Alongside her transactional practice, Jenny provides consultancy advice to clients on standalone tax matters. She also represents clients in tax litigation.
Jenny is recognized by both Chambers UK and Legal 500 UK. She was praised by Chambers UK for being “very strong technically” and in Legal 500 for the commercial focus that arises from her “deep practical experience”. Jenny was ranked by Mergerlinks as a Top Female M&A Lawyer EMEA for 2021, was shortlisted for Tax Lawyer of the Year in the Euromoney Women in Business Law EMEA Awards 2022 and is recognized as an expert in Corporate Tax by Who’s Who Legal 2022 as well as a “Tax Leading Advisor” in ITR World Tax 2023.
- Ad hoc group of noteholders in relation to the consensual recapitalization and financial restructuring of Frigoglass S.A.I.C. and the group of companies formerly controlled by it (the Frigoglass Group)
- Several pension funds in relation to equity and debt investments into the UK
- Advising private equity and corporate groups on holding company structures, including the use of the new UK “qualifying asset holding company” regime
- iCON Infrastructure on the acquisitions of Vanguard Healthcare Solutions, PortSynergy (Le Havre Port) and other matters
- THI Investments on the acquisitions of WJ Group and Impact Food Group
- CIIG Capital Partners II Inc on tax matters related to its proposed merger with Zapp Electric Vehicles
- Ares and Goldman Sachs on their participation in CD&R’s takeover of Wm Morrison Supermarkets Plc, which valued the British supermarket at £10.2bn including debt
- APG Asset Management on the acquisition of a stake in, and joint venture with, SiFi Networks
- Her Majesty’s Government as part of a 50/50 consortium with Bharti Global in the consortium's acquisition, in a chapter 11 court-supervised sale process, of OneWeb Global
- Lone Star on the €5.2 billion sale of MBCC Group to Sika AG
- Montagu Private Equity on its acquisition of ISI Emerging Markets Group
- Gores Guggenheim, Inc., a SPAC sponsored by affiliates of The Gores Group and Guggenheim Capital, in its pending $20 billion business combination with Polestar Performance AB
- Wejo Limited, a connected vehicle data business, on its $1.1 billion business combination with Virtuoso Acquisition Corp., a SPAC sponsored by Virtuoso Sponsor LLC
- EO Charging on its proposed business combination with First Reserve Sustainable Growth Corp., a SPAC sponsored by First Reserve Corporation
- GS Acquisition Holdings Corp II, a SPAC sponsored by an affiliate of The Goldman Sachs Group, Inc., in its $2.6 billion business combination with Mirion Technologies, Inc. (a portfolio company of Charterhouse Capital Partners)
- Lone Star Funds on its takeover of McCarthy & Stone plc
- Sanofi in its $1.45 billion acquisition of Kymab, Ltd., a clinical-stage biopharmaceutical company developing fully human monoclonal antibodies with a focus on immune-mediated diseases and immuno-oncology therapeutics.
- Algonquin on its PIPE investment in Atlantica Infrastructure
- Foley Trasimene Acquisition Corporation II on its merger with Paysafe Group
- Wren House Infrastructure on the acquisition of Voyage Healthcare, a sector leading provider of care for people with learning disabilities, autism, brain injuries and other complex needs
- an ad hoc group of secured lenders to the world’s largest regional aircraft lessor, Nordic Aviation Capital, in relation to its ongoing restructuring
- an ad hoc group of bondholders of Spanish based construction and civil engineering company, Obrascón Huarte Lain, in relation to the Group’s debt for equity swap, implemented through a scheme of arrangement in the UK
- an ad hoc group of bondholders of UK based speciality metals producer, Ferroglobe, in relation to the Group’s financial restructuring
- an ad hoc group of senior creditors of UK based drilling and engineering contractor, KCA Deutag, in relation to the Group’s debt for equity swap, implemented through a scheme of arrangement in the UK
- Willis Towers Watson PLC in its proposed $80 billion combination with Aon PLC
- Vitol Group on its joint acquisition, with IFM Global Investors, of Buckeye Partners LP’s 50% equity interest in VTTI BV, the leading global independent provider of energy storage
- a consortium led by Vitol and comprising Africa Oil Corp (25%), Delonex Energy Ltd. (25%) and Vitol (50%), on the proposed acquisition of a 50% ownership interest in Petrobras Oil and Gas B.V.
