Mr. Macke was selected by the Dallas Business Journal as one of its “40 Under 40” honorees for 2017.
- Management of Admiral Permian Resources, LLC, in a joint venture with Pine Brook Road Partners and Riverstone Holdings under which Pine Brook and Riverstone was to provide up to a $600 million line of equity to purchase and develop upstream assets in the Permian Basin
- Advent International in its acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC, in its acquisition of Culligan International Company, and in the acquisitions by Sovos Brands of Rao’s Specialty Foods Inc. and Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods Inc.
- Aethon Energy in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners
- Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC in its acquisition of TMI Hospitality
- Discovery Midstream Partners (the ownership vehicle for management) and other selling owners of Discovery DJ Services LLC, a joint venture of Old Ironsides Energy and Ward Energy Partners, in Discovery DJ’s sale to TPG Growth, in the sale of Discovery DJ Services to TPG Capital and rollover of a portion of management’s equity
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners (OEP), its principal private equity unit, and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg and Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC in the $1.625 billion sale of Bluegrass to Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in a significant investment by Insight Venture Partners with Providence exiting and Genstar retaining a significant minority position
- Octagon Credit Investors, LLC in its sale to Conning & Company
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Skybox Security, Inc. and Blue Star Sports; in Blue Star’s subsequent acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; and in the sale of a majority stake in Blue Star to Genstar Capital
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc.
- The founders of Magnetar Capital in the sale of a minority interest in Magnetar Capital Partners to an investment fund affiliated with Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
Mr. Macke joined Weil in 2012. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Macke was a tax associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2004, where he was an Articles Editor for the Arkansas Law Review, and his B.A., cum laude, from Pepperdine University in 2001. Mr. Macke also received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2008.