Leah Whitworth is an associate in Weil’s Private Equity practice and is based in New York. Leah participates in the representation of private equity sponsors and their portfolio companies with respect to mergers, acquisitions, divestitures and general corporate matters.
Leah has been part of the teams advising:
- The Blackstone Group, as controlling shareholder of Vivint, Inc., in its approximately $5.2 billion sale to NRG Energy
- Berkshire Partners and Permira Advisers in their sale of a majority stake in Teraco Data Environments (Pty) Ltd., in a transaction valuing Teraco at approximately $3.5 billion
- Centerbridge Partners and its portfolio company True Food Kitchen in its receipt of a $100 million investment from HumanCo and MannaTree Partners
- EQT Private Equity in its acquisition of Billtrust, in a transaction that valued Billtrust at $1.7 billion
- EQT Partners in its strategic investment in United Talent Agency
- Cornell Capital and its portfolio company kdc/one Development Corporation, Inc. (kdc/one) in an investment by KKR, and in kdc/one's acquisition of Aerofil Technology, Inc.
- OMERS in its minority investment in NovaSource Power Services
- TCV, as lead investor, in a $250 million investment in Devo, Inc.
Leah received her J.D. from Peter A. Allard School of Law at University of British Columbia and her B.A. from Vancouver Island University.