- major oil groups on structuring, disposals, acquisitions and swaps of UK North Sea assets and production payments and financings in relation to UK North Sea assets
- Vitol Group and Helios Investment Partners on Vivo Energy plc’s initial public offering on the London Stock Exchange and Johannesburg Stock Exchange (the largest London IPO of the year to date and the largest Africa-focused IPO in a decade, with a valuation of close to £2 billion)
- Helios Investment Partners in relation to the $1.45 billion IPO of Helios Towers Africa, (a leading Sub-Saharan independent tower company) on the premium-listing segment of the London Stock Exchange
- Vivo Energy plc in connection with its strategic acquisition of ENGEN’s downstream business in 9 countries in Africa in a share and cash transaction
- Huntsman Corporation on its $522 million initial public offering of Venator Materials plc, a global chemical company incorporated in the UK
- Advised an oil company on its participation in the Oil and Gas Climate Initiative, a $1 billion joint initiative to develop and accelerate the commercial deployment of innovative low emissions technologies
- A U.S. private equity sponsor in connection with the acquisition and financing of a portfolio of nonperforming commercial real estate debts located in Spain and Portugal with a face value of €4.4 billion
- A U.S. private equity sponsor on the acquisition of a European bad bank from The Netherlands
- Goldman Sachs on the acquisition of various shipping loans
- Höegh LNG Partners LP, an owner and operator of floating storage and regasification units (FSRUs) and other liquefied natural gas (LNG) infrastructure assets, in its $221 million initial public offering of common units
- Apache on the agreement to sell its interests in the Scottish Area Gas Evacuation system, known as Sage, and Beryl pipeline to a subsidiary of London-based infrastructure investors Ancala
- Riverstone and a leading investment bank on their investment in Origo Exploration
- Various groups and funds on the potential impact of recent international tax reforms, including “Base Erosion and Profit Shifting” and the UK’s diverted profits tax
- Various groups on redomiciliations both to and from the UK
*includes experience from previous firms
Firm News & Announcements, Awards and Recognition, Speaking Engagements, Latest Thinking
Firm News & Announcements
- Weil Advises in Relation to CVC Portfolio Company Zabka Polska’s More Than PLN 6B (c. €1.3B) Aggregate Debt Facilities Deal Brief — January 26, 2023
- Weil Earns High Honors in ITR World Tax 2023 Firm Announcement — September 08, 2022
The Stamp Taxes Framework: Proposals for Modernisation
Blog Post — Tax Blog
Ellie Marques and
— May 26, 2023
On 27 April 2023 (and as noted in a previous blog, HM Revenue and Customs (HMRC) launched a consultation on the government’s proposals to modernise the “Stamp Taxes on Shares framework”. ...
OECD Tax Developments and M&A
Blog Post — Tax Blog
Devon Bodoh and
— May 16, 2023
In the second edition of the Chambers Expert Focus Weil Tax Insight series, International Tax Head Devon Bodoh and partner Jenny Doak discuss OECD tax developments and M&A. They look at Pillar Two of the OECD tax developments, which provides for a global minimum tax on large corporations, its impact on multinationals, and especially on M&A.
The post OECD Tax Developments and M&A appeared first on Weil Tax BLOG....
- Podcast: OECD Tax Developments and M&A Alert — Chambers Expert Focus — By Devon Bodoh and Jenny Doak — May 16, 2023
Tax Administration and Maintenance Day
Blog Post — Tax Blog
Aron Joy and
— May 02, 2023
On 27 April 2023, the government announced a package of policy proposals, calls for evidence and consultations as part of this year’s Tax Administration and Maintenance Day (TAMD). ...
Spring Budget 2023: Tax Update
Blog Post — Tax Blog
Kevin Donegan and
— March 15, 2023
On 15 March 2023, Chancellor Jeremy Hunt delivered his Spring Budget, declaring that this would be a budget focussed on growth ...