314 million initial public offering of Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Natural Resources.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated in its $617 million follow-on offering of common shares to finance in part its up to $1.375 billion acquisition of the U.S. operations of IO Data Centers LLC.
- The Estée Lauder Companies Inc. in eight investment grade notes offerings totaling $6.3 billion.
- Mastercard Inc. in its $2 billion multi-tranche senior notes offering.
- Designated underwriters’ counsel in over $40 billion of investment grade notes and €4.0 billion investment grade senior notes offerings for Microsoft Corporation including, most recently, Bank of America Merrill Lynch, J.P. Morgan, Wells Fargo, Citi, Goldman Sachs, HSBC, U.S. Bancorp and another major financial institution, as representatives of the underwriters, in a $19.75 billion offering of investment grade senior notes by Microsoft Corporation to finance, among other uses, its pending acquisition of LinkedIn Corporation – Microsoft’s largest bond offering to date.
- Fidelity National Financial, Inc. in a $450 million senior notes offering in a private placement and subsequent A/B exchange offer.
- C. R. Bard, Inc. in its $500 million investment grade notes offering.
- Avista Healthcare Public Acquisition Corp., a SPAC that is an affiliate of Avista Acquisition Corporation, in its $310 million initial public offering and simultaneous $8 million offering of private placement warrants.
- WPX Energy, Inc., in its $670 million common stock offering to finance its acquisition of certain oil and gas assets in the Delaware Basin in Texas from Panther Energy Company II, LLC (a portfolio company of Kayne Anderson Energy Funds) and CP2 Operating, LLC (a portfolio company of Carrier Energy Partners, an industry partner of Riverstone Holdings).
- Gores Holdings II, a SPAC sponsored by The Gores Group, in its $400 million initial public offering.
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global, in its $48 million private placement of common shares to finance its acquisition of Accel Entertainment, Inc.
- WPX Energy in its $1 billion senior notes offering, $303 million common stock offering and $350 million mandatory convertible preferred stock offering to finance its acquisition of RKI Exploration & Production.
- Dave & Buster’s Entertainment, Inc. in its $100 million initial public offering.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in its $575 million initial public offering and over $3.7 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including a simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- Ceridian Corporation (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners) in its $475 million senior exchangeable notes offering.
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $500 million offering of senior notes.
- Generac Holdings (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $270 million initial public offering and over $1 billion of secondary offerings of common stock.
Ms. Broudy received her J.D. from Rutgers University and her B.A. from the University of Montana.