- Of the LGBTQ+ attorneys at the Firm, 8 are partners, 7 are counsel, and 48 are associates in the U.S. and London offices.
- Inspired by Out Leadership, the PLUS (+) in LGBTQ+ ensures that we will always be inclusive of all identities, making our community feel welcomed and helping to ensure that nobody is left out.
- Weil was named among the “Best Places to Work” for LGBTQ+ individuals by the Human Rights Campaign’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index.
- Each affinity group has an appointed senior leader sponsor, who is not a member of that demographic group. The sponsors are charged with understanding key issues the group members face and advocating for necessary change. Co-Chair of the global Litigation Department, Jonathan Polkes, is the Management Committee Sponsor for WeilPride.
Programs and Policies
Weil is unique among law firms for holding Firmwide individual affinity group conferences for career development, client and law student networking, and strategic planning. The most recent WeilPride conference was held in September 2018 in Washington, DC. Highlights include:
- Alumni Panel and Discussion
- Non-profit lunch discussion with Sasha Buchert of Lambda Legal and Robin Maril of the Human Rights Campaign.
- A WeilPride Reception with local law students on the rooftop terrace of Weil's DC office building.
- Community engagement project with Whitman-Walker Health, a non-profit community health center with special expertise in LGBTQ+ healthcare.
Client & Alumni Development
Pride in London
Out Women at Weil
In June 2020, WeilPride hosted a special Father’s Day Pride event where partners, Adam Banks and Justin Lee discussed their surrogacy journeys.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising in New York City, WeilPride hosted a screening of “From Selma to Stonewall: Are we there yet?” for pride month 2019.
In honor of Pride Month 2018, Weil welcomed Ellie Krug, attorney, activist, and author of Getting to Ellen: A Memoir about Love, Honesty and Gender Change to speak at the Firm.
In June 2016, Weil hosted a Pride Month Lunch Panel Presentation: “OutWomen at the Forefront” moderated by Stephanie Sandberg, Managing Director at Out Leadership, featuring an out woman partner and associate from Weil.
Community & Pro Bono
Donald R. Whittaker
- +1 (212) 310-8009