- CVC Capital Partners, as lead investor in a consortium that also included Providence Equity Partners, PSG and Ridgemont Equity Partners, in the business combination of GlobalTranz Enterprises, Inc. with Worldwide Express, Inc.
- CVC Growth Funds and Velocity EHS in the acquisition by Partners Group of a significant minority investment in VelocityEHS from CVC Growth Funds.
- A private equity sponsor in its acquisition of a clinical research business in the United States.
- Cerberus Capital Management in the acquisition by one of its affiliates of National Dentex Labs and National Dentex Labs in its acquisitions of Dental Services Group and Dynamic Dental Solutions.
- Cerberus Capital Management and Covis Pharma in the sale of Covis Pharma to funds managed by affiliates of Apollo Global Management.
- Cerberus Capital Management and PaxVax in the sale of PaxVax to Emergent BioSolutions Inc.
- Griffon Corporation in its $845 million acquisition of Hunter Fan Company.
- Griffon Corporation in the acquisition of ClosetMaid Corporation.
- One Equity Partners and PeroxyChem in the $640 million sale of PeroxyChem to Evonik Industries.
- Stripes Group in its investments in Collectors Universe, Harvest Hosts, Levain Bakery, Shibumi Shades, Siete Family Foods, Snooze, Stella & Chewy’s and The Black Tux.
- Sterling Investment Partners in an investment in AIMS Companies, in partnership with AIMS’ management.
- Sterling Investment Partners in its sale of Service Logic.
- Sterling Investment Partners in its investment in Marcone Appliance Parts.
- Centric Brands Inc. in its $1.2 billion carve-out acquisition of a significant part of the North American licensing business of Global Brands Group Holding Limited.
- Seawall Capital, LLC in the acquisition of Kent Water Sports Holdings, LLC.
- Tengram Capital Partners and its portfolio company Earth Treks Climbing and Fitness in the acquisition of Planet Granite.
- Tengram Capital Partners in the sale of NEST Fragrances.
Gareth is recommended for Private Equity Buyouts by Legal 500 US, where clients note he is “very knowledgeable, responsive, hardworking and dedicated.” He was also recognized as a 2019 “Rising Star” by the New York Law Journal and served on Law360’s 2020 Private Equity Editorial Advisory Board. Gareth was shortlisted in 2019 for “LGBT+ Equality Lawyer of the Year” by Chambers USA.
Prior to joining Weil, Gareth was a Corporate partner at another international law firm.
Gareth received his LL.B. and his B.Com from Monash University.
*Includes matters handled prior to joining Weil.