Mr. Macke was selected by the Dallas Business Journal as one of its “40 Under 40” honorees for 2017.
- Management of Admiral Permian Resources, LLC, in a joint venture with Pine Brook Road Partners and Riverstone Holdings under which Pine Brook and Riverstone was to provide up to a $600 million line of equity to purchase and develop upstream assets in the Permian Basin
- Advent International in its acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC; in its acquisition of Culligan International Company and in Culligan’s acquisitions of ZIP Industries (Aust.) Pty Limited and TWH Filtration Industries, Inc. including its principal subsidiary Paragon Water Systems Inc. and in its pending acquisition of OASIS Corporation; and in the acquisitions by Sovos Brands of Rao’s Specialty Foods Inc. and Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods Inc.
- Aethon Energy in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners; and in its $735 million acquisition of northwest Louisiana natural gas assets from QEP Resources
- Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners and General Atlantic) in its acquisitions of TMI Hospitality and of certain assets of ONE Lodging Management, Inc.; and in its sale to Advent International
- Bollé Brands, Inc. (a portfolio company of A&M Capital Advisors Europe) in its take-private of SPY Inc.
- Bonewerks CulinArte' (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of Savory Creations International, Inc.
- Discovery Midstream Partners (the ownership vehicle for management) and other selling owners of Discovery DJ Services LLC, a joint venture of Old Ironsides Energy and Ward Energy Partners, in the sale of Discovery DJ Services to TPG Capital and rollover of a portion of management’s equity
- Discovery, Inc. in its joint venture with Magnolia, the home and lifestyle brand led by Chip and Joanna Gaines
- Easton Energy LLC (a portfolio company of Cresta Energy Capital) in its acquisition of the Gulf Coast natural gas liquids pipeline systems assets from The Williams Companies, Inc.
- Hayfin Capital Management LLP in the up to $300 million sale of Paradigm Spine, LLC
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC and in its acquisition of a majority stake in Vericity, Inc.
- J.Crew Group, Inc. in its restructuring efforts, which resulted in approximately 80% of the common stock to be held by the existing equity sponsor while conducting an out-of-court exchange for more than the $500 million of holding company debt
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners (OEP), its principal private equity unit, and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- Kainos Capital in its acquisitions of good2grow LLC and Olde Thompson Inc.
- Kettle Cuisine, LLC (a portfolio company of Kainos Capital) in its acquisition of the frozen soup business of NORPAC Foods, Inc.
- Koshidaka Holdings Co., Ltd. in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of Curves and of Curves for Women II, L.C.
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions; sale of Dealer Tire, LLC; and, together with Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC, in its $1.625 billion sale to Martin Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Magnetar Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners in a $475 million perpetual preferred equity investment in CrownRock Holdings, L.P.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (at the time a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in a significant investment by Insight Venture Partners with Providence exiting and Genstar retaining a significant minority position
- Mithril Capital Management in, as anchor in a larger financing round, its acquisition of a minority stake in Glance InMobi Pte. Ltd.
- Octagon Credit Investors, LLC in its sale to Conning & Company
- Old Ironsides Energy in the $1.75 billion sale of three Delaware Basin subsidiary companies of Brazos Midstream Holdings, LLC to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisitions of Peak Utility Services Group, Inc. and NTI Connect
- Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of Willbros Group, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Skybox Security, Inc. and Blue Star Sports (n/k/a Stack Sports); in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; in Government Brands Holdings, LLC’s acquisition of nCourt, LLC; and in the sales of majority stakes in Blue Star and Burning Glass Technologies
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc. from American Industrial Partners and Ideal Tridon in its acquisitions of Clamp S.R.L. and ZSI-Foster, LLC
- The founders of Magnetar Capital in the sale of a minority interest in Magnetar Capital Partners to an investment fund affiliated with Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
- Tidewater Inc. in its $1.25 billion combination with GulfMark Offshore, Inc.
- Town & Country Holdings, Inc. (d/b/a Town & Country Living) in its sale to H.I.G. Capital
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
- Trive Capital in its acquisition of Picture Head Holdings, LLC and subsidiaries; in Picture Head Holdings, LLC’s acquisition of The Farm Post Production Limited; and its sale of Southern Towing Company, LLC
- The management team of U.S. Renal Care, Inc., together with Bain Capital and other investors in the acquisition of U.S. Renal Care from Leonard Green & Partners and other institutional investors
- Vector Solutions (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners), as parent of RedVector.com, LLC, in RedVector's acquisition of Convergence Training; and in its sale to Golden Gate Capital
Mr. Macke currently serves on the Board of Directors and as Secretary for the Vogel Alcove. He is Head of Hiring for the Dallas office and is actively involved in recruiting, training and mentoring programs at Weil.
Mr. Macke joined Weil in 2012. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Macke was a tax associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2004, where he was an Articles Editor for the Arkansas Law Review, and his B.A., cum laude, from Pepperdine University in 2001. Mr. Macke also received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2008.