Ms. Sargent has been part of the teams advising on the following matters:
- The Dow Chemical Company in its $130 billion all-stock merger of equals with E. I. du Pont de Nemours and Company
- Maxim Integrated Products, Inc. in its $21 billion sale to Analog Devices, Inc.
- Sanofi in its $11.6 billion acquisition of Bioverativ Inc.
- Belmond Ltd. in its $3.2 billion sale to LVMH Moet Hennessy Louis Vuitton SE
- Ontario Teachers' Pension Plan, as part of a consortium led by BC Partners and including Beamer Investment (GIC) and certain members of management of GFL Environmental Holdings Inc., in the consortium's approximately $5.1 billion acquisition of GFL and subsequently in GFL's $2.8 billion merger with Waste Industries, Inc.
- Ontario Teachers’ Pension Plan (OTPP) in its acquisition of a minority stake in Cole-Parmer (a portfolio company of Golden Gate Capital) and in the formation of Trivium Packaging through a combination of OTPP's portfolio company, Exal Corporation, with the Food & Specialty Metal Packaging business of Ardagh Group
- Media General Inc. in its $4.6 billion sale to Nexstar Broadcasting Group Inc.
- Metaldyne Performance Group Inc. (a portfolio company of American Securities) in its $3.3 billion sale to American Axle & Manufacturing Holdings, Inc.
- Interval Leisure Group in its $1.5 billion acquisition, via a Reverse Morris Trust transaction, of Vistana Signature Experiences
- AK Steel Corporation in its $360 million acquisition of Precision Partners Holding Company and in its approximately $3 billion sale to Cleveland-Cliffs, Inc.
- Benefytt Technologies, Inc. in its $625 million take-private by Madison Dearborn Partners
- SiriusXM in its up to $325 million acquisition of Stitcher
- Gurnet Point Capital in its take-private of Innocoll Holdings plc
- Aéropostale, Inc. in its $243 million 363 bankruptcy sale to a consortium including General Growth Properties (n/k/a GGP Inc.), Authentic Brands Group, Simon Property Group, Gordon Brothers Retail Partners LLC, and Hilco Merchant Resources LLC
- Golfsmith International Holdings, Inc. (formerly a portfolio company of OMERS Private Equity) in its $160 million global sale of its assets, which included a U.S. 363 bankruptcy sale, to Dick's Sporting Goods, Inc.
- MarketAxess Holdings Inc. in its $150 million acquisition of LiquidityEdge and in its acquisition of MuniBrokers, LLC
- Cascade Environmental, LLC (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of TerraTherm, Inc.
- Centerbridge Partners in its acquisition of KIK Custom Products, Inc.
- EQT Partners in its sale of Restaurant Technologies, Inc.
- FeraDyne Outdoors, LLC (a portfolio company of Snow Phipps Group) in its acquisition of Field Logic, Inc. and affiliates
- General Electric Capital Corporation in the sale of its North American tank car rail assets and railcar repair business to Marmon Holdings, Inc., and sale of General Electric Railcar Services LLC to Wells Fargo & Co.
- Lindsay Goldberg in its sale of all of its interest in PSC Industrial Holdings Corp.
- PSAV, Inc., Goldman Sachs and Olympus Partners (PSAV’s sponsors) in the sale of PSAV to Blackstone
Ms. Sargent received her J.D., magna cum laude, from University of Michigan Law School, where she was an Executive Editor on the Michigan Law Review, and her B.A., summa cum laude, from Tufts University.