Amanda Fenster is a partner in Weil’s Mergers & Acquisitions practice and is based in New York. Ms. Fenster represents public and private companies in mergers, acquisitions and divestitures.
- AK Steel Corporation in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- British American Tobacco in its $4.7 billion investment in Reynolds American as part of Reynolds American’s $27.6 billion purchase of Lorillard and sale to Imperial Tobacco of the KOOL, Salem, Winston, Maverick and blu eCigs brands and other assets and liabilities for total consideration of $7.1 billion
- Brookfield Asset Management Inc. in its approximately $4.8 billion acquisition of a 61.2% stake in Oaktree Capital Group, LLC
- ChargePoint, Inc. in its combination with Switchback Energy Acquisition Corporation, a SPAC sponsored by NGP Switchback, LLC, in a transaction that implies a ChargePoint enterprise value of $2.4 billion
- Churchill Capital Corp III, a SPAC sponsored by Churchill Capital Group, in its $5.7 billion merger with MultiPlan, Inc. that has an enterprise value based on the transaction of approximately $11 billion
- CoStar Group, Inc. in numerous transactions, including in its $450 million acquisition of STR, Inc. and its acquisitions of Cozy Services, Ltd., Off Campus Partners, LLC and Ten-X, LLC
- Ditech Holding Corporation (f/k/a Walter Investment Management Corp.) in its evaluation of strategic alternatives and ultimate $1.1 billion sale of Ditech Financial LLC to New Residential Investment Corp. and $762 million sale of Reverse Mortgage Solutions, Inc. to Mortgage Assets Management, LLC
- Eli Lilly and Company in connection with the separation and initial public offering of Elanco Animal Health Incorporated and Eli Lilly’s $8.2 billion offer to exchange Elanco common stock for Eli Lilly common stock, completing the separation of Elanco from Eli Lilly
- General Electric Company in its $2.6 billion sale of GE Industrial Solutions to ABB
- Graham Holdings Company in connection with its $1.1 billion split-off transaction of WPLG to Berkshire Hathaway
- Heartland Dental Care, LLC in the sale, by Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan and other existing shareholders, of a majority stake in Heartland to KKR & Co., with Ontario Teachers' retaining a sizeable ownership stake
- IBM in connection with its acquisition of several private companies, including Lombardi Software, Initiate Systems and Bigfix, Inc.
- InterMune, Inc. in connection with its $8.9 billion sale to Roche
- MarkWest Energy Partners LP in connection with its $21 billion merger with MPLX LP
- Transaction Committee of the Board of Directors of Norwegian Cruise Line in the $3.025 billion acquisition of Prestige Cruises International by Norwegian
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan Board in, together with Apollo Global Management, the acquisition of a controlling interest in CareerBuilder, LLC; and in, together with L Catterton and others, the sale of PetVet Care Centers, LLC
- Polymer Group Inc. in connection with its $325 million sale to Blackstone
- Quest Diagnostics Inc. in its acquisition of the U.S. laboratory services business of Oxford Immunotec Global PLC and in its acquisition of Blueprint Genetics
- Sanofi in its $2.5 billion acquisition of Synthorx, Inc.
- Sapient Corporation in connection with its $3.7 billion sale to Publicis Groupe
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its pending $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
- Zale Corporation in connection with its $1.4 billion sale to Signet Jewelers Limited and its related successful proxy fight with TIG Advisors
Ms. Fenster is named a 2020 “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Law360, profiled as a “Rising Star” by The Deal: Movers & Shakers and was shortlisted for the 2020 “Rising Star in Corporate” Award for Euromoney Legal Media Group’s Americas Women in Business Law Awards. She is also recognized as a “Rising Star” for Mergers & Acquisitions by Super Lawyers.
Prior to joining Weil, Ms. Fenster was Associate General Counsel at IDEXX Laboratories, Inc. and prior to that, an associate at an international law firm. Ms. Fenster received her J.D., cum laude, from University of Pennsylvania Law School and her B.A., cum laude, from University of Pennsylvania.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.