WeilPride (LGBTQ+ Association of Weil)
- Of the LGBTQ+ attorneys at the Firm, 9 are partners, 3 are counsel, and 60 are associates in the U.S. and London offices.
- Inspired by Out Leadership, the PLUS (+) in LGBTQ+ ensures that we will always be inclusive of all identities, making our community feel welcomed and helping to ensure that nobody is left out.
- Weil was named among the “Best Places to Work” for LGBTQ+ individuals by the Human Rights Campaign’s 2022 Corporate Equality Index.
- Each affinity group has an appointed senior leader sponsor, who is not a member of that demographic group. The sponsors are charged with understanding key issues the group members face and advocating for necessary change. Co-Chair of the global Litigation Department, Elizabeth S. Weiswasser, is the Management Committee Sponsor for WeilPride.
Programs and Policies
WeilPride Affinity Group Conference
Weil is unique among law firms for holding Firmwide individual affinity group conferences for career development, client and law student networking, and strategic planning. The most recent WeilPride conference was held in June 2022 in New York. Highlights include:
- Pro Bono Panel
- Weil Pride Partner Panel
- Client event at The Standard East Village
Client & Alumni Development
Annual Client Event
Pride in Europe
Out Women at Weil
Pride Month Presentation
In June 2020, WeilPride hosted a special Father’s Day Pride event where partners, Adam Banks and Justin Lee discussed their surrogacy journeys.
In honor of the 50th anniversary of the Stonewall Uprising in New York City, WeilPride hosted a screening of “From Selma to Stonewall: Are we there yet?” for pride month 2019.
In honor of Pride Month 2018, Weil welcomed Ellie Krug, attorney, activist, and author of Getting to Ellen: A Memoir about Love, Honesty and Gender Change to speak at the Firm.
LGBTQ+ Women’s Networking Event
Summer Associate Recruiting
Lavender Law Conference and Career Fair
Community & Pro Bono
Adam B. Banks
- +1 (212) 310-8419
New York, Boston
- +1 (212) 310-8270
- +44 20 7903 1547
- +44 20 7903 1478
- +44 20 7903 1060
Daniel S. Dokos
- +1 (212) 310-8576
Justin D. Lee
- +1 212 310 8397
- +44 20 7903 1363
Miami, New York
- +1 305 577 3282
Firm News and Announcements
- Justin Lee Recognized as a “Notable 2023 LGBTQIA+ Leader” by Crain’s Firm Announcement — June 05, 2023
- Robert Lennon Recognized as a “Notable 2022 LGBTQ Leader” by Crain’s Firm Announcement — June 21, 2022
- Justin D. Lee Named a 2022 Best LGBTQ+ Lawyer Under 40 by the National LGBTQ+ Bar Association Firm Announcement — March 17, 2022