Mr. Macke was selected by the Dallas Business Journal as one of its “40 Under 40” honorees for 2017.
- Management of Admiral Permian Resources, LLC, in a joint venture with Pine Brook Road Partners and Riverstone Holdings under which Pine Brook and Riverstone was to provide up to a $600 million line of equity to purchase and develop upstream assets in the Permian Basin
- Advent International in its acquisition of a majority stake in ATI Physical Therapy Holdings, LLC; in its acquisition of Culligan International Company and in Culligan’s acquisition of ZIP Industries (Aust.) Pty Limited; and in the acquisitions by Sovos Brands of Rao’s Specialty Foods Inc. and Michael Angelo’s Gourmet Foods Inc.
- Aethon Energy in the formation of Aethon United LP, a joint venture with Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan and Redbird Capital Partners
- Aimbridge Hospitality, LLC (a portfolio company of Lee Equity Partners and General Atlantic) in its acquisitions of TMI Hospitality and of certain assets of ONE Lodging Management, Inc.
- Discovery Midstream Partners (the ownership vehicle for management) and other selling owners of Discovery DJ Services LLC, a joint venture of Old Ironsides Energy and Ward Energy Partners, in the sale of Discovery DJ Services to TPG Capital and rollover of a portion of management’s equity
- IHS Inc. in its $13 billion merger of equals with Markit Limited
- J.C. Flowers in its acquisition of Jefferson Capital Systems, LLC from Flexpoint Ford and management
- JPMorgan Chase & Co. in its sale of approximately 50% of the portfolio companies held at the time by One Equity Partners (OEP), its principal private equity unit, and in the formation by OEP professionals of OEP Capital Advisors, L.P.
- Koshidaka Holdings Co., Ltd. in the U.S. aspects of its acquisition of Curves and of Curves for Women II, L.C.
- KTR Capital Partners in the $5.9 billion sale by its REIT subsidiaries of real estate assets and their operating platform to Prologis Inc.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its acquisition of Big Ass Solutions, and, together with Bluegrass Materials Company, LLC, in its $1.625 billion sale to Marietta Materials, Inc.
- Magnetar Capital and EIG Global Energy Partners in a $475 million perpetual preferred equity investment in CrownRock Holdings, L.P.
- Ministry Brands, LLC (at the time a portfolio company of Providence Strategic Growth Partners and Genstar Capital Management) in a significant investment by Insight Venture Partners with Providence exiting and Genstar retaining a significant minority position
- Octagon Credit Investors, LLC in its sale to Conning & Company
- Old Ironsides Energy in the $1.75 billion sale of three Delaware Basin subsidiary companies of Brazos Midstream Holdings, LLC to Morgan Stanley Infrastructure
- ORIX Capital Partners in its acquisition of Peak Utility Services Group, Inc.
- Primoris Services Corporation in its acquisition of Willbros Group, Inc.
- Providence Strategic Growth Partners in its investments in Skybox Security, Inc. and Blue Star Sports; in Blue Star’s acquisitions of Bonzi Technology, Inc. and Pointstreak Sports Technologies, Inc.; in Government Brands Holdings, LLC’s acquisition of nCourt, LLC; and in the sale of a majority stake in Blue Star to Genstar Capital
- Snow Phipps Group in its acquisition of Ideal Tridon Holdings, Inc. and Ideal Tridon in its acquisition of Clamp S.R.L.
- The founders of Magnetar Capital in the sale of a minority interest in Magnetar Capital Partners to an investment fund affiliated with Blackstone Alternative Asset Management
- Town & Country Holdings, Inc. (d/b/a Town & Country Living) in its sale to H.I.G. Capital
- TPG Growth and TPG Special Situations Partners in the acquisition of a minority stake in Spotify Technology S.A.
- Vector Solutions (a portfolio company of Providence Equity Partners), as parent of RedVector.com, LLC, in RedVector's acquisition of Convergence Training
Mr. Macke joined Weil in 2012. Prior to joining Weil, Mr. Macke was a tax associate in the New York office of a leading international law firm. He received his J.D., magna cum laude, from the University of Arkansas School of Law in 2004, where he was an Articles Editor for the Arkansas Law Review, and his B.A., cum laude, from Pepperdine University in 2001. Mr. Macke also received his LL.M. in Taxation from New York University in 2008.