Mr. Lynch has extensive experience in equity capital markets transactions, including initial public offerings, follow-on offerings, acquisition-related financings, strategic investments and private placements. He also advises boards of public and private companies on general corporate and public company reporting matters and Sarbanes-Oxley and corporate governance issues.
Mr. Lynch has advised issuers and underwriters on over 140 public equity and debt offerings. Over the past few years, he has focused on IPOs and equity offerings for private equity backed portfolio companies and private equity sponsors, as counsel to issuers, underwriters and selling stockholders.
- Ceridian HCM Holding Inc. (a portfolio company of Thomas H. Lee Partners and Cannae Holdings) in its $531 million initial public offering and concurrent $100 million private placement of common shares.
- Advent International in its $1.2 billion 144A offering of 10 million common shares of lululemon athletica inc. 3.3 million shares of which were repurchased by the issuer.
- Fortress Investment Group LLC, in the $345 million initial public offering of Mosaic Acquisition Corp., a SPAC co-sponsored by Fortress.
- Iron Mountain Incorporated, in its $617 million follow-on offering of common shares to finance in part its acquisition of the U.S. operations of IO Data Centers LLC.
- Federal Street Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Thomas H. Lee Partners, the primary focus of which is to acquire and operate a company in the healthcare industry based in North America, in its $460 million initial public offering.
- TPG Pace Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the technology, media or business service industries, in its $450 million initial public offering.
- Kinder Morgan, Inc. on U.S. law aspects related to the C$2 billion initial public offering of Kinder Morgan Canada Limited (KMCL), as part of KMCL’s spin-off from its parent, Kinder Morgan Limited.
- NCS Multistage Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Advent International) and certain selling stockholders in its $186 million initial public offering.
- TPG Pace Energy Holdings Corp., a SPAC sponsored by TPG Global that seeks a target business in the energy, or energy-related, industries, in its $650 million initial public offering.
- Cotiviti Holdings, Inc. (f/k/a Connolly iHealth Technologies) (a portfolio company of Advent International Corporation) in its $246 million initial public offering, and together with Advent International, as selling shareholder, in over $1 billion secondary offerings of common shares.
- Goldman, Sachs and J.P. Morgan, as underwriters, in the $250 million initial public offering of Camping World Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Crestview Advisors) and in over $610 million secondary offerings of common stock.
- Vantiv, Inc. (a joint venture of Advent International and Fifth Third Bank) in its $575 million initial public offering and in over $4 billion of secondary offerings of common stock (including a simultaneous secondary and stock repurchase).
- Ollie’s Bargain Outlet, Inc. (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $164 million initial public offering and in over $880 million of secondary offerings of common shares.
- Kinder Morgan in its $2.86 billion initial public offering, the largest private equity-backed IPO in U.S. history at that time, and the largest energy IPO in the last decade.
- JPMorgan, Deutsche Bank, and the other underwriters in the $180 million initial public offering of Teladoc, Inc. and JPMorgan and the other underwriters in over $330 million follow-on and secondary offerings.
- Black Knight, Inc. in its $507 million initial public offering and in over $1 billion secondary offerings and block trades of common stock.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (MPG) and American Securities, as selling stockholder, in MPG’s $170 million initial public offering.
- Papa Murphy's Holdings, Inc. (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners) in its $64 million initial public offering.
- Edwards Group Limited (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors and Unitas Capital) in its $100 million initial public offering of American Depositary Shares on the NASDAQ Global Select Market.
- AMC Entertainment Inc. (a subsidiary of Dalian Wanda Group Co. (China)) in its $400 million initial public offering.
- Generac Holdings (a portfolio company of CCMP Capital Advisors) in its $270 million initial public offering and over $1 billion of secondary offerings of common stock.
- Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc., as selling shareholder, in the $1.1 billion secondary public offering of 7.9 million common shares of AvalonBay Communities, Inc. and in the $875 million secondary public offering of 15 million common shares of Equity Residential.
- The underwriters in a $305 million offering of senior convertible notes and in over $1.5 billion offerings of limited liability company interests by Macquarie Infrastructure Company LLC, including offerings to finance its acquisition of all of the equity of International-Matex Tank Terminals (IMTT) that it did not already own and to finance its acquisition of Bayonne Energy Center (BEC).
- Thomas H. Lee Partners, Goldman Sachs Capital Partners, J.P. Morgan Partners and CCMP Capital Advisors LLC, as selling shareholders, in the $834 million initial public offering and, together with Warburg Pincus, as selling shareholders, in over $4.7 billion secondary offerings of common shares of Aramark Corporation.
- Advent International and Goldman Sachs, as selling shareholders, in over $5.5 billion secondary sales of shares in TransUnion.
- Home Loan Servicing Solutions, Ltd. (HLSS) in an $877 million secondary and follow-on offering of common shares of New Residential Investment Corp. following New Residential's acquisition of substantially all of the assets and liabilities of HLSS in exchange for cash and stock.
Mr. Lynch is recognized as a leading lawyer in Capital Markets: Debt & Equity by Chambers USA 2018. He has also been recognized by IPO Vital Signs as one of the leading IPO lawyers in the United States and has been a presenter at the NYSE IPO Bootcamp seminars for the past four years. Mr. Lynch is highly regarded in Capital Markets – Equity by IFLR1000 and is recommended by The Legal 500 US for Capital Markets: Debt, Equity, & High-Yield Debt Offerings.
Prior to joining the Firm, he was the managing partner of the New York office of Wilson Sonsini Goodrich & Rosati. Earlier in his career, he was a partner in the New York office of Brobeck, Phleger & Harrison LLP, where he was the co-chair of the firmwide Public Offerings Practice Group and a member of Brobeck's Management and Investment Committees.
Mr. Lynch received a J.D. from Columbia University School of Law in 1987 and a B.S., cum laude, from Tulane University in 1983, where he was the recipient of the Aaron Hartman Award. He is a member of the New York State Bar and the American Bar Association.