Howard Dicker is Co-Head of the Firm’s Public Company Advisory Group and is based in New York. Howard advises numerous companies regarding securities law issues, disclosure and compliance matters as well as on executive compensation and corporate governance. He has a diverse corporate practice, including mergers and acquisitions, proxy fights, financings, securities offerings, private equity investments and restructurings.
Howard is also active in various bar associations and organizations and speaks and writes on a variety of topics in corporate and securities law. He is a former Chair of the Subcommittee on Employee Benefits, Executive Compensation and Section 16 of the Committee on Federal Regulation of Securities, Section of Business Law, American Bar Association. He is also a former Chair of the Securities Regulation Committee of the Business Law Section of the New York State Bar Association. Howard is a member of the Advisory Committee to the NY Chapter of the Society for Corporate Governance. He is a frequent contributor to Weil’s Governance & Securities Watch.
Prior to joining Weil, Howard was an auditor and tax consultant at Price Waterhouse in New York. There, he focused on broker-dealers in securities and commodities. He is licensed as a certified public accountant.
Howard is recognized as a leading lawyer for Securities: Regulation: Advisory by Chambers USA, where clients note he is “extremely knowledgeable.” He is recognized as a “Leading Lawyer” for Corporate Governance by Legal 500 US, where he is described as “exceptional” with “extraordinary depth of knowledge and the ability to get to the heart of an issue.” Howard is also recommended for Securities & Corporate Finance by Super Lawyers.
Howard received his J.D., with honors, from The George Washington University School of Law, his M.S. in accounting from the State University of New York at Albany, and his B.S. in finance and accounting from the Wharton School of the University of Pennsylvania.
Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Latest Thinking, Firm News & Announcements
Awards and Recognition
- Howard Dicker Named a “Leading” Lawyer for Securities: Regulation: Advisory in the U.S. Award Brief — Chambers USA
- Howard Dicker Named a “Leading Lawyer” for Corporate Governance Award Brief — Legal 500 US
- Howard Dicker Named Among New York’s Super Lawyers Award Brief — New York Super Lawyers
The Society for Corporate Governance: 2022 Eastern Regional Fall Conference
Michael J. Aiello,
John P. Barry,
Howard B. Dicker and
October 27, 2022 —
Weil hosted Session 5 of The Society for Corporate Governance’s 2022 Eastern Regional Fall Conference, including the following:
- Weil Employment Litigation Practice Group Head John P. Barry and Counsel Celine Chan, and Weil White Collar Defense, Regulatory and Investigations Practice Group Co-Head Sarah Coyne spoke on a panel titled “Navigating the Minefield of Legal and Ethical Issues in Conducting Internal Investigations: A Tale of Lessons Learned and Best Practices.”
- Weil Public Company Advisory Group Co-Head Howard Dicker spoke on a panel titled “Ethics Lessons for In-house Lawyers from Behavioral Science.”
- Weil Public Company Advisory Group Co-Head Lyuba Goltser spoke on a panel titled “Corporate Purpose: Values and Value Creation.”
- Weil Corporate Department Chairman Michael J. Aiello hosted a discussion titled “Mindful Leadership in a Changing World: A Conversation with Nabanita Nag, Chief Legal Officer of Norfolk Southern.”
TheCorporateCounsel.net’s “19th Annual Executive Compensation Conference”
Howard B. Dicker
October 14, 2022 — Weil Public Company Advisory Group Co-Head Howard Dicker spoke on two panels titled "The Top Compensation Consultants Speak" and "Pay Versus Performance: Key Compliance Steps" as part of TheCorporateCounsel.net and CompensationStandards.com's 19th Annual Executive Compensation Conference.
- NYSE and Nasdaq Propose Compensation Clawback Listing Standards Alert — Governance & Securities — By Howard B. Dicker, Lyuba Goltser, P.J. Himelfarb and Shira Barron — PDF — March 01, 2023
- Disclosure Developments and 2022 Form 10-K Disclosure Locator Alert — Governance & Securities — By Howard B. Dicker, Catherine T. Dixon, P.J. Himelfarb, Shira Barron and Julie Rong — PDF — January 2023
- Heads Up for the 2023 Proxy Season: Key Disclosure and Engagement Topics Alert — Governance & Securities — By Howard B. Dicker, Lyuba Goltser, Kaitlin Descovich, Catherine T. Dixon, P.J. Himelfarb and Adé Heyliger — PDF — January 19, 2023
- SEC Adopts No Fault Executive Compensation Clawback Rules for Listed Companies: Covers “little r” Restatements Alert — Governance & Securities — By P.J. Himelfarb, Lyuba Goltser, Howard B. Dicker and Shira Barron — PDF — November 01, 2022
- SEC Partially Rescinds Its Rules Relating to the Provision of Proxy Voting Advice Alert — Governance & Securities — By Catherine T. Dixon and Howard B. Dicker — PDF — August 15, 2022
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advised MSP Recovery, LLC in its $32.6B Business Combination with Lionheart Acquisition Corp. II Deal Brief — May 18, 2022
- Weil Advised TPG Pace Solutions Corp. in its $4.5B Business Combination with Vacasa LLC Deal Brief — December 06, 2021